• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

zroid

Banned
I hate the demos they do during conferences, they're all the same. Some guy monotonously narrates it while they start off panning around the environment showing how beautiful their game is, then sometimes kill weak ass enemies, and finally ending with something good ten minutes later(but it cuts off just before the real exciting part). Add in some cringe moments where they repeat internet memes out loud, and you've got a conference.

I think I'm done watching press conferences until MS and Sony change to the Nintendo format. I just can't deal with all the manufactured hype and over-marketing and forced applause, etc. anymore. It's too much.

I'm fine following along on twitter and getting the news after the fact.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm done watching press conferences until MS and Sony change to the Nintendo format. I just can't deal with all the manufactured hype and over-marketing and forced applause, etc. anymore. It's too much.

I'm fine following along on twitter and getting the news after the fact.

Yeah, trying to play to a crowd(let alone a crowd full of man children) really kills the flow of these conferences.

Crowd reactions sometimes are really great though, yesterdays Super Mario Maker speedruns had some awesome moments.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah, trying to play to a crowd(let alone a crowd full of man children) really kills the flow of these conferences.

Crowd reactions sometimes are really great though, yesterdays Super Mario Maker speedruns had some awesome moments.

That's what happens when you have people playing the game for real, rather than having the marketing director walk through a scripted demo sequence.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's funny as fuck to me that Nintendo is the only one doing shit right. They've got the delivery to consumer down.

They were pretty much forced to innovate in this area due to the fact that the gaming media is staffed by a bunch of childish, horrible nerds with no journalism degrees or experience, who play favorites based on pure fanboy idiocy and literally take bribes.

They were pretty much forced to innovate in this area due to the fact that the gaming media is staffed by a bunch of childish, horrible nerds with no journalism degrees or experience, who play favorites based on pure fanboy idiocy and literally take bribes.

Which is exactly why I distanced myself. I wrote a Mass Effect 3 review once upon a time and gave it something like a 7.6 that mysteriously turned into an 8.5 with ZERO discussion from any of my editors. They didn't want to risk EA giving them review code. Wouldn't even acknowledge that it happened.

Gameplay trailers are no different from teasers of teasers of trailers.

1. Ominous text
2. Shot of famous recognizable callback object.
3. More ominous text
4. Explosions, main character shown
5. Even more ominous text
6. Quick cutaway shot of villain (no face shown)
7. Crazy stunts, setpiece of villain's army, cutaway of kiss with love interest, someone falling.
8. One line of dialogue
9. Title card

Curufinwe

Reads like a #gamergate post.

zroid

Banned
Which is exactly why I distanced myself. I wrote a Mass Effect 3 review once upon a time and gave it something like a 7.6 that mysteriously turned into an 8.5 with ZERO discussion from any of my editors. They didn't want to risk EA giving them review code. Wouldn't even acknowledge that it happened.

wow :lol

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Gameplay trailers are no different from teasers of teasers of trailers.

1. Ominous text
2. Shot of famous recognizable callback object.
3. More ominous text
4. Explosions, main character shown
5. Even more ominous text
6. Quick cutaway shot of villain (no face shown)
7. Crazy stunts, setpiece of villain's army, cutaway of kiss with love interest, someone falling.
8. One line of dialogue
9. Title card

At least teasers are generally short.

I just tried watching the Fallout 4 video from Microsoft's conference but couldn't last a minute before being bored to death. Everyone knows how Fallout works, and what the basic story is, just get to the good stuff.

If I wanted to watch some guy play and explain his way through a demo, I'd watch IGN/Gamespot/Giant Bomb do it later on, with probably better commentary.

fallout

I thought the whole Doritos Pope thing would have enlightened people how BS "games journalism" is.
Why? The focus on that instance was entirely misguided. Everyone was hung up on the Doritos and Mountain Dew while ignoring the giant Master Chief cutout in the background.

RC

Banned
Its happening
The ff7 remake is happening

Also DJ Smith offered an assistant coaching job with the Leafs

I hate to admit it, but an FFVII remake would force me to go "next-gen."

FFVII was such a huge game for me as a teenager, in terms of impact nothing else ever came close.

Of course I'm still taking this with a huge grain of salt, I won't believe it till is see it with my own eyes.

Samyy

I hate to admit it, but an FFVII remake would force me to go "next-gen."

FFVII was such a huge game for me as a teenager, in terms of impact nothing else ever came close.

Of course I'm still taking this with a huge grain of salt, I won't believe it till is see it with my own eyes.

Yea, I'm getting too excited, a lot of smoke this year.

RC

Banned
Yea, I'm getting too excited, a lot of smoke this year.

Leave it to rumours of an FFVII remake to get me excited about video games again.

Although a part of me is kind of hoping this is all bs just to see the meltdowns on the gaming side.

Yawnier

Banned
Leave it to rumours of an FFVII remake to get me excited about video games again.

Although a part of me is kind of hoping this is all bs just to see the meltdowns on the gaming side.

There is 3 or so seperate sources talking about it now

It's happening

Marvie_3

Banned
Maybe if nintendo wasnt all kiddies games for stupid babies, real gamers like me might care bro

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Maybe if nintendo wasnt all kiddies games for stupid babies, real gamers like me might care bro

I was about to blast you for this and then I took the time to see the sarcastic slamming of the gaming journalism industry, and instead gave you a standing ovation.

As for E3, Microsoft's conference was average at best. CG everywhere. Rare's game was not Banjo-Kazooie 3, which was disappointing. Rare Replay is a definite buy.

I'm not buying that Hololens stuff for a second. Not after Kinect.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've never played a single FF game.

Never owned any sony consoles when I was younger :/ Nintendo all the way

Curufinwe

delita_blameyourselfandgod.jpg

RC

Banned

Let's see for me it went: NES, Genesis, PS2, PS3, and Wii (Which has been hardly touched)

I really wished I had a SNES growing up though. The first time I saw Donkey Kong Country made me instantly regret going SEGA.

Samyy

I didn't have a console until the PS2 but I managed to play all the FF games through PSN and GBA.

Only one I couldn't stand was FF2, FF4 is easily one of my favourites alongside FF7.

Top Bottom