• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lots of alternatives to shooters. Especially on PC and Nintendo consoles. But it'd be frustrating for people whose world is entirely XB1/PS4 where the majority of quality titles are shooters.

The way I play it, NHL 14 doesn't constitute as a shooter either.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DCUdWLA.gif

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
It's like the scene from 21 Jump Street, when Channing Tatum's character realises he's not one of the cool kids anymore :(

Guys, more important things are happening right now then the silly Habs

http://giant.gfycat.com/MadeupBlissfulBlackrussianterrier.gif[IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/mp5RmrI.gif[IMG]

HNNNNG[/QUOTE]

Quantum Break > Beast Souls...

[spoiler]never played a Souls game, just never seemed to catch my interest which seems odd[/spoiler]

Edit: 'MERICA!!!!

Samyy

Quantum Break > Beast Souls...

never played a Souls game, just never seemed to catch my interest which seems odd

Edit: 'MERICA!!!!

What a shame, you've never had a chance to praise the sun :(
420praiseit!!!

Dark Souls 1 is my #1 game of the gen so I'm super hyped.

Samyy

Brilliant. (I'll) Need to update this for the eventual Cup winner.

Jesus, that looks great. What is it.

Its a leak, we don't know a name besides its codename: "Project Beast"

It is the Miyazaki game developed/co-developed by Sony Studio Japan & From Software

Apparently spiritual successor to Demons Souls.

Another gif cause its hot as fuck:

2545376-2089896470-Corru.gif

Apparently Price tore a ligament in his knee.

I think this happened to me to, can barely stand - heading to the doctor tomorrow :/

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I asked my sister last week why she refuses to cheer on the Habs as the lone Canadian team. She looks at me point blank and without blinking an eye says, "because I don't want a Canadian team to win the cup before the Leafs. I want the Leafs to be the first ones." Forget winning the cup, we would probably both be dead before the Leafs make it to the cup finals, let alone win it.

leaf-fan-waiting-for-cup.jpg

Red_Man

Galchenyuk is 20.
Gallagher - 22.
Eller - 25.
Pacioretty - 25.
Price - 26.
Subban -25.
Beaulieu -21
Tinordi - 22

I'm okay with this core. Big decisions coming regarding Gionta, Plekanec, Desharnais, maybe even Gorges / Emelin. Next seasons roster should look different in quite a few ways.

Smiley90

Galchenyuk is 20.
Gallagher - 22.
Eller - 25.
Pacioretty - 25.
Price - 26.
Subban -25.
Beaulieu -21
Tinordi - 22

I'm okay with this core. Big decisions coming regarding Gionta, Plekanec, Desharnais, maybe even Gorges / Emelin. Next seasons roster should look different in quite a few ways.

Are you guys gonna extend Weise? He's only 25, too. Obviously not as much impact as the above, but he's a great skilled 4th line guy to have stick around.

Red_Man

Are you guys gonna extend Weise? He's only 25, too. Obviously not as much impact as the above, but he's a great skilled 4th line guy to have stick around.
God I hope so and would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't extended. He's been phenomenal on the 4th line, and one of our most consistent forwards all playoffs. Loves being a Hab too. I'll add him to the list.

Smiley90

God I hope so and would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't extended. He's been phenomenal on the 4th line, and one of our most consistent forwards all playoffs. Loves being a Hab too. I'll add him to the list.

Fucking Gillis and wanting to become more like Boston instead of focusing on the skill-game we were so good at before... -sigh-

We used to be like the Hawks and Sharks.... now we're neither the Hawks nor the Bruins and just stuck in shitland.

Red_Man

Guys that should be gone for sure : Bouillon, Murray, Parros, Budaj, Vanek

Fucking Gillis and wanting to become more like Boston instead of focusing on the skill-game we were so good at before... -sigh-

We used to be like the Hawks and Sharks.... now we're neither the Hawks nor the Bruins and just stuck in shitland.
It's more on Torts I think, he's never liked Weise and never had a place for him. He's really found a place on this team, I hope he's here for a long time.

Weise is an RFA so he stays.

