• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
#Canucks have inquired about Lucic. Probably 25 other teams have, too. Bruins could ransom him or keep Lucic despite Cap crunch.

m2LroTv.png
m2LroTv.png
m2LroTv.png

Defenseman Mike Green and center Eric Fehr will not be returning to the Capitals next season and will test the unrestricted free agent market on July 1, the agent for both players told CSNwashington.com on Thursday

;_;

iLLmAtlc

Kinda stinks green doesn't put up insane numbers anymore. I still think his 31 goals/73 pt season was one of 2-3 greatest offensive achievements in cap era.

Fei

edit: I'm really sick of the WGR (buffalo sports radio) guys talking about trading for RoR with the money he seems to be wanting. They keep talking about how it would take Reinheart and Zadoraov and how that would be a good trade. NO THANK YOU.

Agreed. I really don't like the idea of moving Reinhart in particular. He's gonna be a stud. If Zadorov ever realizes this is a job that matters, he could be a great #2. I like ROR a lot, but I wouldn't want to trade foundational players considering the contract headache he's going to be.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
See you, Bieksa.

If we get Lucic, Miller will want out. So there's a silver lining there.

:lol I can imagine the discussion

"Hey Ryan, can you please submit a list of teams"
"Fuck no I wanna stay here"
"We'll trade for Lucic otherwise"
"..... Please not Edmonton"

wait how was Mark Stone able to sign his new contract with his SHATTERED wrist?

:lol out of left field

Agreed. I really don't like the idea of moving Reinhart in particular. He's gonna be a stud. If Zadorov ever realizes this is a job that matters, he could be a great #2. I like ROR a lot, but I wouldn't want to trade foundational players considering the contract headache he's going to be.

The WGR guys seem to be obsessed with trading away Reinheart/Zadoraov (i probably mispelled both of those lol) and draft picks to be a contender this year it seems like. I'm fine w/ the slow build picking off a guy every so often but not overpaying. And I'm even more skeptical if they don't have some assurance from RoR before a trade.

iLLmAtlc

Iuno watching by itself isn't that helpful either IMO. Everyone has biases and misses stuff. Especially when people are discussing online it's always my observation versus yours, who do you believe lol.

iLLmAtlc

Just one bad example of "watch da games"

If Vancouver never kept a single amateur scout on staff, never paid any attention to junior hockey anywhere in the world, never watched a single game, never did any in-depth research, never prepared for the draft for more than three hours each year, and simply took the next highest scoring CHL forward with every selection they had, they would have drafted over 4000 more games of future NHL experience, nearly 1000 more goals, and over 1500 more assists than they did under the Ron Delorme regime. Vancouver's scouting since 2000 has not just been useless, it's been a cataclysmic failure on all fronts, and probably the single largest reason why the Canucks have not been able to accrue enough assets to build a perennial Stanley Cup contender.

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/5/20/we-think-the-vancouver-canucks-may-have-a-scouting-problem

Lol nucks but these are all professional scouts who specialize in watching the game, have all the tape at their disposal. To me it kinda shows how flawed the scouting process is and how your owe biases lead you astray. One example in the article is Burke drafted somebody with 4 points in 131 games and 1000 penalty minutes. Gotta get that truculence.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just one bad example of "watch da games"

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/5/20/we-think-the-vancouver-canucks-may-have-a-scouting-problem

Lol nucks but these are all professional scouts who specialize in watching the game, have all the tape at their disposal. To me it kinda shows how flawed the scouting process is and how your owe biases lead you astray. One example in the article is Burke drafted somebody with 4 points in 131 games and 1000 penalty minutes. Gotta get that truculence.

Pretty sure this is the same for every team :lol

Top Bottom