• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I heard Staal always wanted to play for the Leafs.

Agreed, it's great that he recognized the core of this team! I've heard Gio may be interested in NJ, and they may be interested as well. Either way, I'm hoping that for Gio and Markov combined, we don't go too high. Especially in Gio's case, as there are better 3rd liners out there.

I'd be okay with Markov at a slight raise to 6 million, if only as a thanks for his years of service with some really shitty teams, but at 2 years tops.

They've been asking about him for over a year now. I have a bad feeling they're gonna just go sign Boyle as a stop gap though.

I really don't want Boyle, maybe for a year or something and that's it, but I would rather go for Edler despite is bad season. Screw it, go for Edler and then get Ehroff too.

Samyy

Dreger is saying they'll trade Bolland's rights if they can't get him below 5million
But honestly even 4.5 sounds like way too much...

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol 5M for a 3rd line center when your already paying 5.2M for another 3rd liner who played like a 4th liner last season.

And you just signed your captain to a giant ass contract and hes already on the block lol.

And not to mention the rumors of young talent like Kadri and Gardiner on the trade block for some reason.

Nonis is already proving to be one of the worst GMs in the league and its not even Year 2 yet.

Mentok

Banned
I heard Staal always wanted to play for the Leafs.

I'd be okay with Markov at a slight raise to 6 million, if only as a thanks for his years of service with some really shitty teams, but at 2 years tops.

I dunno man, that just seems too high. Granted a guy with Markov's skillset will cost you, but I don't think he's a 6mil D man.

EDIT: Then again, D men seem to be getting massive pay these days, so who knows?

Lol 5M for a 3rd line center when your already paying 5.2M for another 3rd liner who played like a 4th liner last season.

That's insulting to 95% of 4th liners in the NHL.

And you just signed your captain to a giant ass contract and hes already on the block lol.

Yep.

And not to mention the rumors of young talent like Kadri and Gardiner on the trade block for some reason.

Yep.

Nonis is already proving to be one of the worst GMs in the league and its not even Year 2 yet.

Yep.

There's a chance Bolland won't ever return to pre-injury form. So of course Nonis - who might end up being worse for the Leafs than JFJ - will through money + term at him.

yyzjohn

Banned

Rumors are like assholes, everyone has one.

Dreger is saying they'll trade Bolland's rights if they can't get him below 5million
But honestly even 4.5 sounds like way too much...

Bolland will accept $4.75m a year. For 6 years.

Even if the Leafs trade to move up for Bennett or Reinhart, they'll never be allowed to subplant NUMBER ONE CENTREMAN Tyler Bozak on the top line.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, Rogers hired Bob Cole? Hell yes.

Maybe he'll be doing the Habs games.

Leafs, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver already have broadcast teams.

On that note, do we know if they're showing all 82 Habs games? I wouldn't mind dropping RDS, but I just hope I don't also have to subscribe to TVA.

zroid

Banned
Maybe he'll be doing the Habs games.

Leafs, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver already have broadcast teams.

On that note, do we know if they're showing all 82 Habs games? I wouldn't mind dropping RDS, but I just hope I don't also have to subscribe to TVA.

Well my guess would be he'd do national broadcasts along with Hughson

edit: looks like that's confirmed, haha

ShaneB

Oh, Rogers hired Bob Cole? Hell yes.

Sadly no Cuthbert

And Paul Romanuk? The feck??

Jim Hughson, Dave Randorf, Paul Romanuk and Bob Cole will call play-by-play for NHL national games across all Rogers properties, as well as Hockey Night in Canada, this coming fall. The announcement was made today as part of the 2014 Rogers Upfront.

I like it, but yeah, I'm hoping for Cuthbert too =(

I wonder if Florida would take Garrison back and our 6th overall for the top pick.

Who would Vancouver take? Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett? Seems like this draft is a bit iffy in terms of clear cut top choices, so I'm not sure if it's worth moving up.

Also Garrison wanted to come home to Vancouver (and probably left money on the table). Seems a bit unfair to ask him to waive his NTC to go back to Florida. Not saying it can't happen, but it may set off flags for other FA's looking to sign here.

Tabris

Why would you want to trade Garrison? He showed significant improvement this year, and his contract isn't that bad.

Edler is the one we need to have on the trading block. So much potential, but we have enough good defensemen / salary cap used on d-men, and he's too injury prone.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I haven't had time to keep up with everything since the Habs were eliminated, but someone told me yesterday that there was a rumour Iginla was thinking of coming to Montreal? Sounded like dumb bullshit, but has there been any validity to it?

Woah Randorf too?
He confirmed it yesterday, I'm really happy for him. He always does fantastic work for Habs games, and World Junior stuff.

Who would Vancouver take? Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett? Seems like this draft is a bit iffy in terms of clear cut top choices, so I'm not sure if it's worth moving up.

Also Garrison wanted to come home to Vancouver (and probably left money on the table). Seems a bit unfair to ask him to waive his NTC to go back to Florida. Not saying it can't happen, but it may set off flags for other FA's looking to sign here.
Reinhart or Bennett would be the obvious choices. Canucks need a highly skilled franchise centre.

Why would you want to trade Garrison? He showed significant improvement this year, and his contract isn't that bad.

Edler is the one we need to have on the trading block. So much potential, but we have enough good defensemen / salary cap used on d-men, and he's too injury prone.
Because Garrison is rumoured to have a groin problem that might continue to be recurring.

Also, Edler is hardly injury prone.

Top Bottom