• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

B7T5GJ4.gif

Holy shit, I saw that thread this morning and just dismissed it. Like wtf??? Only NeoGAF could make a 20 page thread about a single fucking frame drop on a Mario Kart game... I swear to god, we as humans just LOOOOVE to debate for the sake of hearing our own voices. No one fucking cares or would notice if DF never put that out. Not a single person!

Time to ban all technical talk from GAF, better yet, make gaming side for news only with comments turned off and mods have full function to edit OP's with updated news as it comes through. Then once a month, all members must bow down to their mod kings and sacrifice a member to each mod so that they may bring us peace for another month!!

Nyquist in beast mode, but Salak was right there

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/854433155.gif?1401030931[img]

diff angle:

[img]https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/854433745.gif?1401031167[img][/QUOTE]

It brings a tear to my eye and a smile to my face knowing that he is on our team. :*)

Holy shit, I saw that thread this morning and just dismissed it. Like wtf??? Only NeoGAF could make a 20 page thread about a single fucking frame drop on a Mario Kart game... I swear to god, we as humans just LOOOOVE to debate for the sake of hearing our own voices. No one fucking cares or would notice if DF never put that out. Not a single person!

More like: thorough analysis of technical details is what DF does and your average Gaming side console warrior is incapable of dealing with that.

If this was some minor technical issue with the latest Intel Processor, there would be discussion about it even on GAF in a neutral civil manner, but since it's VIDYA GAEMS just putting an article out about is enough to make a million dorks start shitting themselves in rage.

Friedman say Renney may be in the mix for coach. I'd be OK with that over the other fossils available. Though, even with his meh resume, Stevens could be a candidate. Tough I doubt Tallon would wait that long till the kings go out/ win the cup.

Kesler has already given the Canucks six teams he’d be willing to waive his no-trade clause for: Anaheim, Colorado, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Pittsburgh.

Hmmm.... I wonder how much of the farm Holland would give up if he wanted to trade for him.

Strangely enough I could see Holland swing for the fences and try to acquire both Kesler and Edler. However Kesler really seems to be on the decline and I don't want to give up some of our awesome prospects for him.

Hmmm.... I wonder how much of the farm Holland would give up if he wanted to trade for him.

Strangely enough I could see Holland swing for the fences and try to acquire both Kesler and Edler. However Kesler really seems to be on the decline and I don't want to give up some of our awesome prospects for him.

Imagine if you didnt have Weiss.

Colorado and Tampa seem like odd choices but both are brimming with young talent and he would be a key piece on either team.

I think playing in a less physical system where he isn't expected to carry the team could be good for Kesler. Skilled linemates would help too.

Imagine:

O'reilly-Duchene-Kesler
Landeskog-Stastny-MacKinnon
McGinn-Hishon-Tanguay
Talbot-Mitchell-McLeod

Hnnnnng

Parenteau is gones, not necessarily in a treade for Kesler, but to dump salary. It's a pipe dream though. Kesler and Duchene are always yapping at each other too, so that would be a hilarious situation.

Acid08

Banned
Imagine:

O'reilly-Duchene-Kesler
McGinn-Hishon-Tanguay
Talbot-Mitchell-McLeod

Hnnnnng

Parenteau is gones, not necessarily in a treade for Kesler, but to dump salary. It's a pipe dream though. Kesler and Duchene are always yapping at each other too, so that would be a hilarious situation.
Why the hell would you get Kesler and not play him at center? Colorado only makes sense if they let Statsny walk, imo. Otherwise Chicago and Anaheim are the likeliest to go hard after him.

Why the hell would you get Kesler and not play him at center? Colorado only makes sense if they let Statsny walk, imo. Otherwise Chicago and Anaheim are the likeliest to go hard after him.

A lot of Vancouver fans say he is good on RW, as long as he still brings his two-way game it would be great.

Imagine:

O'reilly-Duchene-Kesler
McGinn-Hishon-Tanguay
Talbot-Mitchell-McLeod

Hnnnnng

What about that D though

Erdrick

Hey Canucks fans,

How's Santorelli working for you guys in the upcoming future? I know he had some injuries that limited him considerably, but from what I heard from some of you early on, he was quite a good fit. Is he going to stay with you for next year? (I'm not sure of his contract status atm.)

I liked him for the handful of games he played for the Jets in the 2013 lockout season. I also remember some of the Panthers fans being happy that we picked him up off waivers from them, but I gather this was more due to his injuries than his play.

What's your rationale with that top line? ie, why Kesler at RW and Duchene at C?

Well our offensive system works off of rushes, when we get the puck we immediately jump the other team, as the center usually carries the puck down the middle Duchene has the speed so he would be at center.

Socreges

Banned
Hey Canucks fans,

How's Santorelli working for you guys in the upcoming future? I know he had some injuries that limited him considerably, but from what I heard from some of you early on, he was quite a good fit. Is he going to stay with you for next year? (I'm not sure of his contract status atm.)

I liked him for the handful of games he played for the Jets in the 2013 lockout season. I also remember some of the Panthers fans being happy that we picked him up off waivers from them, but I gather this was more due to his injuries than his play.
We signed him on a 1-year deal and will be trying to get him back for a 2 or 3-yr deal, I'd guess. He was great and arguably the best bargain of the season on any team. Unfortunately he got injured halfway through the season, one reason why the Canucks fell off a cliff after December.

Socreges

Banned
Well our offensive system works off of rushes, when we get the puck we immediately jump the other team, as the center usually carries the puck down the middle Duchene has the speed so he would be at center.
I'd personally want Kesler doing the defensive work as centre rather than Duchene. And it's not as if Kesler isn't fast. But no doubt Duchene is faster.

Razorskin

----- ------
Imagine:

O'reilly-Duchene-Kesler
McGinn-Hishon-Tanguay
Talbot-Mitchell-McLeod

Hnnnnng

5 centres in the top 6, jesus.

We signed him on a 1-year deal and will be trying to get him back for a 2 or 3-yr deal, I'd guess. He was great and arguably the best bargain of the season on any team. Unfortunately he got injured halfway through the season, one reason why the Canucks fell off a cliff after December.

Good bottom six guy, but the Canucks have a lot of bottom six guys already, so he may be the odd one out. Loved his play though, kind of like Burrows with his passion and skill.

5 centres in the top 6, jesus.

Well I don't think it's that big of a problem, O'reilly and MacKinnon work on wing. It's a harder switch from wing to center. Though like I said it's a pipe dream anyway, though I'm starting to worry Stastny will be gone and if he hits FA he's going to sign with the Blues, so that really sucks.

Top Bottom