• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Razorskin

----- ------
Cake Boss is somewhere here.

UKmkKlC.png

https://twitter.com/CBCKamil/status/467718295278604289

Just got back from Godzilla, wasn't too bad, I don't see a lot of movies lately but it was pretty cool, wish there was more fighting though like in Pacific Rim.

Just got back from Godzilla, wasn't too bad, I don't see a lot of movies lately but it was pretty cool, wish there was more fighting though like in Pacific Rim.

I finally saw Pacific Rim the other night and... it was pretty good, definitely not the crapfest that many of GAF made it out to be. I actually was hoping for more Jaeger v. Kaiju scenes - so Godzilla's actually light on that?

I finally saw Pacific Rim the other night and... it was pretty good, definitely not the crapfest that many of GAF made it out to be. I actually was hoping for more Jaeger v. Kaiju scenes - so Godzilla's actually light on that?

There will be a lot more monster action in Pacific Rim because there are more monsters (and the movie is basically all about them fighting these things). Godzilla focuses on more than just monsters fighting.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It seems that people who loved Pacific Rim, aren't fans of the new Godzilla. I thought Pacific Rim was a flaming pile of shit, and Godzilla an almost perfect monster movie. Depends on what you're looking for I guess.

Quick

Banned
It seems that people who loved Pacific Rim, aren't fans of the new Godzilla. I thought Pacific Rim was a flaming pile of shit, and Godzilla an almost perfect monster movie. Depends on what you're looking for I guess.

I enjoyed both. Go see Godzilla, people.

Male MUTO simping hard on the female MUTO hrtc style. I imagined the male MUTO saying "m'lady" to the female MUTO when he handed her the nuclear bomb.

Male MUTO simping hard on the female MUTO hrtc style. I imagined the male MUTO saying "m'lady" to the female MUTO when he handed her the nuclear bomb.

I lol'd too much at that. Need a Don Quick review of Godzilla I think.

zroid

Banned
Almost all the Godzilla reception I've seen on GAF has been positive (note I haven't been actively seeking it out, just incidental comments in a few threads), and almost all the reception I've seen on Twitter has been negative.

I don't know what to believe!

Quick

Banned
Almost all the Godzilla reception I've seen on GAF has been positive (note I haven't been actively seeking it out, just incidental comments in a few threads), and almost all the reception I've seen on Twitter has been negative.

NeoGAF_logo.png

Acid08

Banned

Don't trust anyone humans are scum

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

:lol :lol

A lot of gaffers are complaining about the lack of action, but that kind of stuff gets redundant really quickly. Godzilla did a great job of balancing both.

Quick

Banned
:lol :lol

A lot of gaffers are complaining about the lack of action, but that kind of stuff gets redundant really quickly. Godzilla did a great job of balancing both.

My only complaint would be Ken Watanabe (who's generally pretty awesome) and some character decisions.

Ken Watanabe's character being in this constant legit shook look. I can see it coming off as being scarred from what just happened at the Janjira nuclear plant with MUTO 1. At the same time, it's overdoing that "oh my god..." type character.

Dumb character decision: Elle (Best Olsen) decides to leave her kid with her friend, who is headed to a safer location while she stuck around the hospital. Granted, she may not have realized at the time how big an impact Godzilla and the MUTAs were going to cause, but she should've just come along and he'd probably find her there anyway.

Sanjuro

Godzilla was pretty trashy for a large portion of the film. Ultimately the gimmick is it's the best America production of the Japanese product you can get, and the payoff is absolutely spectacular.

Even if they cast actors who are able to convey actually emotions, they amount to nothing. The lead actor serves as nothing more than an roller coaster cart for the viewer.

zroid

Banned
This morning we have rematches of both the gold and bronze medal games from the Olympics. I think in both cases the results will be be flipped.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Godzilla was pretty trashy for a large portion of the film. Ultimately the gimmick is it's the best America production of the Japanese product you can get, and the payoff is absolutely spectacular.

Even if they cast actors who are able to convey actually emotions, they amount to nothing. The lead actor serves as nothing more than an roller coaster cart for the viewer.

The acting was a bit over the top considering the story they had to work with. They really straddled the line between B movie and summer blockbuster.

Sanjuro

The acting was a bit over the top considering the story they had to work with. They really straddled the line between B movie and summer blockbuster.

Considering the source, it bothered me significantly less. It's just a category where the film really could have make it's mark in.

zroid

Banned
amazing sequence to get the OT winner. monster save by Scrivens, then on the 2 on 1 rush, Scheifele makes a patient pass across to Ellis who taps it in five-hole.

853497202.gif

853495793.gif

Top Bottom