• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Washington Capitals ‏@washcaps 11m11 minutes ago
BREAKING NEWS: #Caps have re-signed Jay Beagle to a 3-year contract. RT to congratulate Beags! http://capitalstoday.monumentalnetwork.com/2015/06/29/capitals-re-sign-jay-beagle

@alex_prewitt: Jay Beagle's contract carries an annual cap hit of $1.75 million. Making $1.45 million in 2015-16, $1.75 in 16-17 and 17-18, per @VogsCaps.

Beagle!

beagle.0.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that better than what Edmonton offered?

That's why Florida thought they were getting him. :D

There are only two problems with it, though: 1) Hayes is an RFA who would have probably cost at least as much as Talbot's contract did while still leaving the goalie spot open, and 2) Florida is in the East, Edmonton is in the West.

Cake Boss

Banned
I can see Bran Morray signing P.A Parenteau.

Hes a local guy, could be had for cheap, fits the top 6 forward mantra, and he tried to sign him a couple of years ago.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kessel planning to work out with Gary Roberts in July.

You bitches gonna be humbled real soon by the new svelt Phil Kessel!

zroid

Banned
That's why Florida thought they were getting him. :D

There are only two problems with it, though: 1) Hayes is an RFA who would have probably cost at least as much as Talbot's contract did while still leaving the goalie spot open, and 2) Florida is in the East, Edmonton is in the West.

Makes sense, didn't know Jimmy was up for a new contract.

It's always fun when brothers get to play together though :(

Pikma

Banned
Fuck me is this a nightmare? 10+ millions and no guarantee of good goaltending, what the fuck is happening?

The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that they want to get rid of Lehtonen in the not-so-distant future.

wow, didn't even know that was a thing. I wonder what reasoning they have. Must be bad.

I guess this saves LA from paying him money or having it hit against the cap.

I guess Mike Richards wasn't cut out for the Ilya Bryzgalov lifestyle.

calder

They must have something concrete. Maybe a drug test failure? Those aren't made public unless it's PED related right?

It can't just be "he promised he'd work out in the summer".

Top Bottom