• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Yawnier

Banned
Gauthier clone Nicholas Roy seems to have fallen out of everyone's top 30-60 which is a good sign.

Boy Jordan Greenway took a spill too

Hard to believe that Nicolas Roy Bust was the #1 ov. pick in the Q draft two years ago. He cried his way out of playing with Cape Breton who drafted him so he got traded. Not really a fan of him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hard to believe that Nicolas Roy Bust was the #1 ov. pick in the Q draft two years ago. He cried his way out of playing with Cape Breton who drafted him so he got traded. Not really a fan of him.

I remember seeing him live.

He's more of a hothead than his dad, AND THAT MEANS QUITE A BIT.

I remember seeing him live.

He's more of a hothead than his dad, AND THAT MEANS QUITE A BIT.

WXpZm.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Button is and has always been a clown. I have no idea how he still does professional scouting reports, didn't he say Fucale was the best goalie prospect he's ever seen?

He's more of an analytics guy, and tends to value pure talent over other less important traits (physicality, etc). I find most other scouts tend to be too old school.

He did a retrospective on his rankings where he assumed a hypothetical team had the 16th, 46th, etc picks and literally used just his rankings. The results were decent:
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/puck/unfiltered/?p=364

Kucherov, Beaulieu, Marchenko, Teravainen as NHLers already, and Shinkaruk and Buchnevich as prospects. Not bad for three years of drafting with middling picks.
I don't think he's a bad scout, it just irks me how a lot of people treat his rankings like the holy grail of scouting. There's so many factors that go into scouting, taking one person's opinion seems counter intuitive, although he does eliminate a lot of confirmation bias by using analytics as much as he does which is a positive.

derp

well they're definitely not yellow

kind of brown-ish

Yeah that's pharaoh ants, they're brownish in color and they'll swarm any food you have lying around.

Do not spray anything, you need to put traps in places where you see them, ideally figure out where they're coming from.

fucking hell

Good answer, you have no idea how fucking annoying these things are. If you're not planning on calling an exterminator here's what you do.

Your mileage will vary but these are the only traps I've found that work(these ants are really picky about what bait they will eat):

mBaG4Z5.png

Lay out a trap or two where you've seen the ants and leave them alone. If they take the bait you should see this within a day:

jhkM8yz.png

It's a slow acting poison, you want the ants to take it back to their nest and feed it to the ants there(especially the queen). I'd follow the trail of ants and set up traps where they were coming out of to make sure they got it.

Again don't disturb them, no matter how tempting it is. If you disturb them or spray poison or repellent etc. the ants will freak out and set up a new ant colony elsewhere. So now you'll have these bastards in another part of your place.

Within a week you should see a lot less of them. Don't be surprised if you find a huge pile of dead ants somewhere. You might have to put out more traps elsewhere to get rid of all of them if they spread.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah that's pharaoh ants, they're brownish in color and they'll swarm any food you have lying around.

Do not spray anything, you need to put traps in places where you see them, ideally figure out where they're coming from.
Apparently they can have multiple queens meaning that when scattered they can easily create new colonies which will quietly repopulate in secret and not compete with each other but instead cooperate in order to best avenge the deaths of their cousins by destroying all humans. :D

Apparently they can have multiple queens meaning that when scattered they can easily create new colonies which will quietly repopulate in secret and not compete with each other but instead cooperate in order to best avenge the deaths of their cousins by destroying all humans. :D

You're a regular Dale Gribble.

ShaneB

Shane your's is a thirst that cannot be quenched. :p

But yeah echoing what someone said before I really like Kate Beirness and Natasha Stanisevski or however her name is spelt. They are pretty solid together and bring just enough humour that I enjoy. I'm pretty sure they're the main team in TSN now.

But yeah TSN seems to have hired a lot of blondes to run the desk: Laura Diakun, Kara Wagland, Tessa Bonhomme and Sara Orlesky is still floating around somewhere.

I love the ladies and I love sports. A lovely lady who can talk sports... What a gal.

Marvie_3

Banned
King of the NHL-GAF Hill:

Hank: Marvie - "Quenneville ain't right."
Dale: Soc - great at digging up old posts, pocket sand.
Bill: Acid?
Boomhauer: Smiley?
Bobby: wsox
Wsox is more like peggy.

Cake boss can be boomhauer because he types like boomhauer speaks.

Top Bottom