• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:O I just got it from the twitter people.
It's not going to be a satisfactory deal, there's no question," Murray said following the general managers' meeting Tuesday. "I'm not going to get what I think I should get"

"With Bishop, we knew exactly what we had … a great guy, a good goaltender, he played terrific for us, We had three goaltenders and we had no choice. We have three goaltenders now and we have to make a change.

But whatever guy you move has a great value. Hammond came in and played great, Robin is a young guy that hasn't really had the net to himself and Craig Anderson is proven to be a very good goaltender in the NHL. So whatever move I make, in two years you guys can write, 'How dumb could Murray have been to make that deal?' That's what it is."
He really is senile, he's just hurting himself by saying these things. Keeping Hammond over Lehner is absolutely hilarious as a rival fan, and pleases me to no end. He hasn't proven jack shit besides a random hot streak.

CIRnWZyUwAArUWY.jpg

He already knows its gonna be a stupid trade. He just won't stop himself from doing it.
Lololololol that is incredible.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 6m6 minutes ago

LA's Martin Jones remains a prime trade target on the goalie market. Moving him east sounds like preferred option for Kings brass. #TSN
47 retweets 39 favorites

What a time to be buying for a future goalie. Tallon has said he wants to address the future goaltending, so I can see him after Jones or even Lack.

Wasn't Conacher a pretty well-regarded prospect when he was acquired?

But yea, stupid Murray keeping the Sens competitive on a 50m salary budget.

Jill SorensonVerified account
‏@JillCSN
Just spoke w/ Joel Ward's agent Peter Cooney. They are seeking 4 yrs or longer deal, Caps have not met that term length yet. #CapitalsTalk

Born: December 2, 1980 (age 34), North York, Toronto

Oh my.

Merguson

Banned
Canadiens are the only team that didn't release their home opener.

They're being relocated. Confirmed.

EDIT: They just did. Relocation dead.

Our home opener is against the Rags? That's fine.

I just Realised The Habs and Bruins Winter Classic is next season hopefully we get that Documentary stuff like they did last year with the previous winter classic

Red_Man

TVA saying that Timmins wants Joel Eriksson Ek is he's available at the Habs pick. What's the report on him besides the fact he's a tall center?

TVA saying that Timmins wants Joel Eriksson Ek is he's available at the Habs pick. What's the report on him besides the fact he's a tall center?

The son of Clas Eriksson, a 13 year veteran in the Swedish elite league, finished the season strongly for Farjestad in the SHL, his father's youth club and hometown.. gaining valuable experience against better, older competion - posted the most points of any under 18 eligible player (34-2-4-6).. led the SuperElit junior team with 21 goals in only 25 games (25-21-11-32)... turned in a great performance at the U18 World Championships leading the Swedish team with five goals (5-5-1-6) and tying for the lead in points... a big, rangy, all-purpose player used on special teams, critical situations and key face-offs... a hard working team player with a high hockey IQ - plays with remarkable maturity for his age, always calm and in control - not overly skilled with the puck but handles it soft and smoothly, never rushing a decision or panicking... tall upright skater with decent agility must continue to progress - foot speed and strength will need to fill in more and become more coordinated - footwork seems to lose momentum coming out of a sharp 18--degree turn... stride is shorter and forced, feet spray out during accelerate, yet generates good speed due largely to his effort level and body length... a dangerous net-front operator with great hand/eye co-ordination... generates impressive velocity on his wrist-shot with an economical and sharp release.... determined coming back and diligent defensively... astute and brave-shot blocker - knows how to use body and positions himself intelligently... uses his stick effectively to block lanes and find stout positioning to make critical clears in front of the net... a project that is still developing and filling out - improvements in skating could go far to unleash his offensive potential.

GettyImages-476139044.0.0.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Home opener against the Rags gets me all hot and bothered.

Hold up? It's a back-to-back?!

Yup, home and home right off the bat. Pretty sweet.

Next season begins the way the last one should have ended. Alternate universe Stanley Cup Final, Rangers vs. Blackhawks.

Red_Man

PK was doing a Q&A for Samsung and this was one of the questions that came up:

If you would be an animal what would it be? #wthwasthatquestion @PKSubban1 @SamsungCanada #ClosertoPK

His reponse:

does this question include dinosaurs? #indominusrex -pk #ClosertoPK

:lol Love it

Curufinwe

http://canucksarmy.com/2015/6/22/nation-network-prospect-profiles-17-lawson-crouse

How can a player that looks this good when you watch him, a player that scouts rave about, and was good enough to earn an invite to Team Canada's World Junior Team at 17 not manage to fill the net at a more frequent pace in the OHL? As usual, the answer can be found at CHLstats.com. We can see that the Kingston Frontenacs had the second lowest shooting percentage in the OHL (8.2% vs league average of 10.5%) and fourth lowest goals per game in the OHL (2.9 goals/game vs league average 3.5 goals/game). Without their top player, Sam Bennett, for much of the season, the Frontenac's offense was completely anemic, although Crouse produced a very high percentage of his teams total point, 29.8%, which is 6th highest among 17 year-old OHLers.

Clearly, Crouse's offensive totals were impacted by being on a team that only managed 2.9 goals/game, and this should be considered when comparing him to players like Dylan Strome and Mitchell Marner whose team's averaged 4.9 and 4.25 goals/game respectively.

Looking at the close comparables to Crouse, both at his actual scoring rate as well as his adjusted rates, is also pretty interesting. Names like Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Rick Nash, Gary Roberts, Ryan Johanson, Patrice Bergeron, and Nathan Horton were all reasonably close comparables to Crouse at one point or another in their junior careers.

While there are a number of really good players to choose in the first round of this draft, in my view Crouse should be mentioned among the top options available in the middle of the first round. To paraphrase Chris Edwards, I'd think you'd have to be nuts to discount Crouse's potential without fully considering the factors that drove his less than inspiring point totals this season.

Red_Man

5 guys the Habs will target in the first round apparently

White, Eriksson-Ek, sculpin, Juulsen and Gurianov
With how deep this draft is suppose to be, I'm expecting them to move down and grab two second round picks, unless Timmins really has his eye on one of those guys,

Top Bottom