• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Worst day of my life finally over, believe it or not but my brother's car accident was only the first of some other shitty stuff that happened but I don't want to bum you guys out anymore so I'll share the good news since I kind of left you hanging.

He doesn't have any brain damage, and he has feeling in his legs mostly which is a really good sign.

Thanks again everyone, good night, sorry for killing anyone's mood.

Acid08

Banned
Worst day of my life finally over, believe it or not but my brother's car accident was only the first of some other shitty stuff that happened but I don't want to bum you guys out anymore so I'll share the good news since I kind of left you hanging.

He doesn't have any brain damage, and he has feeling in his legs mostly which is a really good sign.

Good to hear a more positive prognosis man, hope everything gets better.

Good to hear he's doing alright.

Quick

Banned

You're good people, Lamaroo.

I missed out on your initial post on the accident, but I'm glad that there's positive news for you and your family.

kingslunk

Glad to hear the news is leaning more to the positive side of things!

I hope everything gets better for you.

Good to hear positive news Lamaroo.

Uncharted 4!!! Other than that conference was pretty meh (funny enough they had more non game/TV stuff than MS). Still think the Master Chief collection is the best news out of everything today even though it was leaked, seriously, that is how you make a remastered collection right there.

No Man's Sky looks good but I want some more details on it and going by the wording during the conference, it will probably come to PS4 and then Xbox One a few months later or so.

All in all I feel alright about games after today. More things that look interesting to me than I expected there to be. Now hopefully Nintendo has something to bring tomorrow.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah the halo collection really sets a high fucking bar for future remakes/collections

It was kind of unnerving that this E3 is summed up as:
ports
sequels
remakes

Both sony and MS are pushing third party shit too hard.

RC

Banned
I doubt there has been a legimate megaton since the word was first phrased.

Got to see some MK X gameplay, that's all I asked for, and No Man's Sky looked legitimately next-genish.

Quick

Banned
No Man's Sky.

Give it to me now.

original.gif

Sony had more games I want to play, but Microsoft did things right by cutting the Annual Stock Holders Meeting bullshit.

Altogether I care less about gaming than I did the year before so that's consistent at least.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Fuck, sorry to hear that. Hope he has swift recovery.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just watched the No Man's Sky trailer.

Damn that looks sweet. It kind of reminds me of Spore, which is why I'm holding back my hype a bit. First you gotta fill all that universe with enough variation and make it exciting.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is the Phantom Dust reveal a remake or a sequel? I'm hyped for it regardless, I don't know anyone else who played that game. The Division looks awesome as well, as long as they can keep the strategic / RPG type elements in tact and not have people running around blasting people.

I'm most excited for the Master Chief collection and I already played all of those games. Witcher 3 would be next on anticipation, the gameplay demo was nothing mind blowing, but looked good and I more or less know what to expect from that too. Destiny is more underwhelming every time I see it, No Man's Sky seems to have elements that Destiny should have. Assassins Creed and Far Cry 4 looked nice, nothing revolutionary in terms of gameplay there though, but I'll still buy them. I'm also a huge Fable fan and I did not like that demo at all, kind of mad it seems that series will be dead, they come out with all these games that aren't true to the core gameplay and when people don't buy them they are just going to chalk it up to people being uninterested in the franchise instead of the real problems.

I'm most excited for the Master Chief collection and I already played all of those games. Witcher 3 would be next on anticipation, the gameplay demo was nothing mind blowing, but looked good and I more or less know what to expect from that too. Destiny is more underwhelming every time I see it, No Man's Sky seems to have elements that Destiny should have. Assassins Creed and Far Cry 4 looked nice, nothing revolutionary in terms of gameplay there though, but I'll still buy them. I'm also a huge Fable fan and I did not like that demo at all, kind of mad it seems that series will be dead, they come out with all these games that aren't true to the core gameplay and when people don't buy them they are just going to chalk it up to people being uninterested in the franchise instead of the real problems.

I'm part of the problem because that was the most interesting Fable has looked to me in a long time. If they take the Dungeon Master thing far enough I will enjoy it.

yyzjohn

Banned

Stay positive man, hope things work out for the best.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
NHL GAF is the best GAF <3

Catching up on the announcements, where are all the megatons?

It seems like my $279.99 Xbone order is going through!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I posted it in here yesterday morning. There was a glitch an Amazon's website that allowed you to get 30% off an xbone when you pre-ordered at least two games. They fixed it shortly after, but seem to be honouring those who managed to order one.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I posted it in here yesterday morning. There was a glitch an Amazon's website that allowed you to get 30% off an xbone when you pre-ordered at least two games. They fixed it shortly after, but seem to be honouring those who managed to order one.
Oh damn, nice. I'm surprised they're honouring it.

Samyy

I tried soon after you posted it but it didn't work lol, ohwell.
Wasn't planning on buying one until it was 199.99 - 249.99ish so that would have been nice....

Reporting for duty guys

Yeah, the Rangers fell apart... at least the season is almost over finally!! :D

Sony had more games I want to play, but Microsoft did things right by cutting the Annual Stock Holders Meeting bullshit.

Altogether I care less about gaming than I did the year before so that's consistent at least.

Opposite for me, though when I finally pick up a PS4 the games I would get from the Sony's conference today would be Uncharted and possibly the Order. Really no need for me to go back through the Last of Us and nothing else caught my eye that I can think of that is PS4 exclusive.

Grim Fandango remake is best remake. How many fucking Halo games does the world need?

When they are all bundled like that, with co-op/full MP for every game with seamless play between all 4... nothing tops that. Went back through and played some 4 player co-op with some friends on Halo 3 yesterday, so much fun.

Samyy

Opposite for me, though when I finally pick up a PS4 the games I would get from the Sony's conference today would be Uncharted and possibly the Order. Really no need for me to go back through the Last of Us and nothing else caught my eye that I can think of that is PS4 exclusive.

What
Bloodborne is going to be GOTG though

Samyy

That trailer didn't do anything for me tbh. Maybe it's because I haven't played enough games to appreciate it.

Dark Souls is free on Xbox 360 right now if you haven't!!
Its not so much the trailer for me its just who is making it and what it is trying to do.

What
Bloodborne is going to be GOTG though

Never played a Dark Souls game and I doubt I will in the near future, so I just have no interest in Bloodborne. Might be different if I had played those games.

And yes I know it's free right now but I have a whole back log of other games I'm trying to get through at the moment. With that said... I would get a PS4 for Uncharted alone (as long as it is a cheaper PS4).

Also, Crackdown 3 with destruction? Right there is your GOTG. The orbs in that game put the Crack in Crackdown.

Heretic

Is Bloodborne a sequel to the Souls series? I remember playing the first one a couple of years back at E3 in the Atlus booth. Game didn't show well in a convention environment.

New Star Fox!!!!! :D

Looks like it might be a small eshop game though :(

Wooooooo---

Oh... Well, we'll see how it is.

Cactus

Banned
Bloodborne is pretty much the only new game that I'm interested in. I'm guessing
praying
that there will be a few more after Nintendo's digital event.

Top Bottom