• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Damn lol look at those arms.

How do you play a physical sport like hockey and not break in half in that body?
He plays a pretty physical game too lol.

Combine tests Nylander was pretty beastly in the anaerobic tests. Kid looks ripped.

@renlavoietva: #canadiens Marc Bergevin just told me that he give the permission to #panthers to talk to Gerard Gallant for the coaching position.

Word is Gallant is already in S.FLA. Coached Hubey in St. John. Was in C-Bus before Bobo so I'm not really holding it to much against him.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
10404016_10152505171995996_2507708419521021743_o.jpg

YEEES!!!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So i dont know whats going on in that screen

San jose wearing home jersey

Crowd has jets / coyotes jerseys indicating its a phoenix home game

Confused

Edit: Oh wait thats a cluster of visiting fans!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He plays a pretty physical game too lol.

Combine tests Nylander was pretty beastly in the anaerobic tests. Kid looks ripped.

@renlavoietva: #canadiens Marc Bergevin just told me that he give the permission to #panthers to talk to Gerard Gallant for the coaching position.

Word is Gallant is already in S.FLA. Coached Hubey in St. John. Was in C-Bus before Bobo so I'm not really holding it to much against him.

I wonder if Gallant was in charge of special teams, if so, good riddance.

They didn't quite capture the look of agony and defeat in his face.

Has this been posted? http://www.bergerbytes.ca/leafs-florida-blockbuster/

Howard Berger: Phaneuf + Kadri + 8th Overall for Jovanovski + 1st Overall.

Huge overpayment to get the first.

Not a fan of Phaneuf at all or the term. Kadri isn't a need since we are set at C. Jovo is likely a buyout/retire and getting a job in the org. Wouldn't be right to let him get run out of town somewhere else. He still is a big part of the org history.

I wonder if Gallant was in charge of special teams, if so, good riddance.

They didn't quite capture the look of agony and defeat in his face.

If I'm not mistaken Clement Jodoin runs the PP (going by practice reports). Gallant ran the attack.

yyzjohn

Banned
Thats a terrible trade unless we want to restart the rebuild

Thing that scares me, if that rumor is true, they'll boot Kadri out of town and sign Bolland long term. I don't mind getting rid of captain blockhead, but i'd like to hold onto young players with upside like Kadri.

Samyy

Thing that scares me, if that rumor is true, they'll boot Kadri out of town and sign Bolland long term. I don't mind getting rid of captain blockhead, but i'd like to hold onto young players with upside like Kadri.

This is true, unless they think Holland can be better the Kadri, IDK.
I don't know what these guys are going to do anymore.

yyzjohn

Banned
This is true, unless they think Holland can be better the Kadri, IDK.
I don't know what these guys are going to do anymore.

Whole new ballgame with Sheriff Shanny in town. If he wants to shake up the culture of the team what better way than to trade away the captain. Message sent. If this deal is true, then Shanahan is really leaning on Nonis to do something big.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Thats a terrible trade unless we want to restart the rebuild

Well... not really.

It would prime the Leafs to have an unbelievable D corps in a couple years and Leafs still have very good Wings.

Murders our C depth (bozak and bolland.... uuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh)

It has a chance to be a great trade as much as an awful one (long term)

Depends on our FA, our next year draft position, really.

Let's do it, i am feeling dangerous

Can screw it all up or make the leafs into perennial contenders

Samyy

Whole new ballgame with Sheriff Shanny in town. If he wants to shake up the culture of the team what better way than to trade away the captain. Message sent. If this deal is true, then Shanahan is really leaning on Nonis to do something big.

The only problem with this is that all signs point to Phaneufs play actually being hurt very badly by Carlyle's defensive system, and the other D-men are getting burned too. I think Shanahan knows this and its why he publicly criticized Carlyle's defensive system (he said it is dead in today's NHL) and reiterated his support for Phaneuf.

I don't think Phaneuf is a problem, in fact name me 30 better defence men. The fact is that the team being just plain bad with that defensive system can't be made up for by whatever metric anyone uses to measure leadership and leadership problems.

If you want to shake up the culture I'd try trading other players honestly, like Lupul. Phaneuf is a useful and important piece, the problem with substituting Phaneuf with Ekblad is Ekblad may not even become as good as Phaneuf for 3-4 years, and by then your probably better of starting with a new-core all together.

yyzjohn

Banned
The only problem with this is that all signs point to Phaneufs play actually being hurt very badly by Carlyle's defensive system, and the other D-men are getting burned too. I think Shanahan knows this and its why he publicly criticized Carlyle's defensive system (he said it is dead in today's NHL) and reiterated his support for Phaneuf.

I don't think Phaneuf is a problem, in fact name me 30 better defence men. The fact is that the team being just plain bad with that defensive system can't be made up for by whatever metric anyone uses to measure leadership and leadership problems.

If you want to shake up the culture I'd try trading other players honestly, like Lupul. Phaneuf is a useful and important piece, the problem with substituting Phaneuf with Ekblad is Ekblad may not even become as good as Phaneuf for 3-4 years, and by then your probably better of starting with a new-core all together.

Meh, Leafs have been brutal for so long, what's a few more years? Like Dopey said, roll the dice and see what happens lol

Samyy

I see only darkness and bad things
If Bolland is resigned I will be legit dead

And yes Berger hates Phaneuf for some reason.

Acid08

Banned
wait is he calling out someone in particular?
I would imagine he's referring to Thornton, Marleau, and Stuart. Stuart especially, he came back to SJ because his family still lives and has been terrible. Thornton and Marleau are incredibly comfortable here and are seen as the reason the locker room has an overly relaxed atmosphere with zero accountability.

I would imagine he's referring to Thornton, Marleau, and Stuart. Stuart especially, he came back to SJ because his family still lives and has been terrible. Thornton and Marleau are incredibly comfortable here and are seen as the reason the locker room has an overly relaxed atmosphere with zero accountability.

Well shit, sounds like he's ready to ship people out with that statement. Trade 'em all to Phoenix to make them real uncomfortable.

I've heard anecdotally something similar about the SJ leadership group. It was more to do with the 'extra-curricular' activities (that to be fair seem part and parcel of the pro-athlete lifestyle) than to do with locker-room accountability and things of that ilk however.

Acid08

Banned
I've heard anecdotally something similar about the SJ leadership group. It was more to do with the 'extra-curricular' activities (that to be fair seem part and parcel of the pro-athlete lifestyle) than to do with locker-room accountability and things of that ilk however.
What have you heard? Most of the criticisms DW has had have been all about their on ice and locker room stuff. He hasn't had a problem moving players whose off ice activities were actually a big problem. Setoguchi was the most prominent example of that, he would get wasted most nights, was in a few fights downtown, and would be late/hungover at team meetings. And from what I've heard he's still doing some of that.

What have you heard? Most of the criticisms DW has had have been all about their on ice and locker room stuff. He hasn't had a problem moving players whose off ice activities were actually a big problem. Setoguchi was the most prominent example of that, he would get wasted most nights, was in a few fights downtown, and would be late/hungover at team meetings. And from what I've heard he's still doing some of that.

That actually explains so much about that kid.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Are any of the Blackhawks top 6 available?

Sharp or Hossa would be nice in Montreal, other than that contract.

Top Bottom