• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Silexx

Man, O'Connor and Hammond better be capable NHL goalies in the future. I'm ok with riding Anderson right now, but he is on the decline here.

Yeah I rather the Avs pay ROR 7.5 than Soderberg 4.75 AAV. :/

I do not agree. I'm not happy with the Soderberg deal but I do like the mobility it gives us when we dump the O'Reilly mess on someone else while maintaining some semblance of center depth. What it's really going to come down to is the return on O'Reilly.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Not gonna lie, this can come back to bite us in the ass hard like Bishop. Atleast we get a 1st rounder this time instead of Cory Conacher. I feel confident about the Sens drafting.

Off year for Lehner last season, but he has potential.

I guess that's an acceptable spelling of phaneuf

giphy.gif

dem

@KatieStrangESPN
Calgary seems the most likely destination for Cam Talbot at this point but situation remains fluid. Other teams still showing interest

yyzjohn

Banned
Don Cherry posting walls of text on Twitter.

Some highlites:

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 46m46 minutes ago
8) The Leafs have no choice but to pick Hanifin. Why you ask? The Leafs have Connor Brown, the OHL’s leading scorer in 2013-14. He had a 9) good year with the Marlies but he’s small. If you remember last year, Leafs passed on my favourite guy Nick Ritchie 6’2” 230 pounds, a 10) standout in the Memorial Cup, instead taking a small Swede Nylander. They say he’s a good player but just didn’t show it with the 11) Marlies. So you see, even though Marner is available the Leafs can’t have small prospects. It’s funny how one draft leafs to another.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m 5 minutes ago
NYR have offer(s) of two second-round picks for Cam Talbot. Waiting to see if they can increase that yield. CGY, EDM, DAL amongst suitors.
Meh. First or nothing, I say. I mean, you can definitely build for the future quite nicely in this year's 2nd round, but this team's time to win is now. If we can't get a really stupidly BIG return, I'd rather just take advantage of having Cam Talbot as our backup again.

Meanwhile:
6/26/15 | 10:06AM: Peter Chiarelli said on TSN1260 that he will not be trading the 16th overall pick for a goalie.
That would seem to take the Oilers out of the running.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gotta work all day, and I'm out tonight. Hopefully Bergevin can pull something out of his ass and move Emelin or something like that.

Heard there are serious character issues with Lehner and the Sens had enough of his crap.

He is fat and lazy and possibly milked his concussion as an excuse. This sort of thing happened in the AHL too.

Him and MacArthur collided and yet my liege came back much sooner for the playoffs but Lehner was mysteriously absent.

Kind of Tyler Seguin situation although Lehner's potential in the NHL is far more unclear.

Top Bottom