• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wow the coyotes are fucked lol

Julie frisoni was hired by the coyotes to help put together their bid for the WJC.

So the violation is on the arena management side loooool

Does anyone here like hardcore punk? I remember when discussing Pennywise/Ducks Goal horn there was a bit of discussion about punk in general.

Saw these guys, Clowns, on Friday night.

https://youtu.be/5aGcylHOFew

Local band who made it big after their debut back in 2013. They made me feel like it was 1998 and I'd just bought my first skateboard.

They were so effing good. Catchy, rhythmic, punchy and powerful.

If punk is your thing, give it a shot.

HOLY SHIT!

Ryu and Roy CONFIRMED FOR SMASH!!!

I guess Ryu Replaces Snake as my new main now

what the fuck

DOES THIS MEAN DAN IS A POSSIBILITY!?

zroid

Banned
I'm definitely buying Ryu and Roy for smash

I'm super hyped now

CHYnVMJW8AAXRNG.png

this pic! <3

Does anyone here like hardcore punk? I remember when discussing Pennywise/Ducks Goal horn there was a bit of discussion about punk in general.

Saw these guys, Clowns, on Friday night.

https://youtu.be/5aGcylHOFew

Local band who made it big after their debut back in 2013. They made me feel like it was 1998 and I'd just bought my first skateboard.

They were so effing good. Catchy, rhythmic, punchy and powerful.

If punk is your thing, give it a shot.

what the fuck

DOES THIS MEAN DAN IS A POSSIBILITY!?

Dan can be an assist trophy, I'd like to see all the Street Fighter Characters be Assist Trophies

Report: Maple Leafs looking to deal Kessel prior to draft

As the Stanley Cup Final winds down, the Toronto Maple Leafs appear set to steal the headlines once again.

The club, still without an official general manager, spent the first part of the offseason securing Mike Babcock as head coach, while the roster remains largely intact, despite assurances of a teardown from president Brendan Shanahan.

But if the whispers around the league are accurate, that’s about to change, and possibly in a way that will rock the 2015 NHL draft by the time it opens for business in Sunrise, Fla., on June 26, just two weeks away.

In particular, there’s a widespread belief, as first reported a week ago by Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, that the Leafs are making known their intent to deal Kessel before the draft, which could then trigger other moves.
Friedman recently reported that Kessel was a major topic of conversation at the NHL Scouting Combine, with several teams inquiring as to what it would take to make a deal.

The Maple Leafs, ostensibly looking to get younger with an eye to the future, will pick fourth overall at the draft. Kessel and Dion Phaneuf are obvious candidates to be dealt in order to clear cap space and acquire further assets to improve the overall makeup of the club.

Cox suggests the impetus to get something done prior to the draft could be the addition of more picks. Toronto also owns the 24th selection, acquired from Nashville, which it could utilize to move higher in the draft, according to Cox.

Kessel, 27, is the team's most prolific scorer, averaging 30 goals for every 82 games played since breaking into the NHL in 2006. He's also Toronto's highest-paid player, set to earn $8 million per season through the end of the 2019-20 campaign.

zroid

Banned
If Leaf "fans" heckle Kessel when he plays in Toronto on another team, I'm going to be so sad. And yet I feel it's definitely going to happen because Toronto sports fans are fuckwads.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm gonna be hella upset when the likes of Feschuk put out their pieces bashing Kessel to make the idiot fans think they have to boo him.

Syrinx

On that note, the Hurricanes are not actively trying to deal Eric Staal. They'd probably consider a good deal if it came by, but they/re not shopping him.

Here's what a team's depth would look like if they had the 11th, 41st, and 71st overall picks in every draft from 2002-2012, and selected the highest ranked centre or defenseman remaining on Central Scouting's European list:

Centre
Kopitar
Kuznetsov
Anisimov
Backlund
Jarnkrok
Josefson

Defense
Karlsson
Vatanen
Klefbom
Marchenko
Meszaros
Orlov

Wing (moved after being drafted as a centre)
Forsberg
Hudler
Tlusty

I'm pretty bored, but just thought it was cool to demonstrate how underrated Europeans often are in the draft

We drafted three of those guys :D

:(

Wow the coyotes are fucked lol

Julie frisoni was hired by the coyotes to help put together their bid for the WJC.

So the violation is on the arena management side loooool

So, I am one of those lone Coyotes fans...

For the past 6 years I've known we'd eventually lose the team. But this is some kind of train wreck happening.

That Olberman piece could have been so much better.

This is an impressive example of content manufacturing. Friedman, Sportsnet employee, mentions on HNIC the obvious - that teams have asked the openly rebuilding Leafs about their demands for Kessel. Then Damien Cox, Sportsnet employee uses this as a source for a graf in his own article. Then Justin Cuthbert and Ian McLaren, Sportsnet employees, to write 2 more articles all talking about the same thing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think I love the fact Cox is already writing articles that the Leafs need to make a move RIGHT NOW because they've been slow on changing up the culture like they said they would at the end of the season. :T

Poor Quick. :(

I wonder where Kessel is going to land, I could see Montreal, then there's Florida that could be a team where he's not in the spotlight.

Yawnier

Banned
If Kessel is traded (he is as good as gone at this point) then I'll be a bit concerned with JVR's production next season if we keep him.

Saw an article that said the leafs requested our 1st, hiller, and Sam fucking Bennett for kessel. I will shit a brick if this is even remotely considered.

Pretty sure it's pure fantasy because I can't find anything else that even remotely supports it. Id be OK to take kessels cap hit if the trade works. Kinda think it's silly that they're dealing kessel when he's probably about to hit his peak.

Top Bottom