• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Quick

Banned
Kind of surprised Montreal would be on Kessel's list of teams he'd go to, I figured after all the shit he's put up with in Toronto he wouldn't want to be in another hockey city.

In place of Kessel's removed testicle is a ball that absorbs pressure.

punchtotheface

sEsyOkC.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Report: Rangers likely to trade Cam Talbot

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/780189

From Friedman re:Talbot:
A couple of GMs indicated Cam Talbot is probably the top choice among cap-friendly, potential No. 1 options. Another suggested Lack second and Robin Lehner third.
I had Talbot before around a 50-50 chance to be traded because I wasn't quite sure what the return would be. It's sounding more and more likely that somebody is going to overpay for him, though.

As amazing as he is as a backup, New York is a dead end for any aspiring #1 for probably at least the next 5 years or so (if not the full length of Hank's current contract), and Talbot's value as a trading asset will probably never be higher for us than it is right now. With our dearth of picks and relatively few players at any position in the farm system potentially ready for prime time, we probably don't have a choice but to trade him if we're getting real serious offers.

Still leaves the issue of who the hell serves as Hank's backup with Cam out of the picture. Skapski's probably not really ready for that role yet, even if we do know he's capable of easily handling pre-Eichel Buffalo. So that leaves...Halverson? He's only 19. Shestyorkin is also 19 and still in Russia next season. Missaien? Eh.

Seems like help has to come from outside the organization.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Also:
Analysis: The Canadiens lack a true first-line center, and Koivu could fit the bill.

Koivu fits the bill of a true, first-line centre?

The guy with the career high 66 points, who averages 50 something per season. Montreal already has the better version, plus ours wears turtlenecks.

Also:

Koivu fits the bill of a true, first-line centre?

The guy with the career high 66 points, who averages 50 something per season. Montreal already has the better version, plus ours wears turtlenecks.

There's gotta be a better option than Koivu. We need a Centre that's for sure though.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Where's Heretic to chime in?

:(

I actually didn't realize until now that it was a Microsoft-produced game. But the sharp divide between opinions was too great a coincidence haha

Lol

Only a few more sleeps till Heretic is back.

Also Jays killing it again.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
In terms of points the bar has gone down especially for a #1C.

What, like five players broke 80 points this season?

Imitation Apple juice?

I know point production isn't what it used to be, but my issue is the fact they say Montreal needs this true first-line centre, and choose a guy who is nearly identical to Tomas Plekanec.

yyzjohn

Banned
It's a quiet time in the year and people are starving to see some trades come so anyone saying anything gets huge traction.

He's saying things people want to hear so it's spreading aka what Eklund used to do.

is Eklund even still around? I haven't seen much or any of "saw this from eklund" posts lately.

Eklund has a video podcast with Mike from Buffalo and a few other guys. He's hit the big time.

Yawnier

Banned
That nintendo world championship thing was fun to watch

... I'm actually sort of tempted to buy a Wii U now (aka the advertising worked)

Marvie_3

Banned
Why am I getting perfect runs in Runner 2 but can't touch your scores? What are you cooking?

Great game. That Humble Nintendo Bundle was insane value
Indeed. $10 for all that was a steal.

Mario Maker is legit.
The more I see on it the better it looks. It's too bad all the levels I make will be kindergarten level shit.

That nintendo world championship thing was fun to watch

... I'm actually sort of tempted to buy a Wii U now (aka the advertising worked)
Do it. Nintendo's first party offerings are more than enough to make it worth the price.
Because that's all there is amirite lolololololololololol
It's definitely a small lineup but the quality is there in spades.

zroid

Banned
The more I see on it the better it looks. It's too bad all the levels I make will be kindergarten level shit.

I think it will be easy to make cool momentum based levels like the first one they showed because of the route tracking that was shown last year. That SMW-based level was crazy though, wow.

I hope they make these four available to play at launch

Marvie_3

Banned
I think it will be easy to make cool momentum based levels like the first one they showed because of the route tracking that was shown last year. That SMW-based level was crazy though, wow.

I hope they make these four available to play at launch

If you have any sort of creativity.

Which I don't.

Unless I'm making pottery.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
If you have any sort of creativity.

Which I don't.

Unless I'm making pottery.

I'm pretty sure 95% of people have no idea what makes a good level and will just make shit like those terrible Mario hacks. Luckily the Treehouse guys know what they're doing, and showcased some great some.

zroid

Banned
This strategy the Cavs are using to repeatedly foul the one GS player who can't seem to make a free throw is utterly retarded

is the NBA really OK with this garbage?

Marvie_3

Banned
FALLOUT 4 HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Top Bottom