• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Bylsma coached two different teams with completely different players this year and both showed no heart when faced with adversity in high pressure situations.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Socreges

Banned
We'll take one Bylsma plz
I think he'd be a better fit than Torts for sure, but I'm still not optimistic that this team can compete either way. They're going to need an interesting trade/signing or two and the emergence of at least two young prospects. Oh and Lack to play like he did when there was much less pressure on him.

Not too much to ask, guys!

I think he'd be a better fit than Torts for sure, but I'm still not optimistic that this team can compete either way. They're going to need an interesting trade/signing or two and the emergence of at least two young prospects. Oh and Lack to play like he did when there was much less pressure on him.

Not too much to ask, guys!

Definitely a team lacking identity right now. If they're going to play a speed and skill game they need a coach that is experienced enough to handle adversity, bring along young players, yet can also let the veterans solve their own problems.

I don't understand how Bylsma always seemed to get more out of his team when Crosby and Malkin weren't in the lineup.

Maybe they put too much on those two. If they're injured someone else has to step up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No way the new GM keeps Byslam anyways, they're just delaying the inevitable.

I don't understand how Bylsma always seemed to get more out of his team when Crosby and Malkin weren't in the lineup.
I think it has more to do with the fact that when your team doesn't have two of the best players in the world to carry it, the rest of the roster realizes they need to pick their game up.

Acid08

Banned
I clicked on that thinking "huh I wonder where in the bottom ten we'll be" and came away pleasantly surprised were not in the bottom five.

we should be, our AHL team is trash

pringles

Mantha with a beauty.

ShockedFalseFirefly.gif

zroid

Banned
Flyers 2nd rounder goalie getting out-played by the Leafs 6th rounder.

Oh yeah and Mantha's good too :p

edit: Sorry Samyy looks like the Marlies are sweeping another one :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I clicked on that thinking "huh I wonder where in the bottom ten we'll be" and came away pleasantly surprised were not in the bottom five.

we should be, our AHL team is trash

Yeah I clicked straight on the last page too because I knew we'd be in the bottom 5.

Turns out, we are, to the surprise of nobody. Maybe next year we'll be higher once Shinkaruk/Gaunce/Horvat are a year older and we've added whoever we draft at Nr.6.

Samyy

Holland is too good for the AHL :(
Carlyle pls

Also is Allen a promising goalie prospect? Dude has let in some soft goals all series long.

Samyy

Marlies coast on back-to-back series sweeps to the conference final, but not one player could get in above Orr/McLaren/play more then 5 minutes a night on the Leafs >=(.

zroid

Banned
Marlies the only team to sweep in both rounds. I'd wager they won't have such an easy time in the conference finals though. :p

Top Bottom