• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looks like Weber finally scored on a Price.
1291.gif

ZeroGravity

Was that really his fault though? The kid went awkwardly into the boards, but wasn't pushed all that hard, and it's barely a penalty.
I guess I don't mind leagues over-suspending someone instead of under-suspending them. If they think it's worthy of a suspension, then actually make the penalty worth something. The NHL needs to start doing more of the same.

Was that really his fault though? The kid went awkwardly into the boards, but wasn't pushed all that hard, and it's barely a penalty.

Yes, it was. It was an unnecessary push and looked like the kid didn't have much balance anyhow. It's was dangerous, stupid, and unnecessary. You can argue whether it deserves 15 games but it was his fault and he was the sole reason the other kid got injured.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I don't mind leagues over-suspending someone instead of under-suspending them. If they think it's worthy of a suspension, then actually make the penalty worth something. The NHL needs to start doing more of the same.

Yes, it was. It was an unnecessary push and looked like the kid didn't have much balance anyhow. It's was dangerous, stupid, and unnecessary. You can argue whether it deserves 15 games but it was his fault and he was the sole reason the other kid got injured.

I just see this as another example of suspending the injury and not the intent, but I guess I shouldn't be complaining about a suspension being too long, especially if a kid was seriously injured.

I thought they were far enough away from the boards when the initial contact started, but I guess it didn't matter here.

Spl1nter

Its just that on that play I see the push being more incidental. I think Ho-Sang is going for the puck and closed in so close to the other player that the push is more to move off him and not for throwing a hit. I still think it warrants a serious suspension but when compared to the most recent suspension which was a deliberate act in the Stolarz swing I dont think it deserves a significantly harsher punishment. Ten games just seems like a more reasonable amount and in this situation if there is no injury the suspension is significantly less.
There is too much emphasis placed on injury for suspensions when in most cases injury is the result of chance and not the act as the act occurs much more than the injury. I am all for the CHL giving out very heft suspensions. They have been progressing well in ensuring player safety which should be the most important issue when dealing with teenagers.

Final CSS ranking is out, just shows how muddy the top 3 are:

Final Rank (Previous Rank)

1) Sam Bennett (1)
2) Aaron Ekblad (3)
3) Sam Reinhart (4)
4) Leon Draisaitl (2)
5) Michael Dal Colle (5)

#TeamEkblad

Spl1nter

OHL VP Ted Baker says if there'd been no injury to London #Knights Zach Bell, there'd be no suspension for Windsor #Spitfires Josh Ho-Sang.

That is just wrong.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Final CSS ranking is out, just shows how muddy the top 3 are:

Final Rank (Previous Rank)

1) Sam Bennett (1)
2) Aaron Ekblad (3)
3) Sam Reinhart (4)
4) Leon Draisaitl (2)
5) Michael Dal Colle (5)

#TeamEkblad
Huh scouts had Reinhart ahead of Bennett. Wonder what happened?

Please tank tonight, Leafs... :'(

CLARKSON ON THE FIRST LINE!

Merguson

Banned
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
Carlyle said they'd like to see Ashton higher in the lineup with more skilled players (Kadri). Has played most of his NHL games on 4th line.

Oh. You decide that just now. Goddamn it.

Is this supposed to be Randy showing that he's willing to change? lol, thanks guy.

McKenzie opined yesterday that Nonis' decision on Carlyle is his one and only get-out-of-jail card, even if he decides not to make a change. Which is why I think he fires Carlyle sometime between now and June. No way he keeps Carlyle when someone like de Boer, or maybe even Bylsma, becomes available.

I just saw the callahan picture

:(

What pic is this?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Hello friends.

Now that the Sens have been eliminated, I think our off-season has unofficially started :(

yyzjohn

Banned
We can't afford $4m for a third line winger, either.

Kulemin is sort of a 2-3 type of guy. He can play 2nd line at times when he's on his game but is better suited for a 3rd line role. He was making just shy of $3M this year, so maybe he signs for $3.5

Edit: he'll probably sign in Pittsburgh, him and Malkin are good buddies and played together in the KHL.

yyzjohn

Banned
It was a bad "Kulemin and Bolland are UFAs, nobody is going to tr-- ew, nobody wants Clarkson" joke.

I hate Clarkson and what he was this year, but I'll wait to see if a new coach/new system gets him some more playing time/PP time and actually gets something out of him next year. Pretty much everything about Carlyle's coaching and tactics makes no sense.

yyzjohn

Banned
Who do Leafs fans want as next coach? Short list? I have no idea who they should hire. I wouldn't mind a total trap system type of coach, keep the scores down, Kessel only scores 28 but Leafs win a lot more games.

Top Bottom