What about Markov? Extra Skater just posted some HIDEOUS 5v5 possession stats with him on the ice.
As long as they're not terribly far apart on the money, Markov is staying. We can't replace his minutes with another player, and he was one of our best D men all year and playoffs. Took a hit this round, but so did everyone.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Galchenyuk is 20.
Gallagher - 22.
Eller - 25.
Pacioretty - 25.
Price - 26.
Subban -25.
Beaulieu -21
Tinordi - 22

I'm okay with Gorges staying, he's not great but he's consistently "dependable" on defense. Emelin I would trade as I think we could get something decent in return from a team like Edmonton. It's a shame he can't play on the left side more, but I wouldn't be upset if he left, same with Gorges if we could get something good from Edmonton, but Gorges isn't as sexy.

Don't really want Gionta back, maybe if Briere wasn't in the mix. I'd love to trade Desharnais but he has no value.

I wouldn't mind trading Plekanec for some young talent, but I'm worried we'd miss his defensive abilities too much in the short term. Galchenyuk should be playing centre next season.

Edit: Re-sign Weise and Weaver.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm okay with Gorges staying, he's not great but he's consistently "dependable" on defense. Emelin I would trade as I think we could get something decent in return from a team like Edmonton. It's a shame he can't play on the left side more, but I would be upset if he left, same with Gorges if we could get something good from Edmonton, but Gorges isn't as sexy.

Don't really want Gionta back, maybe if Briere wasn't in the mix. I'd love to trade Desharnais but he has no value.

I wouldn't mind trading Plekanec for some young talent, but I'm worried we'd miss his defensive abilities too much in the short term. Galchenyuk should be playing centre next season.

I agree with all this.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Poor solly, reddy, schuey, lammy....

Well, I was off bout the score, but man that must be disheartening.

You guys got a good young team and now fucking Tokarski we'll have to deal with too...

Red_Man

I really have no idea what will happen with the centers. They say they want to put A.Gally at C, but you can't move Eller, and i'm not sure if he's ready to replace Pleks minutes. I don't think you can move Desharnais, and he was actually decent these playoffs. I could see them keeping A.Gally at LW for another season unfortunately.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I really have no idea what will happen with the centers. They say they want to put A.Gally at C, but you can't move Eller, and i'm not sure if he's ready to replace Pleks minutes. I don't think you can move Desharnais, and he was actually decent these playoffs. I could see them keeping A.Gally at LW for another season unfortunately.

I feel like I shit on Desharnais all of the time, but I only want him gone because AGally is the perfect replacement for him and our future number one centre.

I'm just really worried Eller will be targeted by a lot of teams, but I don't know how Bergevin could justify trading him after his playoffs.

Mentok

Banned
I'm okay with Gorges staying, he's not great but he's consistently "dependable" on defense. Emelin I would trade as I think we could get something decent in return from a team like Edmonton. It's a shame he can't play on the left side more, but I wouldn't be upset if he left, same with Gorges if we could get something good from Edmonton, but Gorges isn't as sexy.

I agree all this.

Buillon, Murray, Parros and Vanek have all probably played their last games for the Habs (maybe not Buillon). Gionta might get re-signed if he'll take a significant paycut, otherwise I'd let him walk. He's not a great 3rd line player. If we could package deal guys like Emelin with DD, I'd be ok with it. Overall though, that core listed by Red_man with Weise added is looking great!

EDIT: I'm just tired of Patches having to play with DD. He's NOT a #1 C. See the Leafs for how good that goes when you keep trying to shoehorn a guy as #1.

Red_Man

So who do we want to draft boys?

I feel like I shit on Desharnais all of the time, but I only want him gone because AGally is the perfect replacement for him and our future number one centre.
I agree, I just don't know who would trade for DD, even after he's rebounded. Combined with his marriage to Patches, it's an ugly mess.

EDIT: I'm just tired of Patches having to play with DD. He's NOT a #1 C. See the Leafs for how good that goes when you keep trying to shoehorn a guy as #1.
It will be interesting to see how Bergevin handles this, it is pretty clear A.Gally will be the #1 C eventually. DD's value may never be higher.

I'd love to see Bergevin make a play for Kane in the off season.

Socreges

Banned
Its a leak, we don't know a name besides its codename: "Project Beast"

It is the Miyazaki game developed/co-developed by Sony Studio Japan & From Software

Apparently spiritual successor to Demons Souls.

Another gif cause its hot as fuck:

2545376-2089896470-Corru.gif

I think this happened to me to, can barely stand - heading to the doctor tomorrow :/
Spiritual successor to Demon's Souls? That was Dark Souls. So is this an actual sequel to Demon's Souls or another spiritual successor? PS4 exclusive, I guess. That's huge.

Top Bottom