• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Samyy

5 guys the Habs will target in the first round apparently

With how deep this draft is suppose to be, I'm expecting them to move down and grab two second round picks, unless Timmins really has his eye on one of those guys,

Its very likely Juulsen is available at that time but Guryanov and Eriksson Ek should be gone
Dunno about White

Hoping one of Svechnikov, Guryanov or Ek fall to the Leafs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Its very likely Juulsen is available at that time but Guryanov and Eriksson Ek should be gone
Dunno about White

Hoping one of Svechnikov, Guryanov or Ek fall to the Leafs
From what I've read, it seems like most teams have very different draft lists this year, so there's a lot of possibilities for players some teams covet to drop which is why I think Bergevin trades down for more picks since we don't have a 2nd rounder this year.

Foggy

#CBJ have signed G Curtis McElhinney to a 2-year deal. Would have been UFA on 7/1. Instead, he'll make $800K next season, $900K in 2016-17.

Good for Mac and I'm glad he gets to stick around a bit longer until Anton Forsberg is up to snuff.

Samyy

5 guys the Habs will target in the first round apparently

With how deep this draft is suppose to be, I'm expecting them to move down and grab two second round picks, unless Timmins really has his eye on one of those guys,

I dont think its that deep that those names would fall out of the first, and anything in the second, there is still a decent drop off.

Anyway, seems like expansion is definitely coming - can't wait to experience my first expansion draft!

Samyy

Hope Subby wins. He got more points than Doughboy and has a much better +/- than Pretendersson.

and has a much better +/- than Pretendersson.

+/- than Pretendersson.

facepalm01.gif

Red_Man

The protection rules from the last expansion draft were:

Either 1 goaltender, 5 defensemen, and 9 forwards
OR 2 goaltenders, 3 defensemen, and 7 forwards

If that were the case with Vegas, I'd imagine Habs would go with:

Price

Subban
Petry
Beaulieu
Tinordi
Markov

Patcioretty
Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Eller
Devante Smith Pelly
De La Rose
Plekanec
Prust
Weise

I'd be pretty pissed if they used it on Desharnais, I'm not sure how the rules apply to prospects and guys who play a certain amount of games in the NHL

Let's play this game again.

Varlamov

Johnson
Barrie
:lol

MacKinnon
Duchene
Landeskog
O'reilly
Iginla
Tanguay
McGinn
Mitchell
Everberg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm fairly certain expansion will be Quebec and Las Vegas, meaning no realignment has to happen.

Holtby

Carlson
Orlov
Alzner
Niskanen
Orpik

Ovechkin
Backstrom
Burakovsky
Kuznetsov
Wilson

Chuck Gormley ‏@ChuckGormleyCSN 17m17 minutes ago
NHL awards order: Lindsay, Selke, Norris, Adams, GM, Rocket, Clancy, Messier, Service, Ross, Calder, Vezina, Jennings, Byng, Masterton, Hart

Wasn't there a player 10 years ago who plotted a murder or something?
On April 16, 2004, two days after the Blues were eliminated from the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs by the San Jose Sharks, Danton was arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit murder. On July 16, 2004, he pled guilty to attempting to hire a hitman, who was actually a police dispatcher, to murder David Frost, his agent, and was sentenced by U.S. District Judge William Stiehl to seven-and-a-half years in a United States federal prison. To this day, however, Frost denies that he was the target. Recently, Danton has claimed that his original target was his estranged father, Steve Jefferson.
I'll refrain from commenting lest I invoke the wrath of the lurking Frey.

Montresor

The protection rules from the last expansion draft were:

If that were the case with Vegas, I'd imagine Habs would go with:

Price

Subban
Petry
Beaulieu
Tinordi
Markov

Patcioretty
Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Eller
Devante Smith Pelly
De La Rose
Plekanec
Prust
Weise

I'd be pretty pissed if they used it on Desharnais, I'm not sure how the rules apply to prospects and guys who play a certain amount of games in the NHL

Bernier

Rielly
Hanifin
Gardiner
Beaulieu (from Phaneuf trade)
Tinordi (from Phaneuf trade)

Nylander
Kadri
Gallagher (from Phaneuf trade)
Kessel
Komarov
JVR

I cant think of any other forwards that would matter.

Cake Boss

Banned
Sources say the initial ask from Giordano’s camp, headed by agent Ritch Winter, is in the neighbourhood of $9 million per season. Treliving declined to comment on that dollar value amount. Of course, the first ask is usually quite different from where the two sides eventually settle.

:O

Red_Man

I cant think of any other forwards that would matter.
That was my problem, once you get through the top 5-6 guys, you realize how average everyone else is. I could see them keeping Prust because he's good in his role, and everyone on the team seems to love him, and Weise is a pretty great 3rd / 4th liner. I'm not sure if prospects who've played in the NHL are vulnerable or if they need to play say 40 games or something like that.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Lack
Markstrom/Miller

Edler
Hamhuis
Tanev

Sedin
Sedin
Vrbata
Higgins
Bonino
Hansen
Burrows/Vey/Matthias

assuming rookies & ELC-players don't count, same as last time

I'd honestly rather protect one of Markstrom/Miller than protect Bieksa/Stanton and the other 2 of Burrows/Vey/Matthias...

Montresor

That was my problem, once you get through the top 5-6 guys, you realize how average everyone else is. I could see them keeping Prust because he's good in his role, and everyone on the team seems to love him, and Weise is a pretty great 3rd / 4th liner. I'm not sure if prospects who've played in the NHL are vulnerable or if they need to play say 40 games or something like that.

Well shoot, I was hoping you'd get angry at my proposed Phaneuf trade.

Cake Boss

Banned

Lehner :)lol)

Norrisson
Methot
Ceci
Weidcock
Wikstrand

Ryan
Turris
Stone
Zibby
MyLiege
Hoffman
Lazar
Pageau
Puempel

17-18 the earliest point in time they'd add an expansion team, that's actually pretty surprising. I was expecting 16-17 with the timetable of when Vegas/Quebec arenas will be ready.

A www yussssss 3v3 Dream is real!

Edit: did I scoop this?

Bettman: Rule changes approved. 3 on 3 OT for 5 minutes, Coaches' challenge on goalie int and offside goals, faceoff rule.

Edit2: nope

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 42s42 seconds ago

Quebecor will apply for an expansion team in Quebec city. League will decide after. #tvasports #nhl
That was quick. Looking forward to seeing dem Nordiques jerseys again.

Red_Man

17-18 the earliest point in time they'd add an expansion team, that's actually pretty surprising. I was expecting 16-17 with the timetable of when Vegas/Quebec arenas will be ready.
They're probably just saying that to give them some room in case things don't work out, rather then make a claim for 16-17 and then not being able to follow up.

They're probably just saying that to give them some room in case things don't work out, rather then make a claim for 16-17 and then not being able to follow up.

That very well could be, but then they'd have to go back on what they claimed.Though they could always just say, "The process went better than anticipated."

Top Bottom