• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

zroid

Banned
Brown's 128 is the most by anyone since the 2006-07 season, where there were four who scored more points.

Patrick Kane (145), John Tavares (134), Sergei Kostitsyn (131), Tyler Donati (129)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Brown's 128 is the most by anyone since the 2006-07 season, where there were four who scored more points.

Patrick Kane (145), John Tavares (134), Sergei Kostitsyn (131), Tyler Donati (129)
I wonder what the Kositsyn brothers are doing nowadays.

zroid

Banned
Marlies doing their best Leafs impression

uaPhiHy.png

Fei

Grigorenko with 4 assists in 3 games in the AHL so far, and plenty of comments around how much better his game looks. I want to believe.

I'm curious to see how this latest loss is spun by the Carlyle Defence Force.

Reimer? He wasn't amazing, but you take away that screened PP goal against, and he put up a .925. And that 4th goal he had no chance on.

Kadri scored what was at the time the go ahead goal.

Gardiner/Phaneuf? Both were ok, but Dion didn't have a very good game.

BLAME DION

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious to see how this latest loss is spun by the Carlyle Defence Force.

Reimer? He wasn't amazing, but you take away that screened PP goal against, and he put up a .925. And that 4th goal he had no chance on.

Kadri scored what was at the time the go ahead goal.

Gardiner/Phaneuf? Both were ok, but Dion didn't have a very good game.

BLAME DION

It was Reimer's fault. It's ALWAYS Reimer's fault. Even when he doesn't play.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
CAN WE START THE TANK ALREADY?! >: (

Reporter: "How do you explain that flatness in the game where you're desperate to win a hockey game"
Carlyle: "Ah...I wish I had the answer"

GO FUCKING FUCK YOURSELF, FUCKING CARLYLE! NO FUCKING ANSWERS! GET RID OF THE MOTHERFUCKING BUM1 ASDFLASDL;FJASD;LFJQSERQ23rFDASN;FAN~!!@!!@w

It was Reimer's fault. It's ALWAYS Reimer's fault. Even when he doesn't play.

Or his wife's.

CAN WE START THE TANK ALREADY?! >: (

Reporter: "How do you explain that flatness in the game where you're desperate to win a hockey game"
Carlyle: "Ah...I wish I had the answer"

GO FUCKING FUCK YOURSELF, FUCKING CARLYLE! NO FUCKING ANSWERS! GET RID OF THE MOTHERFUCKING BUM1 ASDFLASDL;FJASD;LFJQSERQ23rFDASN;FAN~!!@!!@w

Leafs had 28% of possession tonight.

It's tiring to chase the puck like that in one game - but across 79???

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Or his wife's.

Leafs had 28% of possession tonight.

It's tiring to chase the puck like that in one game - but across 79???
Bubububut force shots to the outside and at bad angles...!

I think this style worked when the other teams didn't know what to expect. With a year of review, they pretty much got the book on this and tore us apart.

Nice to know there are teams out there who can adjust.

The shitty thing is, because this is Toronto, you can't just get any coach. You need one with a. Thick skin who is able to tune the media out, adjust his style, develop youth, out coach the other coach, and TEACH the game.

All I hear out of Carlyle is they have to work harder. Sure, they seem flat, but it doesn't help with that shitfuck of a system you employ that has them pull back and let Dmen take point shots!!!!

Momentum is a real goddamn thing, and players get into a groove if they know they can set up in the offensive zone and take decent to poor shots with impunity.

zroid

Banned
I think this style worked when the other teams didn't know what to expect. With a year of review, they pretty much got the book on this and tore us apart.

I also think, since the Olympic break in particular, most opponents have been working a lot harder and more tactically to shut down our top line.

Whereas we're just sitting back, doing the same ol' shit day-in, day-out, everyone else is actually playing to win -- the Eastern Conference in particular. It's not that surprising we have the same number of wins against the West as the East since the break (3 each), despite only facing 5 teams from the West.

Red_Man

I also think, since the Olympic break in particular, most opponents have been working a lot harder and more tactically to shut down our top line
I listen to McGuire twice a week on TSN Montreal, and he's said multiple times he thinks something happened with the team during the Olympic break

zroid

Banned
I listen to McGuire twice a week on TSN Montreal, and he's said multiple times he thinks something happened with the team during the Olympic break

According to Carlyle anyway, he was specifically trying to improve the defence. A greater condemnation of his defensive system I cannot imagine.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
According to wikipedia....

"Leiweke is married to his wife, Bernadette. They have one daughter, Francesca, who is married to Troy Bodie, a professional hockey player in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization."

Hmm....

But what? Falling out with the players? Locker room strife?

I think it's just Carlyle. His general approach and systems have been shit since Pronger left Anaheim.

Red_Man

He didn't say what he thought it was specifically, just a feeling he had from being around so many other teams. He feels like their play dropped off so much that something must have went down. Just some of Pierre's musings I'm putting out there.

I could see it. Carlyle's ignorant asshole schtick was probably hard enough to deal with during the preseason training camp, so having a midseason training camp was probably too much for some guys to bear.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
But what? Falling out with the players? Locker room strife?

I think it's just Carlyle. His general approach and systems have been shit since Pronger left Anaheim.

I really wish the bububububut the players! detractors took a good long hard look at how Anaheim played and their possession numbers and how they got better, but we mysteriously had WORSE numbers when Carlyle took over.

Spl1nter

I could see it. Carlyle's ignorant asshole schtick was probably hard enough to deal with during the preseason training camp, so having a midseason training camp was probably too much for some guys to bear.

haha, now im sad. We get rid of scoring depth in the summer because of Carlyle and than have a middling season. Leiweke needs to come and clean this up.

Yeah, 7gb download if that's a concern at all. But very much worth it. Really enjoyable game with a lot of replayability. Find myself going through each kill multiple times just to do challenges.

(Sorry, thought this was the other NHL thread.

I've just broken the 9 pages of Leafs talk combo.)

Red_Man

The shitty Weber?

I want Muller as an assistant in Montreal again!
2d8f9f4abd9d11e38b8d12c5707c1aa0_8.jpg

She could do better.

Also, I'll be sad if Mueller is involved with the Leafs in anyway. Bring him back to help get our PP going again.

Top Bottom