• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Marvie_3

Banned
he texted me his comment:

"Lol fuck you Phaneuf sucks but he'd be ok I guess on a team that isn't garbage. You can't have Mantha, but Weiss is available. Alan Wake is the best!!!!"

:lol That's reason enough to never trust his opinion on anything.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait a second--Damien Cox is the clown who wrote the article in the Toronto media about Detroit giving up future prospects for Phaneuf. He wants this to happen, but I'm not sure it is actually true.

Samyy

Wait a second--Damien Cox is the clown who wrote the article in the Toronto media about Detroit giving up future prospects for Phaneuf. He wants this to happen, but I'm not sure it is actually true.

He never said Detroit was after Phaneuf today, he just said Detroit is now willing to trade their first or Mantha or both, not necessarily for Phaneuf, just in general.

If any connection was made to Phaneuf it was them referencing the talks during the trade deadline.

While his original thoughts and ideas are pretty bogus, the one thing I believe he does have is a few sources.

I got Alan Wake for like $2 thanks to Amazon. Played about 3/4 of the way through. Fun but nothing great. I put it down one day and just had no desire to go back.

Still kind of interested in Quantum Break somehow.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Paul Allen linked into buying the Coyotes. Again.

We're likely a long way from the Coyotes' fate being decided, but it's at least possible they could end up in Portland. From John Canzano of The Oregonian:

"What I believe is that Portland has a real opportunity, and in the last year I've watched Trail Blazers, Inc. express more interest in filling dark nights in the multi-use arena with NHL play. I also believe this rests with Paul Allen ultimately. NHL in the Moda Center makes sense for him. He could buy the Coyotes and bundle NBA and NHL sponsorship packages. He can bundle ticket opportunities to customers. He wouldn't pay exorbitant rent given that, like the Blazers, he'd be both the landlord and tenant. ...It's Allen or bust right now. And given the reaction from his lieutenants I have to think he's knee-deep investigating and simultaneously asking himself two questions: A) Do I want an NHL team for a toy?; and B) Would it kill my hopeful friends in my home state if I brought the NHL team to Portland instead of letting it go to Seattle?"

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Having portland may help seattle get a franchise, actually.

I always label portland as a maybe because there's really not much else in Oregon to feed off of.

But being owned by paul allen would be huge for viability.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ryu looks fucking amazinggggg holy shit

I barely played Street Fighter growing up but yeah, looks awesome. Not to turn into one of those people who hate anything that isn't Melee, but I wish the other fighters had the ability to cancel animations into combos like he does.
Not that I'd ever be able to do it consistently anyway, but it's fun to watch

Report: Rangers likely to trade Cam Talbot

New York Rangers backup goaltender Cam Talbot's strong play in the absence of starter Henrik Lundqvist apparently didn't go unnoticed by NHL clubs in need of an upgrade at the position.

As the upcoming NHL Entry Draft draws near, Talbot is a prime candidate to be traded, Larry Brooks of the New York Post reports:

The safest bet going into the June 26-27 draft weekend is the Blueshirts will indeed trade Cam Talbot. Several well-placed sources report there is a 'significant' amount of interest in the soon-to-be 28-year-old goaltender, with inquiries not confined to clubs seeking a No. 1 (goalie), but from some as well looking for a backup.

The Rangers are seeking to maximize the return in draft picks for the netminder, who was the team’s most valuable player the second half of the season during Henrik Lundqvist’s extended absence.
Talbot went 21-9-4 with a 2.21 goals-against average and .926 save percentage in 36 games in relief of Lundqvist, who missed much of February and March with a vascular injury.

ESPN's Pierre LeBrun reported earlier this month that the Edmonton Oilers have shown interest in several goaltenders, including Talbot.

The backup carried a cap hit of less than $600,000 in 2014-15, a figure that will rise to $1.45 million next season. He is set to become an unrestricted free agent in 2016-17.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/780189

If we end up trading O'Reilly I'll honestly feel bad for whoever gets him assuming it's a fair trade. I don't see him signing long term anywhere unless the salary is way, way higher than deserved.

But hey, Sakic wants so badly to re-sign him in the summer! That has to be going well, right?

yyzjohn

Banned
It's still sort of weird seeing people quote Blundell when it comes to Leafs rumors. For ages on the Edge I figured he didn't even watch sports let alone know what was going on. Now he's apparently some "insider" cause he's on the Fan. *sigh*

If we end up trading O'Reilly I'll honestly feel bad for whoever gets him assuming it's a fair trade. I don't see him signing long term anywhere unless the salary is way, way higher than deserved.

But hey, Sakic wants so badly to re-sign him in the summer! That has to be going well, right?

He wasn't going to re-sign pre-July 1st anyway. I'm not at all surprised they're listening to offers, but I still think a new contract will be negotiated. At least it will have a definitive ending this summer, though if it's a trade I don't have much faith in Sakic/Roy to get a good return.

