• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Finland is kingslunking hard about the reffing in that game, though to be fair, the reffing was absolutely atrocious.
I believe a call on what would have been the game winning goal for Finland was ruled no goal, even though it was clearly a good goal.

I believe that was different game. Belarus- Latvia. In this game Finns got penalties from pretty much every minor contact and Russia was pretty much free to do anything. Russia scored 4 powerplay goals.... Then of course there was the whole episode about Russian coach that had ban to participate to the game or go to ice after the game but when Russia won he went to ice celebrate and Rene Fasel (President of IIHF) handed him medal like nothing had happened. Corrupted piece of shit. oh and then there was that while they decided on the ban they postponed the decission process from previous day to the game day so that Znarok could hold the morning practice for Russian team... Shady as fuck.

calder

Finland is kingslunking hard about the reffing in that game

Lol.

Yeah the reffing was rough, they were clearly going to call a tight game and Finland was unable to adjust, probably because the Russians were playing very well and driving the play for long stretches.

Watching (most of) the game just made me realize that if Canada was there we'd have gotten like 5-7 penalties in the first period, then the players would have lost their damn minds and gotten blown out. Sadly for Finland, they play a pretty similar style to us and had basically exactly that happen.

cube444

It's amazing how many people give a fuck for these World Championships or even Olympic hockey for that matter.

Zero fucks from over here. I can't remember the last time I've watched either one.

Roflobear

It's amazing how many people give a fuck for these World Championships or even Olympic hockey for that matter.

Zero fucks from over here. I can't remember the last time I've watched either one.

Yea I didn't watch the Olympics either. Glad to know I wasn't the only one

Here in Finland it's like religious event every year. 2.8 million out of 5.4 million watched the final... We love our national team.

I'll give you guys that. I respect that.

And well even though it's pretty B level tournament and you guys in NA don't really follow WC it really has helped to spread ice hockey (together with KHL) and a lot of smaller ice hockey countries have been improving every year. Good for the sport.

zroid

Banned
The WCs are hard to get pumped about with many star players off the rosters, but the Olympics are quite a spectacle of talent. Any fan of hockey ought to watch that.

The WCs are hard to get pumped about with many star players off the rosters, but the Olympics are quite a spectacle of talent. Any fan of hockey ought to watch that.

Well hopefully NHL players will participate to next olympics =/.. I guess the best solution would be to have World Cup every four years and then Olympics every four years. You would have great tournament every two year. NHL gets the money from World Cup and IOC from olympics. Everyone would be happy including the fans.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Putin don't give a fuck

putin-champagne-shot4.jpg

Is it just me or does Ovi look like he has something red in his mouth?

I can't wrap my head around it

From the sounds of it, the Canuck's head coach will either be Willie Desjardins or John Stevens.

So far Trevor Linden looks like he's making some good choices.

Holland, dude is ready, beasting in the playoffs right now

Anaheims extras once again become the Leafs defining roster players. This is good, it means we can continue to have pride in their careers and watch them blossom unlike the chances they never got before.

That's really #edgy and #cool of you but hockey is a fun sport.

Is it just me or does Ovi look like he has something red in his mouth?

I can't wrap my head around it

A stubby red chode dildo. Russias pride.

TG7c80O.png

itshappeningbunker.gif

I think that's from Oct 1, 2013.

And yea, it's nice that Carlyle was talking about becoming more of a possession team. But it doesn't seem to be anything that was ever attempted - or that Carlyle and co. had any idea of how to implement that kind of approach to the game.

Shane, exactly. Yet this staff had their own Rush/Swarm system that they thought was the bee's knees. They even had some shite 'analytics' cooked up to support it.

Socreges

Banned
Hertl spittin' fire at Cherry.

BouvY9PCcAAQn6Z.jpg

Don Quick is furiously cutting a dis record in response.
In the midst of being butthurt and ignorant (whatever, he's still a kid), he did say some awfully (and obviously) true things about Cherry.

He should get traded to a Canadian team so he can see that most here hate him!

Top Bottom