• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just got home and saw this Rachel Dolezal stuff.

I'm going to bed I don't want to be up all night shaking my head.

oh sorry, I'm still politically ranting on this new page

Since you already have a bunch of them, can we send you the rest of our republicans?

They're probably more tolerable than our current Fuck Squad.

Actually, Rick Santorum fucking LOVES Tony Abbott (our PM) which says it all really. Dumbass doesn't realise he only won the election because the other side shot themselves in the foot with changing leaders twice during their reign. Then he lied his ass off about "no cuts" and "budget emergency" blah blah. All lies, all failed.

Pikma

Banned
I wish there was some way to hide threads you don't want to see, there's a thread in OT right now with some horribly disturbing content that I definitely don't want to see, so now I can't keep browsing since that thing affects me just by glancing at it's title

Marvie_3

Banned
They're probably more tolerable than our current Fuck Squad.
No, they're not.

I wish there was some way to hide threads you don't want to see, there's a thread in OT right now with some horribly disturbing content that I definitely don't want to see, so now I can't keep browsing since that thing affects me just by glancing at it's title
I would love to be able to ignore the hundreds of marvel threads.

CtfidQK.gif

Is it the guys arm snapping thread?

Sorry about that. Told you Australia is horrible.

Pikma

Banned
Is it the guys arm snapping thread?

Sorry about that. Told you Australia is horrible.
Oh don't worry every country is horrible in their own kinda-cute-but-not-so-much way, just like Texas, the State I lived most of my childhood in, is kinda cute because they're cracking down on a band of little girls setting up illegal lemonade stands.

It wasn't that thread though
it was a thread about a video of someone killing a dog in a horrible way (don't know more, I obviously didn't open it)

According to Dopey Lacrosse and Hockey have more in common than Halo 5 and the other Halos.

:lol

Silly dopey

I was an athletic trainer for lacrosse for a couple years. It's a good sport, just make sure those kids don't turn into lax bros.

Yeah I played it from my 8th grade year until my second year of college. Great sport.

We're in semi-rural North Dakota. I doubt they'll turn into bros but I guess you never know.

Oh don't worry every country is horrible in their own kinda-cute-but-not-so-much way, just like Texas, the State I lived most of my childhood in, is kinda cute because they're cracking down on a band of little girls setting up illegal lemonade stands.

It wasn't that thread though
it was a thread about a video of someone killing a dog in a horrible way (don't know more, I obviously didn't open it)

Damn lemonade stands not paying their share of tax!

OK even that triggers me.

Dogs are the last bastions of this world that are pure, innocent, loyal and 100% awesome.

The Witcher 3 finally clicked for me last night. I was up 'til 1:30 playing it, which sucks because my 18-month-old doesn't give a shit that I was up late.

So good though. Question for those who played it: Will I ever find someone who actually sells armour and weapons, or am I just crafting or looting everything I'll be wearing?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Serious gamers.

That thread made me laugh.

Back on topic:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2015/06/11/red-wings-daniel-cleary/71094488/

Should Daniel Cleary indeed make another reappearance with the Red Wings, he most likely would end up spending the season in the minors.

Cleary and general manager Ken Holland are meeting next week to discuss Cleary's future. A situation that bears the handprint of former coach Mike Babcock has put the Wings in the position of being honor-bound to keep Cleary, 36, aboard, even as he is coming off a season that saw him play just 17 games, producing two points.

This debacle began two years ago. The Wings had offered Cleary a three-year, $6.25-million contract before he became unrestricted July 1. He declined. The Wings then signed Stephen Weiss and Daniel Alfredsson, leaving little space under the salary cap. Then Cleary didn't sign with anyone. September rolled around. The Flyers offered Cleary a three-year deal for $8.25 million, but Cleary then decided he wanted to stay in Detroit.

He ended up flying to Traverse City, where the Wings already had begun training camp. He met in a hangar with Holland and Babcock. Holland pointed to a near maxed-out budget. Babcock pushed hard for Cleary to be signed. What resulted was a one-year, $1.75-million deal with the understanding the Wings would take into consideration what Cleary left on the Flyers table.

Thanks a lot, Babcock. Also, the NHL is a BUSINESS. This "honor-bound" crap is ridiculous. If Holland had any balls he'd give him a ticket to Toronto.

Curufinwe

All the Flyers gave Cleary was a PTO. He couldn't have been signed until after training camp when Pronger went on LTIR. It was no surprise when Cleary took the firm offer from Detroit in early September rather than playing all of preseason and then hoping to get more from Philly.

In his pursuit of a top-six winger, MacLellan said he wouldn’t be moving his first-round pick. The Capitals are at No. 22 in the first round, an area of the draft they’ve had good success with assistant GM Ross Mahoney running things. MacLellan said the Capitals would be drafting in the first round this year.

“Yes,” he said. “Ross would get mad [otherwise]. He’d get really mad. That’s a lot of work to wait to pick until the second or third round.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/craig-custance/insider/post?id=6012

We're going dumpster diving aren't we?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Witcher 3 finally clicked for me last night. I was up 'til 1:30 playing it, which sucks because my 18-month-old doesn't give a shit that I was up late.

So good though. Question for those who played it: Will I ever find someone who actually sells armour and weapons, or am I just crafting or looting everything I'll be wearing?

In terms of quality of gear it goes

Crafting > Quest rewards > loot > vendors

Best armor is craftable, best weapon varies depending on what you want - probably also craftable tho. Mix&match Feline, Ursine and Griffin depending on your build.

Quick

Banned

Yeah, it took me a moment and then I got really into it. Last week, I ended up going at it from like 8-9 PM to almost 3 AM. The game reels you in.

