• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Samyy

Damn, saw someone retweet that and didn't check the date, surely he's figured out how to improve possession by now, right guys??

PUa86ki.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I got confused for a second when it said "There was a brief explosion of interest this week when deposed New York Rangers bench boss John Tortorella was interviewed in Vancouver on Tuesday but the ornery coach is a much more likely candidate in Dallas, where he is set to be interviewed next week.", then I realized the Globe article is a year old. Still valid things though, I guess.

Socreges

Banned
I got confused for a second when it said "There was a brief explosion of interest this week when deposed New York Rangers bench boss John Tortorella was interviewed in Vancouver on Tuesday but the ornery coach is a much more likely candidate in Dallas, where he is set to be interviewed next week.", then I realized the Globe article is a year old. Still valid things though, I guess.
thatsthejoke.jpg

He wasn't good enough a year ago. But now!

Curufinwe

Craig Berube on advanced stats.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=720815

@NHLFlyers you mentioned analytics will be key to the team moving forward, can you elaborate at all? #askchief

"There are a lot of stats out there that are very helpful and we have people working for us that break these games down and give us some real good information on puck-possession and how much time we’re spending in our own end, how much time we’re spending in the neutral zone and things like that. It really helps us improve and get better."

Cats 7th rounder Dman Mackenzie Weegar agrees to an ELC. Kid lead the QJ in +- this year and set a Hallifax record for post season pts. Kid seems like he could be NHLer which is amazing at his pick.

Quick

Banned
Make it open world too.

20 million copies sold.

Add in a spunky 20-something sidekick that becomes your love interest.

30 million copies sold.

Wolfenstein is great.

Watch_Dogs is ... different. Some very odd design decisions, but I like the game overall.

I like Watch Dogs, but there are moments when the game just feels really empty. I also don't like the main character.

W_D has the signs of a game that had a troubled design period. A lot of things feel half-done. And yet I'm enjoying the new things it does - like the remote hacking stuff, that stuff is brilliant.

Acid, I've been burned out on FPS games since CoD4, so I know what you mean. Wolfenstein is different than any FPS I've played over the past 7 years. I think it's because of the SP focus.

Roflobear

Was kinda interested in Wolfenstein because it's made by ex-Starbreeze dudes but the shooting looked really boring..

You should check out a game called Vanquish. I think the shooting in that game is really really fun. May just be the one shooter that you like lol

Acid08

Banned
You should check out a game called Vanquish. I think the shooting in that game is really really fun. May just be the one shooter that you like lol
I've played Vanquish, it was pretty fun. But I enjoyed it way more for the stupid ass concept and story than the actual shooting. I think Bayonetta is the way better Platinum game :p

Last gen: shooters galore
This gen: more fucking shooters

FUCK SHOOTERS. I don't care if they throw some time bullshit into one, give me something new.

What about a shooter where the only enemy is Dustin Brown. Will also have binary moral choices, left trigger to headshot, right trigger to kneecap.

Socreges

Banned
Lots of alternatives to shooters. Especially on PC and Nintendo consoles. But it'd be frustrating for people whose world is entirely XB1/PS4 where the majority of quality titles are shooters.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Only shooter I'm looking forward to is Destiny. Other than that, I would say I'm pretty burnt out on them all...I miss when fighting games and racing games were the best showcase of hardware power.

PS4 doesn't seem right without a Ridge Racer beside it...

I mean, I've been playing Quake Live and Heavy Bullets a lot lately. I'm tired of shooters too, but I can deal with them when they have interesting mechanics surrounding them. Will never play a shooter for the story ever again. Always a fucking mistake.

Top Bottom