• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

cube444

So Leonsis said after he fired McPhee that he was looking for a "fresh set of eyes and new voice" as a GM. He then hires the guy that was getting McPhee's "double doubles" and Big Macs for the last 7 years? Franchise is such a joke.

Leonsis and Patrick running the show with puppet/cronie GM.

ShaneB

So Leonsis said after he fired McPhee that he was looking for a "fresh set of eyes and new voice" as a GM. He then hires the guy that was getting McPhee's "double doubles" and Big Macs for the last 7 years? Franchise is such a joke.

tumblr_lz6nqrJLxW1r4zr6so1_500.gif

=(

I'm sad.

Oh wait it gets better!

@TSNSimmer: Chris Patrick will be asst GM. Great guy. Jeff Halpern will follow.

Dick Patrick's son promoted to assistant GM!

Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 2h
A month ago, when #Caps fired McPhee, Leonsis said he wanted a “fresh set of eyes and new voice”. MacLellan has been w/ the team since 2000.

Glad to see ownership did nothing to delay the Capitals spiral into mediocrity. Really hoping this season is a gong show for them so we get a lot of juicy "Ovi to the KHL" rumors.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So Luongo made Lack a new mask design:

Follow

Strombone
‏@strombone1
Hey @eddielack here's my concept for your design a mask contest....#winner #contestover pic.twitter.com/Io7J2AOP09

BoksUGbIEAAQhhJ.jpg

LOL

Parch

So Ovechkin tweets how happy he is to win the World Championships. Well, isn't that nice.

I'm not really sure how a guy can lead the league with 51 goals and still end up with a horrid minus 35. Unless of course he doesn't give a shit about anything other than scoring goals.

He's always been careful on what NOT to say. He'd never say how disappointed he would be if Washington made the playoffs and he couldn't go to the WC. Nope. Not going to say that. I doubt he'll ever ask for a trade as long as he can just cruise control and do whatever he wants. He'll never say that. I'm sure he'd never tweet "thanks for the moola, america" as he's laughing all the way to the bank.
Smart cookie that OV. He knows what to say and when to shut up.

So congrats on the World Championships OV. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

yyzjohn

Banned
So Ovechkin tweets how happy he is to win the World Championships. Well, isn't that nice.

I'm not really sure how a guy can lead the league with 51 goals and still end up with a horrid minus 35. Unless of course he doesn't give a shit about anything other than scoring goals.

Well Ovechkin has always been one dimensional, all offense, plus 24 of his 51 goals were on the PP which don't count towards your +/- stat.

He's always been careful on what NOT to say. He'd never say how disappointed he would be if Washington made the playoffs and he couldn't go to the WC. Nope. Not going to say that. I doubt he'll ever ask for a trade as long as he can just cruise control and do whatever he wants. He'll never say that. I'm sure he'd never tweet "thanks for the moola, america" as he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Your seeing what you want to see.

He always represents his country at any opportunity.

Merguson

Banned
Let go all of the UFAs.

Find cheaper options in free agency and within the system. What's the worst that could happen? Miss the playoffs again?

Curufinwe

Jouni Nieminen ‏@OnsideWithJouni 50m
Lost all respect for Tretyak, Fetisov, Ovechkin and others. Total bunch of crooks who got away with it. Couldnt do it in Sochi.

Jouni Nieminen ‏@OnsideWithJouni 48m
Alexander Ovechkin will never win a Stanley Cup because Putin cant buy it for him. Not everything in this world can be bought, thank god.

Samyy

What did Putin have to do with the WC? Or I'm missing the meaning? There were allegations of cheating?

Finland is kingslunking hard about the reffing in that game, though to be fair, the reffing was absolutely atrocious.
I believe a call on what would have been the game winning goal for Finland was ruled no goal, even though it was clearly a good goal.

Top Bottom