• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Here's some reassurance:

h518ZsX.jpg

I'll Trust in Timmins

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Very happy with Boeser. Would love to see Vancouver pick up a couple of early-mid seconds tomorrow—Roy, Merkley, Bracco, Pilon, Sprong, or even Harkins would be nice additions. Lot of talent left.

zroid

Banned

dem

The guys available in the second are shocking.

Good thing we sent 33 for griffin motherfucking reinhart

Gah

Yeah that's what I was talking about earlier. Since they didn't feel strongly about anyone they're maximizing value based on probability of success.

Seems that way, though it's kind of a change from their talk of going for a "home run" pick here. Having more chances to pick is nice though to try to kick start a rebuild without starting with a lot of prospects.

Well, that was a fun first round to watch, lots of trades and some crazy off-the-board picks and players slipping, didn't see the mini-orgasms I expected from Pierre, but still good fun.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Because I missed it earlier re : Hamilton trade

ck0slb0.gif

4sJ87aM.gif

ck0slb0.gif

Watching Boston crumble is amazing, what a fucking fleece. Amazing, literally made my draft day.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Boeser...

Good pick?

Great pick.

From The Hockey Writers:

Born in Minnesota, Boeser verbally committed to Wisconsin originally, before retracting it and signing a letter of intent with North Dakota. He’s not a scrawny 6’1″ – he’s a muscular 6’1″. Sturdy on his skates, Boeser has outstanding balance and skating legs. In the offensive zone he’s a menace on the scoresheet. It’s as if he’s one step ahead of the defenders – both mentally and skill wise. He will wait for his shot before unleashing a devastating wrister. If he can’t find an open lane to shoot, Boeser isn’t afraid to drive the net for a scoring chance.

If you plan on trying to take the puck away from him I wish you the best of luck. He keeps the puck in close, and with his wider frame, knocking him over isn’t the easiest of tasks. Boeser can play a solid two-way game and has great puck pursuit, but he’s looked more for his scoring touch than his defensive play. Boeser has one of the strongest lower bodies for his size, and while he can skate well, his acceleration might need some work. Not that he isn’t a talented prospect already, but when he gets that extra boost in breakaway speed, he could potentially be deadly.

I have faith that the Leafs know what they're doing, and that trading down was wise. Maybe we'll luck out for once and get one of those later pick gems.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
f26cf43b358f91a332523843336ba63b-5457ef97eabee-thumbnail.jpg

Look at this Stud

Wow he is handsome

And he's Canadian
Plays with Scherbak too, Bergevin said they saw a lot of him from watching Scherbak this season. Seems like a safe pick, sounded like there were some good risk forward picks available though. Trust in Timmins.

:'D

you were sorely missed when that went down

too bad Sanjuro's still banned
I was at work all day, it was killing me. Next year I definitely need to take draft day off. I need to hear Sanjuro's bullshit spin on this.

Top Bottom