• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/ron-hextall-promoted-to-flyers-gm-1.2634677
hextall-ron-140507.jpg

Ron Hextall promoted to Flyers GM

*edit, sevearly beaten to the punch. But whatever, bye bye Homer

zroid

Banned
It's day 2 of the Leafs managers meeting in Vegas. If Carlyle is getting canned, surely it will be decided in the next day or two. :|

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Toronto is my second home, I really need to make it to one of these meet ups one time

At least Agnew is gone.

That is until Oates comes on as the PP coach.

I think Hitchcock is one of the best coaches in the NHL, don't think he's your problem, hell I don't even think St. Louis has a problem, injuries hit them at the wrong time and you went up against one of the best teams in the League.

Samyy

carlyle_wowy.png

Another neat graph showing how badly Carlyle's system is destroying our possession stats.
The most notable, IMO, is Phaneuf - he is getting completely ripped apart by Randy's system.

I think Hitchcock is one of the best coaches in the NHL, don't think he's your problem, hell I don't even think St. Louis has a problem, injuries hit them at the wrong time and you went up against one of the best teams in the League.

Inability to change up the strategy to compete with those best teams is our problem. A big part of that is the PP, but there are other issues. Agnew and Hirsch getting the boot is an attempt to salvage the system while fixing the most visible flaws (PP and very inconsistent goaltending). Another year of piss poor post-season won't fly with Stillman.

The time for patting ourselves on the back for the regular season performance is over.

pringles

Edit: Apparently Babs in a recent interview with NHL.com mentioned that Backman (AKA: Lidstom V2) is someone they would like to have on the team next year and apparently he is really making a case for himself with his play with the Griffins right now. Also, can these playoffs get over so we can get to the draft/FA signings instead? I want to see Holland re-sign Cleary.
Watched some of the Griffins 1st round series, Backman looks great and should have no problem being in the NHL next season. Our defensive prospects overall are getting ridiculous. Going to be a logjam real soon.

And with Babcock going to see Mantha as he's tearing it up in the playoffs, it seems like he has a real chance to make the team next year.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
carlyle_wowy.png

Another neat graph showing how badly Carlyle's system is destroying our possession stats.
The most notable, IMO, is Phaneuf - he is getting completely ripped apart by Randy's system.

The answer is simple, you guys need Ron Wilson back :D

Hanta Yo motherfuckers

Fuck that cunt.

I agree with this viewpoint.

I was deathly scared that the Sens were going to draft this guy. Thankfully the Panthers saved our asses.

.@DarrenDreger: Leafs meetings continue in Vegas. The fact Carlyle hasn't been fired to this point indicates he will back for another season on Leafs bench.

Yessssssssssss!!! Time to resume #Neckless

Samyy

McDavid is ours!

But seriously, joke of an organization. Shanahan has proven to be another useless fuck.
Medocrity continues.

zroid

Banned
I don't believe Dreger's BS. May be they've made the decision to fire but won't announce it till everyone's back in Toronto to hold a press conference or w/e.

I appreciate that welp and second it, ZG.

My mind says that Shanahan is just doing an extremely thorough review of the org while he prepares his own management team to replace Nonis etc.

My heart says that Shanahan thinks that Nonis and Carlyle are worth keeping because he has no idea what to do.

Cactus

Banned
I was mortified for a second, but this seems like nothing more than speculation on Dreger's part.

I just can't imagine Randy being back next year. It would kill the team's morale.

Top Bottom