• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Yawnier

Banned
Where is all this Strome is getting picked by the Yotes stuff coming from? Been noticing a lot of people saying that lately.

Yotes fans (all 5 of them) seem pretty high on Stromer, but they (the fans) aren't the ones who are making the pick

Samyy

Where is all this Strome is getting picked by the Yotes stuff coming from? Been noticing a lot of people saying that lately.

Yotes fans (all 5 of them) seem pretty high on Stromer, but they (the fans) aren't the ones who are making the pick

Who knows how much you can rely on it but all the Coyotes fans on HF accept the words of this one "insider" who has apparently been calling Coyotes moves for a long time, I'm guessing stuff like draft, re-signings and stuff like that.

He said that the Coyotes are 100% taking Strome.

Who knows!

Yawnier

Banned
Leafs just re-signed Future #2C Sam Carrick to a one-year contract.

Looks like they're turning their attention to the RFAs now

Who knows how much you can rely on it but all the Coyotes fans on HF accept the words of this one "insider" who has apparently been calling Coyotes moves for a long time, I'm guessing stuff like draft, re-signings and stuff like that.

Who knows!

Oh shiz, I forgot all about that from a few weeks ago and IIRC it was a radio host that said it? I guess we'll see.

Samyy

Looks like they're turning their attention to the RFAs now

Oh shiz, I forgot all about that from a few weeks ago and IIRC it was a radio host that said it? I guess we'll see.

Not sure who it was, just saw a mention of it in a prospect thread.
I expect they'll take Strome anyway because you need big centres in the west.
Kinda unfortunate though, Strome has been promoting how big of a leafs fan he is for a while now.

Who knows!

I could see them taking Strome just because they already have a couple 'under-sized' forwards in their prospect pool in Dvorak and Domi. Adding a skilled. 2-way C with size is what I would want/expect the Leafs to do in their situation.

Socreges

Banned
Franson playing the market right, says Vancouver an 'intriguing' choice. Go away Franson

I'm actually pretty hyped up to see the Leafs' first pick selection.

You'd have Shanahan on stage with Dubas and Hunter, and probably Babcock too.

It'll be like The Avengers at Comic Con the first time.
Awesome. Leafs fans haven't had true cult worshipping regardless of results since Burke. :')

Samyy

Franson playing the market right, says Vancouver an 'intriguing' choice. Go away Franson

Awesome. Leafs fans haven't had true cult worshipping regardless of results since Burke. :')

Well..
- Replacing Carlyle with Babcock
- Willing to accept new ideas re: analytics
- Cleaned house on old scouting and development staff

Is a decent start

At least, you get the impression they aren't a management group that would give a guy like Lucas Sbisa a 3.6mil 3-year contract extension.

zroid

Banned
At least, you get the impression they aren't a management group that would give a guy like Lucas Sbisa a 3.6mil 3-year contract extension.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Robidas :(

...yes I know that was the old guard + Shanahan but still :(

Socreges

Banned
Well..
- Replacing Carlyle with Babcock
- Willing to accept new ideas re: analytics
- Cleaned house on old scouting and development staff

Is a decent start

Easy, son. Take my joke in context. I'm talking about the fans, not the organization

I wish the Canucks org was as committed to sucking as the Leafs. I really do

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This Virtanen kid is good at counter-hitting

BOOM 1

AltruisticEnragedHomalocephale.gif

BOOM 2

https://cdn2.streamable.com/video/504b3580027a11e5ad1e7364c963a74e.webm

yyzjohn

Banned
I could see them taking Strome just because they already have a couple 'under-sized' forwards in their prospect pool in Dvorak and Domi. Adding a skilled. 2-way C with size is what I would want/expect the Leafs to do in their situation.

Yeah I think Leafs choice is between Marner and Hanifin as Yotes will most likely take Strome. Either one is probably a great selection.

@reporterchris: Andrei Kostitsyn wants to return to the NHL after four years in Russia. Believed to be some preliminary talks ongoing for a one-year deal.

Watch out Habs-GAF.

Drug dealers in Montreal celebrating I am sure.

Samyy

I really hope we trade Hamhuis. Keep Bieksa to go down with the ship and tutor the young guys, but get a good return for Hamhuis.

My concern is your ownership, impression I get from them is that they are not down with losing, so can't see them going into intentional "be bad/rebuild" mode, which the Canucks will need soon.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I really hope we trade Hamhuis. Keep Bieksa to go down with the ship and tutor the young guys, but get a good return for Hamhuis.

The fuck

Trade Bieksa for anything, Hamhuis would need to get a REAL good return for me to be happy with him gone and I don't see that happening. Bieksa isn't worth his money and had a baaaad season

Trade Burrows too

Samyy

Wait, why does a team still get a draft pick after firing someone?

Because coaches and GMs and other such staff are employed on a contract basis. This means that essentially, when it says fired, it really means "relieved of duties". They are still under contract, and could be technically brought back to work, or on duty.

Its still incredibly dumb but I believe that is their reasoning, I mean it never happens so its really dumb.

Socreges

Banned
My concern is your ownership, impression I get from them is that they are not down with losing, so can't see them going into intentional "be bad/rebuild" mode, which the Canucks will need soon.
Believe me, I know this. I complain about it quite often. They don't have bottomless pockets or a local pop of 6 million so they're (overly) concerned about remaining competitive and retaining seasons ticket holders.

The fuck

Trade Bieksa for anything, Hamhuis would need to get a REAL good return for me to be happy with him gone and I don't see that happening. Bieksa isn't worth his money and had a baaaad season

Trade Burrows too
This team is years out of being a possible contender, wouldn't you agree? So why would you keep the players who are old and have actual value? Milquetoast for Matthews.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Because coaches and GMs and other such staff are employed on a contract basis. This means that essentially, when it says fired, it really means "relieved of duties". They are still under contract, and could be technically brought back to work, or on duty.

Its still incredibly dumb but I believe that is their reasoning, I mean it never happens so its really dumb.

Toronto's new strategy, hire every available coach for 10 years and fire them.

RC

Banned
Our fickle fanbase won't support an intentional tank. Even though it's in the best interest for this team moving forward.
We're doomed to 9th and 10th place finishes for the foreseeable future.

Pikma

Banned
I read an article today that contemplated the possibility of trading our first round pick to the Penguins because reasons...

Holy shit do these people really mean it? Fucking garbage

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dylan Larkin already has two goals tonight.

Perhaps Blashill will actually give a young guy a fair shot to make the team next year.

Top Bottom