• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Cake Boss

Banned
SensChirp @SensChirp
We shouldn't have to wait much longer for goalie trade. Contact described it as 'close' last night. Shocked if it doesn't happen today #Sens

League sources say the asking price Lehner is two high draft picks (in the first two rounds) in the annual crapshoot

Apparently the slugs are the frontrunner.

Wouldn't mind getting their 31st and 51st pick plus dumping Greenings contract on them for Franchise goalie.

Pikma

Banned
I really wonder where Enroth will end up this season, he said he wanted to look for a place where he could be a starter more regularly but I have no idea where that could be. Hope he finds it, he deserves it.

yyzjohn

Banned
Mckenzie said he was just speculating as well

I believe they'll be busy but they aren't signing big time guys, they want bodies, aka Santorelli and Winnik types.

After all the talk from Shanahan and all the firings right down to the scout level, I can't imagine they'd suddenly change path and start going after "big game". They'd have a hell of a lot of explaining to do if they suddenly changed course.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
After all the talk from Shanahan and all the firings right down to the scout level, I can't imagine they'd suddenly change path and start going after "big game". They'd have a hell of a lot of explaining to do if they suddenly changed course.

Shanahan has never said they're rebuilding

yyzjohn

Banned
Shanahan has never said they're rebuilding

Shanahan said:
They understand there are no shortcuts. Shortcuts have gotten this organization into trouble in the past. This has to once and for all be a build that we are committed to and we don’t stray from.

Shanahan said:
The truth of the matter is . . . it takes as long as it takes,” he said. “Whether people have the patience for that or not, in my opinion you don’t deviate from the vision.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...to-stick-to-plan-for-as-long-as-it-takes.html

zroid

Banned
It is interesting that Soderberg is getting nearly 5 mil, but they wouldn't pay ROR.

Either the Avs don't realize how much better ROR is than Soderberg, or they are 100% committed to Duchene and MacKinnon down the middle now.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

He's referring to management side.

What the Leafs did before was trade talent for short term success, make terrible draft selections and failed to develop talent.

Yes, they're willing to trade players. But only if it makes sense.

So if we can pair kessel and phaneuf in a deal or retain to gain... we'll do that.

Just look at it like the leafs have plans, and few players on the roster are expected to stay leafs throughout their contract term. Edmonton is a big example of what not to do in a rebuild.

It is interesting that Soderberg is getting nearly 5 mil, but they wouldn't pay ROR.

Either the Avs don't realize how much better ROR is than Soderberg, or they are 100% committed to Duchene and MacKinnon down the middle now.
#2. And we want to sign a defenseman. And the well is just poisoned with O'Reilly

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
pleasedontdoanythingstupidhexypleasedontdoanythingstupidhexy pleasedontdoanythingstupidhexypleasedontdoanythingstupidhexy pleasedontdoanythingstupidhexypleasedontdoanythingstupidhexy pleasedontdoanythingstupidhexy

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2h 2 hours ago

Goalie trade mark percolating but with multiple teams in on NYR Cam Talbot, sense is that deal needs to happen for others to follow.
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2h 2 hours ago

All those teams also monitoring negotiations for pending UFA G Devan Dubnyk and MIN. In any case, Talbot deal likely catalyst for run on Gs.

So basically we're cockblocking trades for the entire league. Love it.

Silexx

Garrioch is saying Lehner to Sabres. Legwand part of deal too.

In the end, can't say I'm surprised that Murray has to turn to his nephew to do him a solid.

Cake Boss

Banned
So they are hoping to ride the Andy dick the next 2 years then OConnor will be ready to make the jump then one of Hogberg or Dreiser will back up.

So they are hoping to ride the Andy dick the next 2 years then OConnor will be ready to make the jump then one of Hogberg or Dreiser will back up.

eLlIJQu.jpg

Fei

I mean, I like the idea of Lehner, but a first for him? And David fucking Legwand? Waiting to hear this isn't true. Please.

Silexx

I mean, I like the idea of Lehner, but a first for him? And David fucking Legwand? Waiting to hear this isn't true. Please.

I just realized that my post may have made it seem like it was a done deal, so I'll just point to Cake Boss who did qualify that it was only 'apparently close'.

Garrioch is plugged in, though so he is legit when reporting this. But I also wonder if he's putting it out there as a last ditch effort to get another team to bite as a favor for Bryan Murray.

Edit: and now Shane Prince might get thrown in the deal as well.

Top Bottom