• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Jblanks

From HF:

cUHmdE8.gif

Fei

Could you please post the write up Pronman had for the Wild?

Really debating whether or not to spring and just get the insider access thing.

There was some ESPN magazine subscription deal where I got 4 years for $15 which includes Insider. I don't think it's really worth much more than that. Sometimes it's handy:

Organizational assessment: The Wild's draft was up-and-down for me. Joel Eriksson Ek and Jordan Greenway went slightly higher than I'd take them, but I also really liked the value on picks such as Kirill Kaprizov and Gustav Bouramann.

Top pick: Eriksson Ek is a very versatile player and is a low-risk type of prospect. Eriksson Ek's hockey IQ is his best trait.

I wouldn't classify him as a dominant player, but whether he's playing in front of the net on the power play, creating from the side boards, killing off penalties, checking good players, taking a key draw or being the extra man when the team needs a goal, coaches always can rely on Eriksson Ek. His puck skills are solid, and his skating is about average, with his straight-line speed being stronger than his edges and bursts.

I discussed the fit of Eriksson Ek in Minny in my mock draft (at least I got one right this late in the game). He's a very good two-way player who fits into the design of the highly skilled young players Minnesota has acquired over the years. He can be the guy who can potentially take the tough minutes.

Day 2 picks: Greenway is somewhat raw, but has a lot of upside. Greenway is a bulky forward who uses his body well to win battles and protect the puck, and his offensive IQ shows very good flashes. Greenway skates and handles the puck well for a big man, although he's not top-end in either area.

Kaprizov's skating is above average and arguably plus. He's also quite skilled with the puck, but what stands out is his hockey IQ. He's not a fantastic defensive player but has value in his own end. If he isn't 5-9, I think you're talking about a very well-rounded player. His high level of play in the KHL was very noteworthy this season.

Boka is a very good skater in all directions, who plays a tough brand of hockey and kills penalties very well. His skill isn't null, and he can get up into a rush here or there, but it isn't his strength.

Bouramann is a very good puck-moving defenseman. His skating and vision grade as good to very good. Defensively, his reads are hit-and-miss, and he has a lackluster physical game.

Sadek is a very skilled and mobile puck mover but has to improve on his off-the-puck play and physical game, among other things.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The ranger trades seem pretty terrible. Is there that many people who still need contracts this season? Or do you really just want to resign St. Louis.
St. Louis is (un)officially gone. He and the team have parted ways.

There's $12.6 million available for:

Derek Stepan (that's 6m right there)
JT Miller
Jesper Fast
Emerson Etem
At least one to two more forwards (Sheppard?)
Matt Hunwick (or other 7th D)

Going to be really tight.

How well the Hagelin trade turns out really depends on how well Etem fits into AV's system.

The Talbot trade sucked because Sather overplayed his hand, and the Oilers were able to wait him out (even Chiarelli basically said as much).

St. Louis is (un)officially gone. He and the team have parted ways.

There's $12.6 million available for:

Derek Stepan (that's 6m right there)
JT Miller
Jesper Fast
Emerson Etem
At least one to two more forwards (Sheppard?)
Matt Hunwick (or other 7th D)

Going to be really tight.

How well the Hagelin trade turns out really depends on how well Etem fits into AV's system.

The Talbot trade sucked because Sather overplayed his hand, and the Oilers were able to wait him out (even Chiarelli basically said as much).

You think MSL will Retire this season?

What an awful day yesterday. Lack gets traded for peanuts, Canada loses in soccer, and I get dumped.

Been playing games all day to get over it, but it still feels bad man.

iLLmAtlc

What an awful day yesterday. Lack gets traded for peanuts, Canada loses in soccer, and I get dumped.

sorry to hear that buddy. you're doing the right thing, drown those sorrows in some games.

Also it's easy for me to say but I'd rather my team gets burned like the Kings than be ruthless with players. Doesn't sound like Lombardi is gonna do anything like that again though.

He plans to play. Word is the Devils and Penguins are interested in him. I doubt the Pens would happen, but I could see the Devils signing him.
He'd have to take peanuts on the pens due to our cap issues so I think devils are more likely. We don't really need more forwards who can't produce anyhow. Devils sort of need anyone with the possibility of scoring.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Reminds me of back in the 2009 finals, I had $100 on Detroit winning it in game 7, obviously lost it and then 30 minutes later my girl friend at the time dumped me. Try and spend some time with close friends or family, being by yourself will probably just make you focus on it more.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Giordano is a good ol Tronna boy who still comes back here in the summers to play baseball.

Plus, I still hate the shity of Crapmondump after growing up in that racist redneck tire fire and the Flames are their rivals so there is that.

And I laughed my ass off when the Flames eliminated the Canucks. And I laughed my ass off when Torts had a song made about the way Hartley plays his lines.

Plus they fleeced the shit outta Boston.

Edit: and we got Phaneuf for spare parts and we also got Gilmour off of them too.

Therefore, Calgary is ok in my books.

I always like to read how you describe Edmonton.

