• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Foggy

Sam-Wolfe-Connelly-The-Thing-Poster-Mondo-2015.jpg

I was able to snag Mondo's new print for The Thing. Today's off to a good start!

zroid

Banned
Well, Statsny got $7M for 4 years in St. Louis.

I think $7Mx4 might be OK for ROR. x8 is crazy talk though.

he is very good... but as the HERO chart above suggests, he's not really a "star" whom you should offer big money-max term. a 2nd line / 1st line tweener.

I think $7Mx4 might be OK for ROR. x8 is crazy talk though.

he is very good... but as the HERO chart above suggests, he's not really a "star" whom you should offer big money-max term. a 2nd line / 1st line tweener.

That's pretty much the marketplace right now though.

There's talk that Stamkos might be the highest paid player in the league which is nuts D:

Like what is Voracek going to go for?

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
He'll be a 25-year-old free agent in a year.

Look at what Phaneuf, Ryan, Clarkson, Orpik, Niskanen, Stastny got.

Also:

CIW6JkNWwAAPqwq.png

I like O'Reilly, but for that type of money you need to be the best player on your team. He's not even the best player on the Avs. Comparing him against several poor contracts, like Phaneuf, Clarkson, etc, doesn't exactly prove he's worth what he's asking.

Sexy advanced stats, though.

That's pretty much the marketplace right now though.

There's talk that Stamkos might be the highest paid player in the league which is nuts D:

Like what is Voracek going to go for?

A 25 year old with two Richard trophies who just captained his team to the Stanley Cup Finals? If not him, who?

I really don't think 7.5 is too egregious for O'reilly. His two-way game is fantastic and he can net the puck. Problem is we have to re-sign Johnson, Barrie and MacKinnon next year and fix our defense. It's nothing about an internal budget, that doesn't exist as they offered Stastny more than what Duchene/ROR makes last off season. They are going to be a cap team with or without O'reilly there's probably just not room for him.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
With how much of a crapshoot even top prospects are in the NHL, I can't believe anyone would want to trade to that #3 spot to take Hanifin.

I actually wouldn't mind picking up ROR. Depending on who falls I could go with trading #11 and a D prospect like McCoshen. Trade for him then sign him for 8 years, having him on 2nd with Pirri and Bjugs makes sense. Plenty of money coming off the books over the next few years along extensions for Pirri-Hubey-Barkov-Kuli-Guds-Ekblad. Should be able to fit.

Update: Stoll's felony charges got reduced to misdemeanors. Voynov is officially suspend which opens up some cap room.

Did the NHL really change the faceoff rules?

Foggy

Damien Cox saying CBJ are hoping Anisimov, Rychel, and #8 can snag #3 from Yotes. I love Arty but he's an RFA who isn't getting resigned. I would much rather part with a pick and Wild Bill in place of Rychel.

Samyy

I'm surprised Stalberg didn't get picked up, he's pretty good at suppressing shots against, I think he's a decent bottom 6 option.

Samyy

Do the Leafs prefer Strome or Hanafin?

Does it even matter at this stage?

I can't really have a strong opinion since I haven't seen either play but I would prefer the forward in a top 5 pick scenario.

I think Provorov thing is a bit of a smokescreen to get Columbus to move up.

He'll be a 25-year-old free agent in a year.

Look at what Phaneuf, Ryan, Clarkson, Orpik, Niskanen, Stastny got.

Also:

CIW6JkNWwAAPqwq.png

Can someone explain this to me?

edit: I'm really sick of the WGR (buffalo sports radio) guys talking about trading for RoR with the money he seems to be wanting. They keep talking about how it would take Reinheart and Zadoraov and how that would be a good trade. NO THANK YOU.

Samyy

Can someone explain this to me?

Sure, these are usage adjusted graphs, taking into account the persons quality of teammates, competition, zone-starts, etc.

Basically
CF/60 = corsi for per 60 minutes
FF/60 = fenwick for per 60 minutes

So he generates shots at a 2nd line level in comparison to all forwards in the league.

CA/60
FF/60

Same as above except these are measuring shots against basically, and surpresses shots against at a fringe 1st line level comparing his numbers to the rest of the leagues forwards.

His goals, assists, and points per 60 minutes are at a first liner level in comparison to forwards in the league.

Basically he's a fringe 1st line centre.

Top Bottom