• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You have legs.

Some jerkass grabbed the last amiibo 3-pack 2 seconds before I could get to it. >:{

My Best Buy had like 8 of them at opening.

Splatoon is amazing, by the way.

Quick

Banned
I got really into The Witcher 3 last night. I see an area that I figure I could explore quickly, I end up finding quests and other things to do.

The potions/abilities upgrades feel really overwhelming to me, and Gwent is a bit confusing. I won one round during the tutorial. :lol

I got some serious texture pop-ins happening after some time, to the point where it rendered every character in a cutscene to just blobs of solid colours for a good 5-6 seconds. I figured they'll come up with another patch at some point to fix that.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah I am not feeling the skills tree or whatever its called, I keep getting abilities points from the places of power I find and I used them to unlock new skills until I realised I haven't levelled high enough to actually apply those skills into the empty slots, so now I am only upgrading existing skills which is kinda boring.

Also the horse controls, physics and animations is fucking terrible, I was hoping for something like Read Dead, it seems like its a generation behind that game in terms of that aspect.

Quick

Banned
The controls and mechanics actually seem like it's straight out of RDR. It's the matter of mounting and dismounting that I instinctively hit triangle (PS4).

Samyy

So once you craft a bomb or potion once you just need to meditate to refill it?

Yes - as long as you have some type of alcohol in your inventory it seems to refill.

After a few hours the controls feel good, game is fantastic. So much actually good stuff to do and explore, side quests aren't boring filler crap. Haven't touched the story in a while since I'm doing contracts and side quests.

Marvie_3

Banned
My Best Buy had like 8 of them at opening.

Splatoon is amazing, by the way.
That's where I finally got mine.

Splatoon is indeed awesome except when you bailed after the 2nd match I was in with you. :p

I just wish I could use the damn Pro Controller. :(

You should have kicked that 10 yo's ass.

Who says he didn't

:lol

The dude that grabbed it was like 6000lbs. No way I was going to risk being crushed to death for a couple amiibos.

Unless it was Ness. :( :(

calder

Nothing makes me feel old like reading you kids talking about buying Nintendo toys and playing animal harvest64 on your Gameboys and shit.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nothing makes me feel old like reading you kids talking about buying Nintendo toys and playing animal harvest64 on your Gameboys and shit.

oldmantalking.jpg

Hey everybody! An old man is talking!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I can't keep track of all the women that TSN seems to rotate in and out of SportsCentre. Seems like a revolving door whenever I tune in. Trying to see what this InsideTheCFL thing is supposed to mean, if it's a regular show with Kate and Kate, my goodness.I mean I see the broadcast deal news, but gimme more info!

read back on your work update as well Quick, hope things are ok.

Shane your's is a thirst that cannot be quenched. :p

But yeah echoing what someone said before I really like Kate Beirness and Natasha Stanisevski or however her name is spelt. They are pretty solid together and bring just enough humour that I enjoy. I'm pretty sure they're the main team in TSN now.

But yeah TSN seems to have hired a lot of blondes to run the desk: Laura Diakun, Kara Wagland, Tessa Bonhomme and Sara Orlesky is still floating around somewhere.

Pikma

Banned
Yeah I am not feeling the skills tree or whatever its called, I keep getting abilities points from the places of power I find and I used them to unlock new skills until I realised I haven't levelled high enough to actually apply those skills into the empty slots, so now I am only upgrading existing skills which is kinda boring.

Also the horse controls, physics and animations is fucking terrible, I was hoping for something like Read Dead, it seems like its a generation behind that game in terms of that aspect.
Agreed, I'm way deep into it, level 17 and have only unlocked half of the slots and I haven't even been able to unlock the second tier of all the four abilities.

And as if that weren't enough lots of the second tier abilities and beyond either suck ass or are glitched and don't work at all

zroid

Banned
Shane your's is a thirst that cannot be quenched. :p

But yeah echoing what someone said before I really like Kate Beirness and Natasha Stanisevski or however her name is spelt. They are pretty solid together and bring just enough humour that I enjoy. I'm pretty sure they're the main team in TSN now.

But yeah TSN seems to have hired a lot of blondes to run the desk: Laura Diakun, Kara Wagland, Tessa Bonhomme and Sara Orlesky is still floating around somewhere.

Even if there's obvious bias in TSN's hiring protocols, at least they hire actual smart ladies who are good at their jobs. Unlike, er, certain networks south of the border.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Even if there's obvious bias in TSN's hiring protocols, at least they hire actual smart ladies who are good at their jobs. Unlike, er, certain networks south of the border.

Oh definitely.

Personally my fave of the last couple years from hires is Nabil Karim and Gurdeep Ahluwahlia. I see big things in their futures.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That's where I finally got mine.

Splatoon is indeed awesome except when you bailed after the 2nd match I was in with you. :p

I just wish I could use the damn Pro Controller. :(

I had to go and buy some of the new weapons. The Splattershot Jr. wasn't cutting it.

zroid

Banned
Button has always been really down on Hanifin. lol

every scout / rankings dude needs to have his one oddball ranking :p

Samyy

Gauthier clone Nicholas Roy seems to have fallen out of everyone's top 30-60 which is a good sign.

Boy Jordan Greenway took a spill too

Top Bottom