• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

GoT:
Jon Snow new Rolex spokesperson. "For the watch."

They really do seem to keep upping the shock value in the show. But I mean, 5 seasons in and they're still very relevant in pop culture, so they must be doing something right.

The Cersei walk of shame was uncomfortable to watch but at the same time pretty well done.

Nah everyone was ready to fall back in love with Sony. They were just mad at them because gaf follows what the media says.

Fallout 4 looks bad.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Lol, Henry Ford III presenting at E3, hawking his bullshit cars.

This is why I'm glad Nintendo is going full-Direct rather than continuing on with these stupid press conferences.

dem

God dammit.. backwards compatibility?

I sold all my 360 games to a friend for like 30 dollars

I want my Fight Night games back

zroid

Banned
I might get an Xbone if the BC is totally legit. Never had a X360 and there's a few X360 games I always wanted to try.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure they have. The dlc was supposedly better. They're not the big M though. And ds2 story was shit. Want nothing to do with it. Two damn insiders swore he was doing this. No game play either. Meh wait and see I guess.

Quick

Banned
Tomb Raider coming out the same day as Fallout 4 and a week before Battlefront. Good luck with that, Crystal Dynamics.

Gonna buy the eventual PS4 release whenever it comes out next year.

Quick

Banned
This is why I'm glad Nintendo is going full-Direct rather than continuing on with these stupid press conferences.

I'm not a huge Nintendo guy, but I really liked their format last year with the Nintendo Direct. I hope they top their opening video from last year.
"Come on, Reggie, give us Mother 3!"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a huge Nintendo guy, but I really liked their format last year with the Nintendo Direct. I hope they top their opening video from last year.
"Come on, Reggie, give us Mother 3!"

Well they gave us Mother 1 this year. A step in the right direction, I guess. :D

Fallout 4 really.... doesn't look that good. Kind of like an up-rezzed 360 game to be honest.

So much about it is underwhelming.

It looks like they started working on it last summer.

It's been 7 years since F3, nearly 4 since Skyrim, and that's what they came up with. :I

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
It's the same engine they've been using since morrowind. Can only push it so far. Looks okay to me. More concerned with the seemingly typical betashed design style but again that hasn't changed in a decade so I wasn't expecting a lot.

Pikma

Banned
A really shitty conference with only a handful of decent games and services, it's pretty sad that the biggest anouncement was the 360 BC

Cuphead looks fucking amazing though.

Socreges

Banned
RC Pro-Am and Blast Corps at a decent framerate? Hard to say no. BC is also a nice addition since I have a dead 360 with several digital games.

Your move, Sony.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thank god I'm not the only one that thought Fallout 4 looked like shit. I mean, it definitely looks worse than Skyrim. On the bright side, Bethesda games are moddable so plop some
ENB on it and it'll probably look amazing too. Still gonna get it anyway, but not as hyped as I could be.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to see big M confirmed. Still a lil concerned by potentially short development time and ds2 story. Hope they don't reuse too many areas/enemies. Now give details/game play plz.

zroid

Banned
the sony conferences are always so f'ing long

it sounds like MS really kept it moving at a good clip and didn't waste time. so good for them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the demos they do during conferences, they're all the same. Some guy monotonously narrates it while they start off panning around the environment showing how beautiful their game is, then sometimes kill weak ass enemies, and finally ending with something good ten minutes later(but it cuts off just before the real exciting part). Add in some cringe moments where they repeat internet memes out loud, and you've got a conference.

Yawnier

Banned
I hate the demos they do during conferences, they're all the same. Some guy monotonously narrates it while they start off panning around the environment showing how beautiful their game is, then sometimes kill weak ass enemies, and finally ending with something good ten minutes later(but it cuts off just before the real exciting part). Add in some cringe moments where they repeat internet memes out loud, and you've got a conference.

Yeah, I feel like this sums up most action-adventure or shooter gameplay demos since the last gen when Uncharted got big:

How to make a Gameplay Trailer on E3-Checklist:
[ ] CGI-Intro
[ ] Slow-Walking
[ ] People casual talking about stuff, so that we know, they are partners.
[ ] Hell breaks loose
[ ] "Keep, going!"
[ ] "What is going on?"
[ ] Action beat stops with more exploring about a strange element.
[ ] Build up for another action scene fast but it ends with a joke
[ ] New slowly build action scene
[ ] Everything is more controlled to show off features.
[ ] Trailer ends with a CGI-Movie, where the characters are in danger and it cuts to black.

Top Bottom