• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Well now I have to watch this show to figure out what this means.
I tried to find the scene online, but I couldn't. There's only 8 episodes in the first season and 10 in the second and they're each like 28 minutes long. Seeing as you marathon Masterchef, this would be a breeze.

Hamhuis can do two things that Bieksa can't:

1) Net a good return
2) lead the drive for 9th

In their mind they're not ready to dismantle the team and trading Hamhuis would be a big move toward that.

At the 2016 deadline? Not necessarily. Hamhuis is no spring chicken. If his performance drops, it doesn't matter when you trade him, he'll get less.

Hamhuis provides that "veteran leadership" and is better than Bieksa, plus he plays on the left (Corrado and Clendening are right-handed). True, he could run into health/fatigue problems between now and the 2016 deadline, but he'll be a pending UFA with plenty of playoff experience and a gold medal. Teams paid a first for Sekera, Coburn, Perron, and Vermette.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I tried to find the scene online, but I couldn't. There's only 8 episodes in the first season and 10 in the second and they're each like 28 minutes long. Seeing as you marathon Masterchef, this would be a breeze.

30 minute episodes? That's nothing. If there is one thing I can do it's marathon TV shows.

eyeless

i hate the dumb chl, if we get marner it's annoying we'll have to wait so long to see him and nylander on the same team, imagine if one of them plays center, same line
pqTrnaH.png

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Well now I have to watch this show to figure out what this means.

Oh yeah you should definitely watch the show. It's pretty funny and very in tune with today's technology :)

Guys this is how bored I am now. Why am I talking about Silicon Valley the day before the darn draft ? Where are the trades ?

Socreges

Banned
Why are you always such a dick to me anyways? For some reason there about three people in this topic (yourself included) who constantly respond to my posts with dismissive, condescending and mean comments. Stop it. I'm not going to lie and say I don't have a number of low quality posts in these topics, but I'm still a member of the community and I don't deserve to put up with your shit. Knock it off.
Word

Why are you always such a dick to me anyways? For some reason there about three people in this topic (yourself included) who constantly respond to my posts with dismissive, condescending and mean comments. Stop it. I'm not going to lie and say I don't have a number of low quality posts in these topics, but I'm still a member of the community and I don't deserve to put up with your shit. Knock it off.

Cake boss is an ass to everyone.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think that might be the most Tabris thing I've read in this thread not posted by Tabris

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So the coyotes responded

http://coyotes.nhl.com/v2/ext/docs/ICEARIZONA_6-25.pdf

Like wow... exhibit B (last page) is a terrible exhibit. Do they honestly think that by sending that email, it removes the conflict of interest?

They didn't show an e-mail with the city saying "sure thing, no problem! Conflict of interest is waived!"

Basically.. the coyotes are crying to the judge

You're right...LOL at that last email.

Anderson expects to be traded to Edmonton.

Kevin Woodley
‏@KevinisInGoal
Player often in dark on own fate so grain of salt but Craig Anderson telling people expects to go to EDM is interesting #MusicalChairGoalies

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 8m8 minutes ago
Good morning. Word today is Kevin Bieksa has informed VAN he would accept a trade to SJ. Now up to the teams to work out a deal.

Doug Wilson has gone senile.

Curufinwe

Cute story about Simon Gagne's draft day in 98. He was eventually taken by Philly at #22.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/2015-NHL-Draft-Day-1-Philadelphia-Flyers/45/69539

On the weekend of the 1998 Draft, a well-regarded center for the Quebec Remparts went out to dinner with his family. The Remparts' general manager stopped by to chat with the player's father, who was himself a former hockey player before becoming a police officer in Quebec City.

The GM delivered the family some news. He told the player's father he had just spoken with two highly influential scouts for the Montreal Canadiens, who owned the 16th pick of the first round, about the results of their final pre-Draft meeting. The scouts told him that the Habs planned to select the young man from his team's junior program, whom Central Scouting and The Hockey News had rated in the mid-to-late first round range, with its first round pick.

Driving back to their hotel after dinner, the family turned on the radio to a sports news and talk station. In the course of discussing various hockey topics, a sports reporter said he was hearing the Habs were going to select the young francophone player with its first-round pick.

Draft day arrives. The first 15 picks are made. The family, especially the young draft hopeful, are expectant as the Montreal Canadiens approach the podium to bilingually make their first selection.

Says Habs general manager Rejean Houle, "The Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from the Quebec Remparts...."

The young player, whose name is Simon Gagne, grips the sides of his chair and starts to rise ever so slightly as Houle briefly pauses for dramatic effect.

".... Eric Chouinard," Houle says.

Gagne slumps back in his chair. He is too stunned to be happy for his Remparts teammate.

Top Bottom