• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm just hoping I get some KI news and I'll be satisfied.

PC Port or Season 3 or both.

That stuff is likely to show up either at PC conference tonight or buried in Xbox Daily Live tomorrow.

I just hope they're not just showing off story mode for S2 on Xbox Daily Live. I will be sad.

Montresor

I was really happy with the MS conference but the recent Sony announcements show how much Microsoft is fucking up when it comes to Japanese games. PS4 is getting Street Fighter, FFVII, Shenmue 3, Persona 5, Tales of Zesteria, the other Tales game, Star Ocean, Nier 2, ... so many Japanese third party exclusives.

I'm happy with Scalebound, the new Recore game, and a lot of MS's lineup (including indie games) + their OS but I will end up going XB1 + PS4 down the line to avoid missing out.

DopeyFish

I was really happy with the MS conference but the recent Sony announcements show how much Microsoft is fucking up when it comes to Japanese games. PS4 is getting Street Fighter, FFVII, Shenmue 3, Persona 5, Tales of Zesteria, the other Tales game, Star Ocean, Nier 2, ... so many Japanese third party exclusives.

I'm happy with Scalebound, the new Recore game, and a lot of MS's lineup (including indie games) + their OS but I will end up going XB1 + PS4 to avoid missing out.

Xbox One is getting FF7 too fyi

Just timed exclusive like tomb raider

Montresor

That's up in the air. I now know how PS4 and PC fans must have felt back when Tomb Raider's exclusivity was announced. So much smoke and mirrors. You say FFVII is timed exclusive but all we know is "first on ps4". There's no confirmation for XB1 - it could easily come to PC and PS4 only. It would be nice if someone from Square Enix made an official statement.

DopeyFish

That's up in the air. I now know how PS4 and PC fans must have felt back when Tomb Raider's exclusivity was announced. So much smoke and mirrors. You say FFVII is timed exclusive but all we know is "first on ps4". There's no confirmation for XB1 - it could easily come to PC and PS4 only. It would be nice if someone from Square Enix made an official statement.

First on <console> means it's coming to another. It sure as hell ain't the Wii-U.
Console exclusive or exclusive to <console> is the term they would have used if it was PS4 only or PS4/PC.

The messaging is very deliberate.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Not necessarily. Word is that it might just be PS4 and PC, hence "first on Playstation." Or more accurately, I think it's so far off that they have no idea what platforms it's actually going to end up landing on, just that they're building it with the intention of releasing on the PS4 first and foremost.

It's still a long, long, long, long way from release, after all. Holiday 2017 seems like the absolute earliest it could possibly be, and that's assuming Square manages to go without massively fucking up somewhere in the process, something they haven't successfully done on the development of a mainline FF game since XI. 2018 or even 2019 is way more likely, and who knows if a Japanese publisher would want to even bother trying to release a huge console JRPG on the Xbox One by then.

Not necessarily. Word is that it might just be PS4 and PC, hence "first on Playstation." Or more accurately, I think it's so far off that they have no idea what platforms it's actually going to end up landing on, just that they're building it with the intention of releasing on the PS4 first and foremost.

It's still a long, long, long, long way from release, after all. Holiday 2017 seems like the absolute earliest it could possibly be, and that's assuming Square manages to go without massively fucking up somewhere in the process, something they haven't successfully done on the development of a mainline FF game since XI. 2018 or even 2019 is way more likely, and who knows if a Japanese publisher would want to even bother trying to release a huge console JRPG on the Xbox One by then.

I do really see it as PS4 first and then PC later, mainly because I could see how Sony could put a bunch of their own money directly into the development.

DopeyFish

Sorry. PS4 first is not the term used for console exclusive.

You won't hear them say Xbox One until after it launches, just like Tomb Raider and PS4.

DopeyFish

Hate to burst your bubble but...

It's like the SFV Deal. PS4 and PC Only

Jesus Christ. This is getting so ridiculous that I may have to burn a source to look into it.

Just because someone learned of the development, makes an offhand remark that doesn't line up with external messaging and people believe it?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry. PS4 first is not the term used for console exclusive.

You won't hear them say Xbox One until after it launches, just like Tomb Raider and PS4.

It's not "console exclusive" yet because it's YEARS and YEARS away. The Xbox One might literally not even be a thing anymore by the time it comes out. We're talking Square Enix time here.

Plus you can never trust Square's verbiage for shit on this kind of thing. How many years was FF XIII "only on Playstation?"

Pikma

Banned
Discussing third party exclusives PR announcements terminology?

boring.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So what XBO games have we seen gameplay for that you guys are excited about?

Forza 6 looks amazing. I was big fan of the last Tomb Raider and the new one looks fun

Need to see footage for Recore. Gears 4,.looked pretty.

Really though Halo 5 and Fallout are gonna be enough game for me this Fall.

So what XBO games have we seen gameplay for that you guys are excited about?

Halo 5 is going to be great, though the E3 stage demo was lackluster. Gears didn't look that great and so little is known on that. I've been in the Fable Legends beta since October so there was nothing new there for me.

iLLmAtlc

I'm not big on that gaf source. I kinda rmb her being wrong a few times before.

I feel like if ff7 was even close to being exclusive sony would have plastered the message everywhere. They used the term console exclusive a few times during the conference and didn't.

That tells me it's more likely timed.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Sony don't really need to buy exclusivity anyway. All the recent SE games sold like 70-85% on ps4 so it's not worth what SE would want Sony pay them.

Pikma

Banned
So Sony confirmed they're partially funding Shenmue 3? What a great way of getting free money without losing the exclusivity deal.

Sony don't really need to buy exclusivity anyway. All the recent SE games sold like 70-85% on ps4 so it's not worth what SE would want Sony pay them.
Yup, Nier 2 is PS4 exclusive and Sony didn't have anything to do with that.

Cake Boss

Banned
Forza 6 looks amazing. I was big fan of the last Tomb Raider and the new one looks fun

Need to see footage for Recore. Gears 4,.looked pretty.

Really though Halo 5 and Fallout are gonna be enough game for me this Fall.

I am convinced that if MS took a shit on a box and put it on sale, you guys will eat it up.

And Gears 4 is that. How the fuck did you find that game look good? You can't even fucking see it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I am convinced that if MS took a shit on a box and put it on sale, you guys will eat it up.

And Gears 4 is that. How the fuck did you find that game look good? You can't even fucking see it.

Wasn't much of a demo, just thought the graphics looked good. And Forza does look amazing, not sure why that means I would "eat" anything MS served me.

The Rare pirate mmo was meh.

That Gears Trailer was too fucking Dark

You're too white (for a cat).

Marvie_3

Banned
Wasn't much of a demo, just thought the graphics looked good. And Forza does look amazing, not sure why that means I would "eat" anything MS served me.

The Rare pirate mmo was meh.

You're too white (for a cat).

Its a logical assumption based on your posting history. ;)

Pikma

Banned
I feel the need to share this quote:

I think of this as Sony is a backer at the 2 million tier (or whatever they're throwing in the pot). Just like you get a physical disk, or a lunch with the creator, or a $10,000 jacket, Sony is opting for the console exclusive slot and there's only one opening.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Its a logical assumption based on your posting history. ;)

Lol

Heretic......help!

I like a lot of what MS does. If I could afford it and had time, I would get a PS4.

Also I don't think I'm that bad compared to some. I don't think I have ever used the phrase "legit shook" regarding games.

Top Bottom