• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guy Lafleur tearing Patches and Vanek a new one....

Guys like (Thomas) Vanek and (Max) Pacioretty, you can not keep that in your team. They stay home if they are not willing to pay the price. Your team will never win with players like that that fade when there is adversity

Eric Staal would be a big win for the Leafs. The cap hit is high, but he's only got 2 years left on it. Better that than getting a guy like Stastny for max term.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In a very odd and twisted turn of events, I may be able to name a new gene I discovered "gaf" in a totally legitimate way. I'll try.

Cue NEEEEEERD but it's actually a big thing, at least for me :lol

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?The+Hockey-loving+Simpsons&id=453861

simpsons-s_51675.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't had time to keep up with everything since the Habs were eliminated, but someone told me yesterday that there was a rumour Iginla was thinking of coming to Montreal? Sounded like dumb bullshit, but has there been any validity to it?

He confirmed it yesterday, I'm really happy for him. He always does fantastic work for Habs games, and World Junior stuff.

Iginla would be a nice replacement for Gionta.

Guy Lafleur tearing Patches and Vanek a new one....

He doesn't call out Desharnais? I know he's not a big forward like the other two, but can you really separate Patches and DD when placing blame?

I thought Desharnais was playing some decent hockey in the Rangers series, but he still only had 4 points in 17 games.

Roflobear

In a very odd and twisted turn of events, I may be able to name a new gene I discovered "gaf" in a totally legitimate way. I'll try.

Cue NEEEEEERD but it's actually a big thing, at least for me :lol

Haha that's awesome. Is it a human gene? Not sure how comfortable I'd be having something called gaf be a part of me

Red_Man

Well he's spot on. Vanek was the invisible man and Patches was only saved by Vanek being so awful.
I disagree, this was Patches first time getting this far, and his first real playoff experience. He also was putting in effort unlike Vanek, even if it wasn't bearing results.

Solo

I disagree, this was Patches first time getting this far, and his first real playoff experience. He also was putting in effort unlike Vanek, even if it wasn't bearing results.

I didn't see much out of either guy. DD was the only one I felt was really working despite having the least points.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Is there like a site/story on how the TV coverage is gonna work next year? IIRC cbc(well HNIC) is done and all the games will be on sportsnets or tsn correct?

cube444

Lol 5M for a 3rd line center when your already paying 5.2M for another 3rd liner who played like a 4th liner last season.

And you just signed your captain to a giant ass contract and hes already on the block lol.

And not to mention the rumors of young talent like Kadri and Gardiner on the trade block for some reason.

Nonis is already proving to be one of the worst GMs in the league and its not even Year 2 yet.

He should have been fired along with Carlyle.

Samyy

He should have been fired along with Carlyle.

Yep....I don't care about making the players accountable and all that BS. These people are just infuriatingly incompetent.

In other news, Frazer McLaren has the lone goal giving the Marlies a 1 goal lead after 1 period of play during game 7.....yep.

Oh also someone needs to teach Steve Simmons what an RFA is.

HOLLAND!!!!

Red_Man

I didn't see much out of either guy. DD was the only one I felt was really working despite having the least points.
Patches was battling, their effort levels aren't remotely comparable. You can't discount the lack of playoff experience he had either. You could see how much difference there was in the team from last years playoffs to this years, I think he'll be much better next year.

Mentok

Banned
He doesn't call out Desharnais? I know he's not a big forward like the other two, but can you really separate Patches and DD when placing blame?

I thought Desharnais was playing some decent hockey in the Rangers series, but he still only had 4 points in 17 games.

My thoughts exactly. Somehow he was kept with Patches throughout the whole playoff run.

Cake Boss

Banned
Apprently we arent resigning Hemsky cuz were pooor.

Tank watch 2015 already begins.

McDavid
Turris
Zibenejad
Pageau

HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

Red_Man

My thoughts exactly. Somehow he was kept with Patches throughout the whole playoff run.
You have to think one of Plekanec / DD is gone this off season to make way for A.Gally. I've always thought that Plekanec never had good wingers, but I'm starting to believe he's just a difficult center to play with.

ShaneB

What the heck, it's the Ice Caps going to the AHL Finals? Awesome!

Man that is one long trek if it's Texas vs St John's.

Lol Marlies.

And Lol poor Sens

Couldn't pay for Alfie, can't pay for Hemsky. At least you have Babby
until he doesn't resign and becomes a UFA

Oh, and I guess Linden said he is not going to trade Edler or ask him to waive his no trade clause.... So he isn't going anywhere. Alright Holland, time to go after the German!

Carlyle being kept on was one thing.

Nonis being kept on another.

If Shanahan lets the org 'settle' with Bolland for anything more than 2m, fuck this ridiculous team.

Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if we traded it back to him.

Disappoint me for sure though. Then again 2010s and 2012s draft proved we don't need the right spot to get the right talent.

Acid08

Banned
Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if we traded it back to him.

Disappoint me for sure though. Then again 2010s and 2012s draft proved we don't need the right spot to get the right talent.
This draft kind of blows though. Hopefully there some later round magic. We could use another Pavelski in the seventh round.

Tabris

Reinhart or Bennett would be the obvious choices. Canucks need a highly skilled franchise centre.

Because Garrison is rumoured to have a groin problem that might continue to be recurring.

Also, Edler is hardly injury prone.

Edler has a back issue that requires surgery to fix permanently and he is just dealing with it now.

I didn't know about a recurring groin problem. Usually those are the things that can be addressed in the off-season.

Top Bottom