In terms of quality of gear it goes

Crafting > Quest rewards > loot > vendors

Best armor is craftable, best weapon varies depending on what you want - probably also craftable tho. Mix&match Feline, Ursine and Griffin depending on your build.

I think I'm playing wrong. I just loot everything and anytime I visit a blacksmith or something, I just get my armor repaired. If I wanted something made, I don't have enough parts.

Same with potions and shit.

Halp me pls.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So once upon a time, way back in March of the year 2015, the Rangers traded Lee Stempniak to the Winnipeg Jets for no apparent reason in exchange for Carl Klingberg, who promptly went to Hartford.

Fast forward to today:
gor Eronko ‏@IgorEronko

Per @champ_hockey Carl Klingberg set to sign with Torpedo of the #KHL #NYRangers
Great job.

So once upon a time, way back in March of the year 2015, the Rangers traded Lee Stempniak to the Winnipeg Jets for no apparent reason in exchange for Carl Klingberg, who promptly went to Hartford.

Fast forward to today:

Great job.

Also, Don Cherry likes him some Russians.

You brought up Ovechkin. When is he finally going to win the Stanley Cup?

Many people started believing in Washington again this year, but they lost to the Rangers. You cannot just blame Ovi. If everybody on that team played like him – the Capitals would have won the Cup many times by now. It would have been a dynasty! Ovechkin is one of my favorite players. Did you know that?

Not really. We remember how you criticized him sometimes. For his hot stick celebration, for example, when he scored his 50th goal.

I criticize him because I love him. But my favorite Russian player of all times is Pavel Bure. He was like Bobby Orr! They played a similar game, they both had to retire because of bad knee injuries. But Pavel for me is the greatest of all Russians.

But he also likes himself some Canadians

Why does such a good team continue to fail at Olympics?

I don’t know, I don’t understand! I get asked a lot. The Russians seemingly have everything, even Ovechkin comes. Malkin, Datsyuk, great goalies. What are you missing? Maybe you should add a few Canadians to the team. Give them Russian passports!

:LOLOLOLOL

Yawnier

Banned

Fast forward to today:

Great job.

That Lee Stempniak is one hell of a hockey player. At one point he was even worth Alex Steen and Carlo "Splodey Bones" Colaiaiaiacovo.

Fast forward to today:

Great job.

I'm still going to say Trading Anthony Duclair was a huge mistake for the Rangers.

It's going to be your Scott Gomez Trade.

calder

Fast forward to today:

Great job.

We love Stemp, great player for our team as he slots into a solid bottom 6 guy on a roster like ours that has a few holes up front. I can see how he doesn't have a spot on the Rangers though, at the time the trade was presented as a bit of a cap move for the Rangers. Hope the Jets resign him, he did a lot to help out the third line.

calder

I think I'm playing wrong. I just loot everything and anytime I visit a blacksmith or something, I just get my armor repaired. If I wanted something made, I don't have enough parts.

Halp me pls.

Don't worry too much about that shit for a while, I was like level 25 before I bothered figuring out what armor set to focus on. I like the medium armor so I did the Griffin school gear quests (they are just treasure hunt type quests) and upgraded quickly to the enhanced set which matched my level.

Don't do what I did - I got to level 30 and was a bit sloppy in reading so I upgraded all my armor and swords to the Mastercrafted level. That was fine for the swords but my armor was all lvl 31 now so I had to run around nekkid for a half a level.

The whole crafting and alchemy portions of the game are a bit poor IMO. They simply have too many materials and too many pieces of gear and potions, 90% of which you'll never need or use. I suggest ignoring it all for a while, just focus on the potions and weapon oils you use currently (like, upgrade your Swallow potion and weapon oils) and use whatever swords and armor you pick up. But do buy the treasure maps you see at the vendors, those will eventually come in handy. Don't worry about armor/sword plans you see for sale because you probably won't bother making many of them, but the plans to learn how to craft materials will be important.

Later on if you decide to get Feline or Bear school gear you'll need a bunch of materials but as long as you don't sell your valuable ores and shit (it's pretty clear what you should hang on to when you pick it up) you can get it fairly cheaply. You can use the blacksmith to refine a bunch of stuff (so if you need 2 more leather scraps you'll find you can get that by dismantling leather straps or other leather items) and they sell materials too.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Pikma

Banned
Well, Stars got a new play-by-play guy...

...in Dave Strader.

A decent choice, but a boring one IMO.

Stars-GAF, opinions?
As you said, it's really boring and it fucking sucks tbh but it was to be expected, there's no one else like Strangis in the whole business so no matter who they hired we'd end up reacting the same way, at least I would. Fuck I'll miss Ralph, I feel like it hasn't hit me yet, the first game of the season sure will be weird.

Edit: doesn't mean I don't like Strader, it's just that he isn't Strangis :(

Pikma

Banned
Yeah, it took me a moment and then I got really into it. Last week, I ended up going at it from like 8-9 PM to almost 3 AM. The game reels you in.

Halp me pls.
What the hell happened to the Baron and his family? Did you find the wife?

Don't worry, if you want to start crafting witcher gear just start looking for the missions for whatever set you want to try out, and once you have the formula each part just dismantle some shit or google the material needed so you know where to find it easily. The crafting system is way too damn convulted so sometimes that's the only way.

Quick

Banned
What the hell happened to the Baron and his family? Did you find the wife?

Don't worry, if you want to start crafting witcher gear just start looking for the missions for whatever set you want to try out, and once you have the formula each part just dismantle some shit or google the material needed so you know where to find it easily. The crafting system is way too damn convulted so sometimes that's the only way.

I haven't had the time to play since last week. :(

Top Bottom