Marvie_3

Banned
Having portland may help seattle get a franchise, actually.

I always label portland as a maybe because there's really not much else in Oregon to feed off of.

But being owned by paul allen would be huge for viability.
If both Seattle and Portland get teams, it could brew a good 3 team rivalry in that area with Vancouver.

Maybe he meant after June 21?

If both Seattle and Portland get teams, it could brew a good 3 team rivalry in that area with Vancouver.

Maybe he meant after June 21?

I forgot what it was specifically, but there was something that would prevent O'reilly from signing before July 1st, I think it was the ability to negotiate for a no trade clause or something like that.

Mantha and the 19th overall (DET) are available per Damien Cox.....

muhawhahwahahawha

Holland giving up on Mantha after one year makes sense because Holland is senile.

I'm sure his line of thought is something like, "Larkin is good, don't see why we'd need Mantha."

Treat Phaneuf well.

I'd like to hear from crazed first before I decide on this.

Phaneuf for Cleary

It's Holland.

It'll be Phaneuf for Mantha, Weiss, and the #1 pick.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If we are getting rid of Mantha or the 1st, it better not be for Oh Captain, OEL or bust baby!!!

he texted me his comment:

"Lol fuck you Phaneuf sucks but he'd be ok I guess on a team that isn't garbage. You can't have Mantha, but Weiss is available. Alan Wake is the best!!!!"

:lol That's reason enough to never trust his opinion on anything.

Fuck Alan Wake.

I hated that game, I'll probably hate Quantum break too

I thought about getting Alan Wake when I had an Xbox, but then I thought "nah".

game was so bad.

I heard a lot praise for it, and gameplay of it kind of sold me, but in the end, it just wasn't a game for me.

alan wake sucked

Man with Heretic banned and Crazed missing finally the truth about Alan Wake can exist in this thread

I own Alan Wake on PC but have never played it, guess it'll remain that way

I got Alan Wake for like $2 thanks to Amazon. Played about 3/4 of the way through. Fun but nothing great. I put it down one day and just had no desire to go back.

Still kind of interested in Quantum Break somehow.

I got Alan Wake on a Humble Bundle deal, I really liked the game and its Twilight Zone Atmosphere.

Alan Wake was horrible after the first hour or so

that flashlight was a piece of trash

I've never seen so many people wrong in my life in one place. Alan Wake is obviously too great for all of you to fully comprehend and appreciate, but hey, not all of us can be perfect. Moose, you are the only one alright out of everyone. Oh, and Pikma, don't listen to this terrible crowd, game is not meant to marathon, play a chapter a day (usually about an hour) and see what you think. Also make sure no-one is bothering you while you play.

I feed of your AW hate, feed off of it!!!

Ihxd8Lv.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's still sort of weird seeing people quote Blundell when it comes to Leafs rumors. For ages on the Edge I figured he didn't even watch sports let alone know what was going on. Now he's apparently some "insider" cause he's on the Fan. *sigh*

It's a quiet time in the year and people are starving to see some trades come so anyone saying anything gets huge traction.

He's saying things people want to hear so it's spreading aka what Eklund used to do.

is Eklund even still around? I haven't seen much or any of "saw this from eklund" posts lately.

Samyy

It's a quiet time in the year and people are starving to see some trades come so anyone saying anything gets huge traction.

He's saying things people want to hear so it's spreading aka what Eklund used to do.

is Eklund even still around? I haven't seen much or any of "saw this from eklund" posts lately.

Just to add I saw on my Twitter feed that apparently his show is doing really bad ratings wise so him suddenly becoming an "insider" probably has everything to do with that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just to add I saw on my Twitter feed that apparently his show is doing really bad ratings wise so him suddenly becoming an "insider" probably has everything to do with that.

Who knew Mike Richards was that strong in the morning?

Like yeah I enjoy him but I didn't think he was that dominant. Also Dave Bastl can fuck right off.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kind of surprised Montreal would be on Kessel's list of teams he'd go to, I figured after all the shit he's put up with in Toronto he wouldn't want to be in another hockey city.

What's this? Gonna be in Toronto for the weekend.
A 2 day music festival on Toronto Island. It was really poorly planned, but the music was great, got to see my man Nas finally.

Waiting for Red to show up and stroke how awesome this is. :D
Top 4 D at 1 M a year? I'll take it, if he can maintain his growth, he'll get a decent contract after this is over. He's probably our 3rd best D right now, depending on how Markov recovers this off season.

Apparently some scrub from bleacherreport was saying Mikko Koivu to Montreal for Lars Eller

He isn't serious is he

I thought Eller sucked ass
The article is called "Hypothetical NHL trades" which is based on a purely random thought that Friedman had that he himself states is not based on anything other than his own thoughts. Why this would be given any thought is beyond me.

Top Bottom