• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lemieux Interview

Lemieux: Yeah. You need speed. Look at Montreal, the way they’re built. They have some smaller forwards, but they’re all speedy and they’ve got grit, and they’ve got character. That’s probably what we’d like to have.
What alternate universe did I just fall into?

Suicide Pills are in the mail Heretic/Dastardly. I really wanted you guys to win too :(

I guess LA truly is the best California team.

Also Mantha is amazing.

zroid

Banned
Oh wow I missed that London took a penalty shot on Val d'Or. Considering it was a 1-0 game, that was a clutch-ass stop by Bibeau.

Acid08

Banned
So we have the 20th pick. Can definitely see DW trying to trade up. Maybe he'll even make some crazy move for the first overall.

Quick

Banned
Ducks-age :(

Let's sing this one together. An oldie but a goodie.

iD47ysB4TBswU.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
sooooo

glendale has paid out $24 million for the coyotes ($15 mil for team and $9 mil for arena) this year and only received $8 mil in revenue

loooool

edit:

wait a second i said $8 million! I meant $4 million!

zroid

Banned
Looks like Burrows was not seriously injured by the knee-on-knee yesterday. The Italian player got suspended one game (for unintentional but irresponsible contact).

Montresor

Hello friends!!!!!!!

Sorry for being a dick with last night's comment. It was petty and retarded.

Welcome Ducks-age. :(

California, land of bikinis and palm trees, is amazingly home to three juggernaut NHL teams. LA, Anaheim, and (to a lesser extent, I guess, but only because of the recent 3-0 collapse) San Jose.

Sorry for being a dick with last night's comment. It was petty and retarded.

Welcome Ducks-age. :(

California, land of bikinis and palm trees, is amazingly home to three juggernaut NHL teams. LA, Anaheim, and (to a lesser extent, I guess, but only because of the recent 3-0 collapse) San Jose.

No way man. No offence taken, but I appreciate the gesture. No forgiveness given because no apology needed.

California would be a pretty cool place to live. I'd personally live in San Francisco.

Ducks-age :(

Let's sing this one together. An oldie but a goodie.

iD47ysB4TBswU.gif

Classic GIF <3

I guess LA truly is the best California team.

Ducks are still the best, but Kings are the most consistent. So I guess that trumps a good roster in the playoffs.

A signed Spezza for Etem, Smith Pelly and a 1st pls

Monsters.

I can see Etem and a draft pick going to the Canucks for Kesler this offseason.

With Koivu gone, we need a 2nd line center and more two way players.

While it's complete fucking garbage to see yet another LA CHI WCF, every team that the Blues needed to win for draft purposes won. We now have the 21st and 32nd.

God I'd love for Fabbri and Schmaltz to drop enough for those picks.

MacAttack

"This is a very good team. There's some tweaks [to be done] here or there...," Chiarelli said. "It's very emotional. And it's my job to be unemotional about it...I'm not going to gut this team because some players didn't play well."

As expected, it sounds like most of the roster will be back for another run next year.

Unfortunately for Shawn Thornton, it sounds like he may not be re-signed, which would put an end to the Merlot line. They have been living off the reputation earned against Vancouver in 2011 but this is overdue at this point. Claude's insistence on not breaking them up probably hurt the team by not playing Paille on the third line when it was clear that Fraser wasn't quite ready to play that many minutes. Also, putting them in with 10 minutes left in the third in game seven had the opposite effect of what happened in 2011. The first line had just put tons of pressure on Montreal and when those guys came it out Montreal was able to push back and kill all that momentum.

Merguson

Banned
I'd love for the Leafs to draft Fabbri to be honest. Watching his highlights, he's unreal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSprrrIv7fc

It's possible. According to Trakios of the National Post (with the Q&A rounds Shanahan did), he told his scouts to look at high-reward, high-risk players in the draft. I think it's a good strategy moving forward. We've got a lot of depth but not enough high-end players.

To that end, new president Brendan Shanahan offered the scouting staff new guidelines heading into next month&#8217;s NHL Entry Draft. Where Brian Burke favoured size over skill (ie: Tyler Biggs) and Dave Nonis was admittedly safe in his selections (ie: Gauthier), Shanahan indicated this week that the emphasis would be on taking players with higher ceilings, starting with the No. 8 pick, even if that meant assuming greater risks.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014...pproach-with-prospects-despite-lowly-ranking/

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Melnyk is straight up trolling Cake Boss now:

@MelnykEugene said:
As a Canadian - how can you not root for the Habs! Still, should be a great series! Enjoy it!

Hello everyone. Shit does indeed suck, but I am pleasantly surprised to find that the Off-Season thread is not a kingslunk dominated thunderdome.

I still don't understand why he was posting in the playoff thread hoping for a Ducks fans to vanish into this thread when his team was eliminated 3 weeks ago. His team doesn't get a second chance in the playoffs after Anaheim gets eliminated. Lol.

Lehtonen could have the powers to make this happen. Stealing games

Calamari41

41 > 38
Kings fans waking up this morning shocked to read in the paper that there are two more rounds to be played.

Time to buy a shirt? Maybe after a couple more wins.

Calamari41

41 > 38
You guys will always have a place to stay if you ever want to visit the Orange County coast, as far as I'm concerned.

Because of all the hotels.

Top Bottom