• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Tabris

So trading your 4th line grinder / enforcer, nets you the same return as trading a young starting goaltender?

Honestly, with the devaluing of the goaltender market, it seems like such a waste to draft goalies and just pick them up in FA or trade for them with a 3rd round pick.

Curufinwe

So trading your 4th line grinder / enforcer, nets you the same return as trading a young starting goaltender?

Honestly, with the devaluing of the goaltender market, it seems like such a waste to draft goalies and just pick them up in FA or trade for them with a 3rd round pick.

It's not fair to judge the market by Sweeney. He's nuts.

Syrinx

An extra seventh round pick apparently goes a long way.

iLLmAtlc

I feel like Kings have an uphill climb, without knowing exactly what M Rich did. NHL will want to define material breach very narrowly to avoid this from being a loophole since by default the contracts are guaranteed.

The NHLPA will probably also be challenging Lombardi's credibility since he'd made very clear he wanted out of the contract. Any evidence of breach the Kings submit at the arbitration could be entitled to less "weight" for that reason.

Also it seems the CBA says these terminations go into effect immediately as long as the correct form is used, so the league hasn't reviewed it yet.

So the real question is if the Richards termination is overthrown but LA has already signed Sekera do they have to terminate Sekera? Assuming they'll still be on the hook for the Richards contract. I'd imagine they'd have to.. I don't know how else this works.

HHOF 2015:

Pronger and Fedorov, former Ducks!

Or will Pronger be inducted as a Coyote? :p

So the real question is if the Richards termination is overthrown but LA has already signed Sekera do they have to terminate Sekera? Assuming they'll still be on the hook for the Richards contract. I'd imagine they'd have to.. I don't know how else this works.

They don't have to terminate Sekera. They just have to somehow get below the salary cap before the season starts. Could be a fire sale to make it happen, or buyouts.

LA.png

This is going to be interesting.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Does any other team have to factor the Justice system into their cap space analysis as much as the Kings constantly do?

Syrinx

Can they force them to buy him out (may not even need to)? Wouldnt be fair to Richards to make him stay with an org hat tried to weasel out of his contract and screw him out of millions of dollars.

E: media apparenly knows, but this still smells fishy as hell.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at the Bruins. Nothing they are doing makes any sense.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Timmins looks like he skips leg day.

Bergevin I will withhold comment as it looks like he skips leg day but that could be the slim pants fooling me.

Kave pls, look at them thighs.

trevor1-e1410034572875.jpg

Man I'm so glad the Bruins hired Sweeney, what a glorious week.

Marvie_3

Banned
So Pronger is eligible for the HOF yet his contract is still allowed to be used for cap circumvention?

Bruins are so fucking stupid. :lol

zroid

Banned
It really feels like Sweeney is just Neely's puppet. Everything we've heard leads us to believe that Neely and Chiarelli hadn't seen eye to eye for a while. Bruins fans wanted Chiarelli out but it looks as if he was the only thing keeping them from completely imploding.

nubcake

Neo Member
Guys I found the reason for the Rinaldo trade!

@JonathanWillis I heard that 3rd round pick had lots of off-ice issues and was a malcontent in the locker room.

Back after we fire McPhee:

10. Boston’s Peter Chiarelli might be getting lonely. It would be no surprise if he lost Benning and several sources indicate another valuable member of his staff, Don Sweeney, interviewed in Washington. (Chiarelli declined to comment).

giphy.gif

Wonder who he would have traded Ovi for :lol

Clydefrog

Then Sekera has to become Richards' butler

Several sources told ESPN.com the Kings were made aware of the situation on Friday, approximately an hour after the first round of the 2015 NHL draft had begun.

The team was already in the process of trying to trade him -- discussions were in place with both the Edmonton Oilers and the Calgary Flames -- but Kings general manager Dean Lombardi immediately informed both teams upon learning the situation that he had no prior knowledge of the incident and halted those talks, according to a source.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/...ngeles-kings-terminate-contract-mike-richards

People were questioning the timing...

zroid

Banned
Mark Hunter is talking up Jeremy Bracco, says he's the guy he was happiest he was able to draft (outside of Marner presumably)

keep your pants on Dopey

Top Bottom