• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Mark Hunter is talking up Jeremy Bracco, says he's the guy he was happiest he was able to draft (outside of Marner presumably)

keep your pants on Dopey

:>>>>

The one thing that's weird to me is the leafs rated him at 22... but still picked dermott first

Played a big gamble because Bracco's ratings were middle first to third round projection

Cake Boss

Banned
WE HAVE QUALIFIED 4TH LINER MIKE HOFFMAN WOOOOOOOO

SENS GAF ROLL IN BITCHES.

tlHO4DM.jpg

So trading your 4th line grinder / enforcer, nets you the same return as trading a young starting goaltender?

Honestly, with the devaluing of the goaltender market, it seems like such a waste to draft goalies and just pick them up in FA or trade for them with a 3rd round pick.

Lack is good, but I don't think he's starting material. Filling in for an injured starter and having mediocre playoff stats isn't worth a lot on the market. Talbot barely got more than Lack, and yes the Boston model is an outlier.

And yes, goalies are being drafted later nowadays. Demko was the top-ranked NA goalie last year and he was drafted in the second round.

Vey signs one year, $1M. Good deal: he'll need to be better if he wants another contract.

Just catching up on everything today. Wow, Kings, Bruins, oh my!

Oh, and Feds and Lids baby!!! AH YEAH!!! Those two are the only two Wings that will win anything this year though. :(

Maybe we should try to trade Cleary's rights to Boston since their GM is an idiot. We could probably get a 2nd out of it.

eyeless

made a list of d-men taken in the top 5 from 2002-2012

Ryan Murray, Griffin Reinhart, Morgan Rielly, Adam Larsson, Erik Gudbranson, Victor Hedman, Drew Doughty, Zach Bogosian, Alex Pietrangelo, Luke Schenn, Thomas Hickey, Karl Alzner, Erik Johnson, Jack Johnson, Cam Barker, Jay Bouwmeester, Joni Pitkanen, Ryan Whitney

kind of a terrifying list, there are very few bonafide #1 studs in this list, so just based on the odds, even if hanifin is a stud and marner's a bust, i'd still think they took the right gamble at the time, i fear the prospect of getting a jack johnson or jay bouwmeester with a top pick, the 126 point skill guy seems safer, high drafted d-men are a hell of a crapshoot

zroid

Banned
remember back when Richards was waived mid-season several Toronto media buffoons said the Leafs should claim him because he brings strong character and winning culture?

sounds even more ridiculous now :lol

remember back when Richards was waived mid-season several Toronto media buffoons said the Leafs should claim him because he brings strong character and winning culture?

I'm on a Washington Capitals board and there are a few people that said we should sign him for cheap because of what he brings off the ice.

He'd be the perfect 3C, still has more in the tank, grit, character, winner, clutch, he was misused etc..

UGHHHHH

Cactus

Banned

I remember a few people here arguing that a Phaneuf/Richards swap would benefit the Leafs.

Socreges

Banned
Flew to London Friday afternoon, been crazy busy since, and EVERYTHING HAS BEEN HAPPENING

That Lack trade. My fucking Christ in heaven

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Flew to London Friday afternoon, been crazy busy since, and EVERYTHING HAS BEEN HAPPENING

That Lack trade. My fucking Christ in heaven

still better than anything Boston did, that's all that's keeping me from being angry right now

Kifimbo

Since Richards isn't an illegal immigrant, "border issue" must mean trying to bring something illegal from one country to another. Drugs, most likely. Unless you believe Richards might be involved in the human trafficking industry.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How in the flying fuck is PAP untradeable, but a Neanderthal like Rinaldo gets you a 3rd round pick? Sweeney must be high as a kite.

Quick

Banned
How in the flying fuck is PAP untradeable, but a Neanderthal like Rinaldo gets you a 3rd round pick? Sweeney must be high as a kite.

The only good thing I can see from this from your end is Rinaldo setting the standard for quality of trades (lololololololol) and you guys get rid of PAP for something a little better than what the Bruins traded for.

Top Bottom