• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Believe me, I know this. I complain about it quite often. They don't have bottomless pockets or a local pop of 6 million so they're (overly) concerned about remaining competitive and retaining seasons ticket holders.

This team is years out of being a possible contender, wouldn't you agree? So why would you keep the players who are old and have actual value? Milquetoast for Matthews.

I rather have Hamhuis as a mentor for our youth than Bieksa. But yeah if the return is great for Hamhuis, then maybe.

Merguson

Banned
Dylan Larkin already has two goals tonight.

Perhaps Blashill will actually give a young guy a fair shot to make the team next year.

Dan Cleary to be given more important role on team now that Holland has more power over his head coach.

You heard it here first.

zroid

Banned
r4Q6YHj.png

weird

zroid

Banned
Maybe the coaches through video analysis determined that the Rimouski and Kelowna goalies have a lower Sv% on high glove shots taken far side.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dan Cleary to be given more important role on team now that Holland has more power over his head coach.

You heard it here first.

The Wings beat writer threw Babcock under the bus when he left, saying he was the reason Cleary and Weiss were on the team. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Merguson

Banned
The Wings beat writer threw Babcock under the bus when he left, saying he was the reason Cleary and Weiss were on the team. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't know about Cleary but I thought Babcock didn't like Weiss? I kept seeing posts about how the Red Wings can't send Weiss to the Leafs in any Phaneuf deal because Babcock hates him etc.

Or is this some sort of rationalization for disappointment regarding Weiss?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't know about Cleary but I thought Babcock didn't like Weiss? I kept seeing posts about how the Red Wings can't send Weiss to the Leafs in any Phaneuf deal because Babcock hates him etc.

To counter this:

I've heard the opposite that Weiss came to the Wings because Babcock wanted him.

Pikma

Banned
It's incredible how stupid people can be:

I expect Splatoon to fail miserably. As a concept, it's just flawed. Plain and simple. Children do not want to play first person shooters. It's been proven time and time again. The only way Nintendo can keep from going the way of SEGA is to produce games their primary audience wants to play. In my opinion, Nintendo made a huge mistake by letting Minecraft fall into the hands of Microsoft. Nintendo shouldn't make the same mistake twice. They should buy the Five Nights at Freddy's IP right now while they have the chance.

I mean, I could accept the first sentence, that's cool but the rest of it... ugh

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Babcock didn't like him after he realized he was damaged goods. He saw he sucked and started benching him. The beat writer was quite clear that Babcock was the one who singled out Weiss in free agency.

zroid

Banned
It's incredible how stupid people can be:
I expect Splatoon to fail miserably. As a concept, it's just flawed. Plain and simple. Children do not want to play first person shooters. It's been proven time and time again. The only way Nintendo can keep from going the way of SEGA is to produce games their primary audience wants to play. In my opinion, Nintendo made a huge mistake by letting Minecraft fall into the hands of Microsoft. Nintendo shouldn't make the same mistake twice. They should buy the Five Nights at Freddy's IP right now while they have the chance.

I mean, I could accept the first sentence, that's cool but the rest of it... ugh

I lean toward thinking it's a bad attempt at satire, but admittedly it's hard to tell...

Also here are two of this guy's other recent posts :lol

I don't believe that anyone anywhere enjoyed Too Human. As a concept, it was flawed.

JRPGS, as a concept, are flawed.

Merguson

Banned
Babcock didn't like him after he realized he was damaged goods. He saw he sucked and started benching him. The beat writer was quite clear that Babcock was the one who singled out Weiss in free agency.

So Babcock probably should stay out of player personnel decisions.

Larkin is good.... and as the once great Babs who is no longer great would say because he is a part of Toronto, he's real gud.

I also believe Witcher 3 has consumed me, there's sooooooo much to do!

Cake Boss

Banned
After signing Hammond to the extension, the talk is Murray has been fielding calls on Craig Anderson and Robin Lehner with significant interest in both. "Five or six teams have called and there has been some discussion and there will continue to be. We'll see what comes of it," Murray said. It's believed the Edmonton Oilers, Buffalo Sabres and San Jose Sharks are among the teams looking for goalies. The 23-year-old Lehner is the most attractive option for several teams because he's got upside potential while Anderson could help a team that wants to contend immediately.

Oh boy...can't wait to send another goalie to the Stanley cup finals.

They will focus on getting a top six forward, which Murray stated was an objective at the end of the season. "We've got some things we'd like to do between now and the draft or July 1 if we could. There's no doubt we'd like to add one piece to our team and that means you have to move something to make that happen. We're going to try to really hard do that," said Murray.

Urghhhhhhhhhh

I hate this fucking manager so much.

This is the first year I've paid full attention to the Memorial Cup, which I feel bad about because it's great hockey.

How exactly do things work?

I assume it's like this:

Round Robin: Every team plays eachother. Three games each, in total.

Playoffs: Top team advances directly to final, second place team advances directly to semifinal and the others duke it out in the quarter final.

Obligatory: Go Gens Go!

ShaneB

This is the first year I've paid full attention to the Memorial Cup, which I feel bad about because it's great hockey.

How exactly do things work?

I assume it's like this:

Round Robin: Every team plays eachother. Three games each, in total.

Playoffs: Top team advances directly to final, second place team advances directly to semifinal and the others duke it out in the quarter final.

Obligatory: Go Gens Go!

No quarter final. One team gets the bye to the final, 2 teams in semi, and the other team goes home.

Top Bottom