• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Samyy

Pretty sure it's pure fantasy because I can't find anything else that even remotely supports it. Id be OK to take kessels cap hit if the trade works. Kinda think it's silly that they're dealing kessel when he's probably about to hit his peak.

We don't need him winning any games for us next season

Silexx

Dat backpedal.

CHUtQfNUEAE7uWy.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah don't know why they wouldn't lock him long term at 2-3 million or something. Habs already made a mistake giving a bridge contract to Subban, and it sounds like they're doing the same to Gally. Just doesn't make sense to me.

This deal ends when Markov comes off the books, so he can earn his money then. I'm not sure Beaulieu would have signed for a low amount over a longer deal knowing there's nobody else on the left side to challenge him for a spot.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
McKenzie on Kessel:

There's going to be considerable (trade) speculation, obviously, about the futures of Phil Kessel and many more Maple Leafs leading up to the draft.

Toronto is looking to rebuild and the Leafs' veteran core players will generate varying degrees of interest. Most of them have limited no-trade clauses.

Kessel's limited NTC is believed to include eight teams he can be traded to. Prior to the trade deadline, TSN reported those eight teams were believed to be: Boston; Chicago; Los Angeles; Minnesota; Montreal; New York Rangers; Philadelphia; and Pittsburgh.

But that doesn't preclude the possibility of the Leafs finding a suitable deal with a team not on the list and asking the player to amend the list. Also, with each new contract year, it's believed a new list can be submitted by the player so the list can change from year to year. The contract year expires June 30.

Also some other stuff in there but who cares it's all about Toronto rite guyz?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Taking this with a GIGANTIC grain of salt:

Murray Pam @Pammerhockey
Appears #Oilers may be prepared to give 16th overall pick if #Rangers are willing to part with Cam Talbot.

It's been pretty widely known that the Oilers have been planning to make a run at Cam Talbot as their new starting goalie in this offseason for a good year or so now. That's why we signed Talbot to an extension relatively early in the season (by Rangers standards) this year.

But 16th overall in this draft seems well beyond what anybody seemed to deem reasonable.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
well it makes sense sort of, it's the one team he knows will never trade for him, so it's like narrowing it to 7 teams

You can narrow it down to 6. There's no way the Rangers trade for him. For one, it would require shipping Rick Nash in the deal (for cap purposes), which probably wouldn't happen, and I don't think Kessel is enough of a two-way forward to be able to play AV's system, especially since Nash would be gone.

Then again, I suppose crazier things have happened.

Yawnier

Banned
You can narrow it down to 6. There's no way the Rangers trade for him. For one, it would require shipping Rick Nash in the deal (for cap purposes), which probably wouldn't happen, and I don't think Kessel is enough of a two-way forward to be able to play AV's system, especially since Nash would be gone.

Then again, I suppose crazier things have happened.

Looking at that list, he either put teams that are a) in the atlantic divsion (habs, bruins) and/or b) in a tougher cap situation (rangers, blackhawks, kings, penguins, flyers) who might not have any room or need for a piece like him anyway. So trading him would be more difficult, and yeah suffice to say whenever he submitted this list last off-season it's possible he didn't want to leave Toranha.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at that list, he either put teams that are a) in the atlantic divsion (habs, bruins) and/or b) in a tougher cap situation (rangers, blackhawks, kings, penguins, flyers) who might not have any room or need for a piece like him anyway. So trading him would be more difficult, and yeah suffice to say whenever he submitted this list last off-season it's possible he didn't want to leave Toranha.

Or maybe he just really wants to be a Wild like a good Wisconsin boy!

Yawnier

Banned
Or maybe he just really wants to be a Wild like a good Wisconsin boy!

Yep well.... they're the only team on his list that you could make a case for that doesn't fall under either of those categories, though they already got a ton of money devoted to Parise/Suter for the next 8 or so years

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, by the way, Mats Zuccarello has been medically cleared to play in his charity game in Norway next week. Forgotten to mention that before.

So theoretically that means he might have been able to be cleared at least for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final (his charity game is two days later, on June 19). Wouldn't that have been some shit?

Thanks again for nothing, Bolts.

Syrinx

How the AZ/Coyotes debacle isn't getting more coverage boggles my mind. Even if it's a team nobody cares about, the drama is entertaining as hell.

Curufinwe

Personally I think hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in any sport.

But you only have to hit 30% of the time to be considered good. Personally, I think sports where you can to have great hand eye co-ordiantion while also being alert to being physically challenged by other players are the hardest to play.

But you only have to hit 30% of the time to be considered good. Personally, I think sports where you can to have great hand eye co-ordiantion while also being alert to being physically challenged by other players are the hardest to play.

That's the thing. Getting to 30% is something only the elite are able to do. 30%!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mantha and the 19th overall (DET) are available per Damien Cox.....

muhawhahwahahawha

Holland giving up on Mantha after one year makes sense because Holland is senile.

I'm sure his line of thought is something like, "Larkin is good, don't see why we'd need Mantha."

Top Bottom