• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Pikma

Banned
my room was like a Sauna

it's now reaching somewhat-acceptable levels

dude it's humid as fuck over here and 30+C/85+F

just bought one fuck yessssss
Holy shit how do you guys survive without AC then? Humidity is the fucking worst

Come to SD and you'll never look back, the perfect weather.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
*looks at vancouver weather for today*

what the shit guys

that's like an average summer day in toronto lol

just wait until you experience 42-44° humidex

it's like walking outside into hot jello

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In Minnesota, from about late may-early october, the humidity never dips below 328%. AC is a must here.

it's raining three times at the same time?

what the shit guys

34 degrees is pretty fucking hot for Vancouver and I live in a top floor apartment that faces the sun. it's like I'm being slowcooked

RC

Banned

what the shit guys

I hate the fucking summer. Anyone who tells me how nice it is outside is getting punched in the mouth.

Canada needs a few more Sinclairs.

Damn straight! There's still hope.

Pikma

Banned
In Minnesota, from about late may-early october, the humidity never dips below 328%. AC is a must here.
:lol are you sure you aren't living underwater?

Some of my family lives in a city called El Centro, two hours from here, and for some dumb reason family reunions sometimes end up being there

Screenshot_2015-06-27-17-11-12.png

It's like visiting hell, I fucking hate it, not even Dallas is that hot.

So did you guys know that Carolina got James Wisniewski?

True story.

Yup, replaces Sekera. Anaheim gets to shed $5.5 in cap space to use for Hagelin and Beauchemin. Wish the Wiz played more games this year for Anaheim

Holy shit how do you guys survive without AC then? Humidity is the fucking worst

Come to SD and you'll never look back, the perfect weather.

SD is the best city for weather. Also not terribly overpopulated. Carne asada fries and California burritos. Hot women. Phil's BBQ

Also San Diego Gulls.

What exactly happened between him and Boudreau/the rest of the team? We got him for basically nothing.

They intended for him to be a key piece for the playoff run, but Pittsburgh traded Despres to Anaheim and had instant chemistry with Cam Fowler. Boudreau had Despres pegged as the 7th defenseman but played too well not to be used with Fowler. Wisniewski is a good defenseman but also came in hampered by an ankle injury. He didn't quite work out with Fowler or Stoner or any of the defenseman really. Tried a bunch of pairings.

In the playoffs Anaheim went with the 3 pairings that have worked best and that left Wisniewski out. He was a pro though and didn't complain, even helped with the coaching staff on the power play.

Also Beauchemin is a free agent and the team wants him back which would take some money so this deal was made to free up cap space and have room to sign Hagelin, Beauchemin, and get a goalie that is probably better than what we attempted last year when we had Labarbera and Bryzgalov in case of injury.

So just the situation with payroll and Despres emerging so fast. Nothing much more than that.

Hopefully he plays top 4 minutes in Carolina and contributes!

Yup, replaces Sekera. Anaheim gets to shed $5.5 in cap space to use for Hagelin and Beauchemin. Wish the Wiz played more games this year for Anaheim

SD is the best city for weather. Also not terribly overpopulated. Carne asada fries and California burritos. Hot women. Phil's BBQ

Also San Diego Gulls.

Bro u forgot fish tacos. That place in OB, goddamn..

Can't wait till I move there, in Portland today it's 99 degrees and humidity is at 40, it's fucking miserable

soccer is over. draft is over.

what am I supposed to do now? Watch the fucking pan am games?!

Remember to follow the helpful tips along the 401, such as avoid rush hour traffic.

This was the first draft I tried to pay attention to, even though I really didn't follow many players and just focused on web updates. A lot more wheeling and dealing than I expected!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No idea who any of the picks from today are, some of them seem off the board, but I trust Timmins to do his job. Sounds like the Leafs did really good too, which is bad.

Doesn't sound like the Habs will be active on Sharp, etc:
A lot of Habs fans freaking out over this, I laugh because when is the last time Bergevin said anything we didn't already know? He always makes the most plain, blanket statements. I have a really hard time believing he's not going out for a winger, I'm not sure what people expect him to say, "I really need a scoring winger, please come fleece me".

Pikma

Banned
soccer is over. draft is over.

what am I supposed to do now? Watch the fucking pan am games?!
Wait, there was interesting soccer today? Copa America, I guess? Or did that end already?

Also San Diego Gulls.

Bro u forgot fish tacos. That place in OB, goddamn..

Can't wait till I move there, in Portland today it's 99 degrees and humidity is at 40, it's fucking miserable
You guys like ceviche? Because we got that too and it's fucking delicious.

Come, everyone! Just don't forget to bring your own water.

Giggzy

Wait, Paul MacLean is going to be appointed the new Asst. Coach for the Ducks?

Interesting. Hopefully that doesn't give Brucie boy more pressure.

No idea who any of the picks from today are, some of them seem off the board, but I trust Timmins to do his job. Sounds like the Leafs did really good too, which is bad.

A lot of Habs fans freaking out over this, I laugh because when is the last time Bergevin said anything we didn't already know? He always makes the most plain, blanket statements. I have a really hard time believing he's not going out for a winger, I'm not sure what people expect him to say, "I really need a scoring winger, please come fleece me".
I wonder who will be our Rentals this trade deadline. I trust Bergevin. He's probably trying to get something going by trade deadline.

Curufinwe

The weather on the east coast is too hot and humid for me so I'd never move anywhere warmer. Eventually I'll go back to the mild New Zealand weather.

Top Bottom