There was some ESPN magazine subscription deal where I got 4 years for $15 which includes Insider. I don't think it's really worth much more than that. Sometimes it's handy:

Organizational assessment: The Wild's draft was up-and-down for me. Joel Eriksson Ek and Jordan Greenway went slightly higher than I'd take them, but I also really liked the value on picks such as Kirill Kaprizov and Gustav Bouramann.

Top pick: Eriksson Ek is a very versatile player and is a low-risk type of prospect. Eriksson Ek's hockey IQ is his best trait.

I wouldn't classify him as a dominant player, but whether he's playing in front of the net on the power play, creating from the side boards, killing off penalties, checking good players, taking a key draw or being the extra man when the team needs a goal, coaches always can rely on Eriksson Ek. His puck skills are solid, and his skating is about average, with his straight-line speed being stronger than his edges and bursts.

I discussed the fit of Eriksson Ek in Minny in my mock draft (at least I got one right this late in the game). He's a very good two-way player who fits into the design of the highly skilled young players Minnesota has acquired over the years. He can be the guy who can potentially take the tough minutes.

Day 2 picks: Greenway is somewhat raw, but has a lot of upside. Greenway is a bulky forward who uses his body well to win battles and protect the puck, and his offensive IQ shows very good flashes. Greenway skates and handles the puck well for a big man, although he's not top-end in either area.

Kaprizov's skating is above average and arguably plus. He's also quite skilled with the puck, but what stands out is his hockey IQ. He's not a fantastic defensive player but has value in his own end. If he isn't 5-9, I think you're talking about a very well-rounded player. His high level of play in the KHL was very noteworthy this season.

Boka is a very good skater in all directions, who plays a tough brand of hockey and kills penalties very well. His skill isn't null, and he can get up into a rush here or there, but it isn't his strength.

Bouramann is a very good puck-moving defenseman. His skating and vision grade as good to very good. Defensively, his reads are hit-and-miss, and he has a lackluster physical game.

Sadek is a very skilled and mobile puck mover but has to improve on his off-the-puck play and physical game, among other things.

Thanks for the help man. Pronman gets a lot of shit sometimes but I like his insight and how active he is with fans on Twitter.

Yeah I know I'd pretty much just use insider for Pronman + some fantasy football stuff here and there so it's probably not worth it.

I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled if there are any good magazine + insider deals.

Pikma

Banned
Gave Hannibal a chance, I'm like 5 or 6 episodes in, but it hasn't clicked yet. :(

I'm not sure if I should keep watching or just give up and spend that time elsewhere.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Just found out Battlebots is back on TV and I'm losing my mind a bit

I watched it last night and it's way better than it was a decade or whatever ago. There's a lot more variety in the builds, and it's not just the wedges easily taking every single match.

It's good shit.

Red_Man

I watched it last night and it's way better than it was a decade or whatever ago. There's a lot more variety in the builds, and it's not just the wedges easily taking every single match.

It's good shit.
Much better, the matches are still really entertaining. Hopefully it sticks around for a while, great show to put on and just relax.

Acid08

Banned
Was just playing NHL 2002 on the GBA. Sharks vs Avs. Selanne injured Sakic in the first 10 second of the game. Chris Drury scored 5 goals. Sharks lost 5-4.

GG Avs-GAF.

Pikma

Banned
Was just playing NHL 2002 on the GBA. Sharks vs Avs. Selanne injured Sakic in the first 10 second of the game. Chris Drury scored 5 goals. Sharks lost 5-4.

GG Avs-GAF.
Oh shit, I loved NHL 2002 on GBA, it was my first NHL game. Spent hundreds of hours playing that and Yu-Gi-Oh while on road trips.

Gave Hannibal a chance, I'm like 5 or 6 episodes in, but it hasn't clicked yet. :(

I'm not sure if I should keep watching or just give up and spend that time elsewhere.

I'll say this.. Hannibal isn't for everyone. It gets better further down in season one but if you don't like it, it's fine. It's not everyone's cup of tea

Red_Man

If Bergevin goes out and gets a legit top 6 guy to replace PAP, I won't have an issue with the buyout. If he goes and gives some meat head like Belesky a huge contract, I'll be pissed. Time to wait and see what happens. I think he'll fill the need through trade.

Giggzy

Just found out Battlebots is back on TV and I'm losing my mind a bit

It's good shit.

WHAT! OMG! Favorite show ever! It's what compelled me to start building my own RC cars as a kid! What channel is it on?

Red_Man

I'm really enjoying it so far this season. They went too far in ruining Rachel McAdams' hair though. It's almost distracting.
It really picked up last night, the amount of people still completely shitting on it is baffling. The hair is definitely distracting at times, such an unnecessary change.

Giggzy

ABC I think

12 Teams are Interested in Belesky..

Crazy

Thank you! I credit this show to igniting the baby engineer inside me and setting me on that path for my life.

Any one of those 12 teams will be lucky to have bells. I'm not sure how much more he will improve so he might be overpaid, but who knows. I think he has improved every single year so he might have another level to reach.

One thing I love about him is his compete level. He works his ass off every game, every shift, whether he's scoring or not.

Top Bottom