• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Samyy

lol

After today's qualifying offers and once Juice is gone, the defense in front of Miller/Markstrom will be:

Tanev
Edler
Hamhuis
Sbisa
Corrado
Clendenning
..?

They will allow so many goals. All the goals.

Bro step up to our level:

Phaneuf
Rielly
Gardiner
Marincin
Polak
Robidas

3 middle pairing D and 2 bottom pairing D, Robidas is basically a 7D

zroid

Banned
I think Brennan will play in the show next year... probably. Why the hell not?

Robidas perma-benched or they might LTIR him lol.

Samyy

I think Brennan will play in the show next year... probably. Why the hell not?

Robidas perma-benched or they might LTIR him lol.

I envision something like this:

Gardiner - FRANSON :D
Rielly - Polak
Marincin - X

Or

Gardiner - UFA
Marincin - Rielly
Percy - Polak

zroid

Banned
Oh yeah Percy's there too.

The D is going to be interesting... lots of options. Percy, Brennan, and Erixon will have to prove themselves in training camp I guess. I hope Polak gets traded, particularly if Phaneuf sticks around. No real need for him.

calder

I just want to say good luck to every other game that is out this year not named Witcher 3. I have finally just finished it, nothing, and I mean nothing, this year is going to top that game. What an incredible ride from start to end, everything felt alive and had a purpose. The little details shown through immensely, to the point I have not experienced that in any other game of this scale. Everything felt like it belonged and there was very few, if not any filler content. What a masterful experience in almost every way possible. All I can say is wow.

Batman is approximately a billion zillion times better. Frankly after a few dozen hours of Witcher I was more than ready for it to end, and it was a game that I liked less the more I slogged through. Oh hey I'm in Novigrad for the millionth time, which of the useless vendors buy what again? Shit I ran too fast into the square, just going to stand here and slowly spin Geralt around and let the game load in pedestrians until the vendor pops up and I can interact with him again.. should only take 20 seconds tops.

Samyy

Oh yeah Percy's there too.

The D is going to be interesting... lots of options. Percy, Brennan, and Erixon will have to prove themselves in training camp I guess. I hope Polak gets traded, particularly if Phaneuf sticks around. No real need for him.

Polak really seems like a guy that would fetch a fortune at the trade deadline though

Samyy

Rutherford continues to negotiate with himself, and ends up trading Maatta in a package for Kessel! Then the Leafs trade somebody for Spurgeon since Minny wants to get rid of him so badly!

Maatta-Rielly
Gardiner-Spurgeon
Marincin-Percy
(Erixon, Granberg)

If only...

D: (percy is a left D)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
By fortune I mean early 2nd + a few later picks~
Silly GMs love that GRIT and LEADERSHIP!
Petry only fetched a 2nd and a 5th and he's twice the player Polak is, maybe Sweeney will send you guys a couple first round picks for him though.

Samyy

Petry only fetched a 2nd and a 5th and he's twice the player Polak is, maybe Sweeney will send you guys a couple first round picks for him though.

Nah I doubt NHL GMs actually valued Petry as much as they value Polak!
I'm looking at your Florida!

Clydefrog

N7WMtgE.jpg

hahaha, can't be quoted enough

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
New Meek Mill is flames for all my hip hop listening brethen here, really didn't expect it to be this good

Quick

Banned
Video games? Video games.

Each Arkham game for me has been pretty great. Arkham Origins really took me some time to get into, but it was ultimately pretty good. Production wasn't quite on-par with Rocksteady's work, but it did the job.

Arkham Knight has similarly been a slow burn. The Batmobile really changes the dynamic of the game. The times the game puts you into required Batmobile action within the story felt awkwardly shoved in, but it gets better. But the moment the early plot reveal happens, everything just got so much better. The game also feels like another adaptation of one of my favourite Batman stories, so that's also pretty awesome.

I feel sorry for anyone who ended up buying the PC version with its apparent issues, since the PS4 version is just magnificent. Probably the best running game I've played.

Quick

Banned
Regardless of whether or not the Kings were right in terminating Richards' contract, this certainly damages Richards' credibility and could hurt his chances of playing in the NHL. I guess he could sue the Kings for damages.

Montresor

Some random thoughts:

1) I'm really liking the direction the Leafs are appearing to take with Dubas, Hunter, and Shanahan. It will be 5 years before we can see the fruits of their labour so I won't slap each other's backs too hard yet, but this already looks more promising than any of the garbage JFJ, Burke, or Nonis peddled. Right now it's all about patience, which has never been the mantra of the Leafs before.

2) I can't be the only one that thinks it's criminally unfair for LA to terminate Richards's contract the way they have, right? If they have a legitimate reason to break the contract then they should come out with it and let us know! It's not reasonable to rob someone of their $18 million, but say "Don't worry, we have an actual good reason to do this, but we won't comment further". I hope Richards and the NHLPA fight this and win swiftly. Even if Richards did something that is a real breach of contract, I find it funny that what Voynov did was not considered a breach of contract too. I guess you can beat your wife and any and all material breaches of contract will be overlooked if you're a talented defenseman.

3) Started playing Last Of Us Remastered with my new PSN ID (OdadjianActual). First ever Playstation game I've played since the PS2 era. This is quite an incredible game. I'm still early but I'm really enjoying it.

4) I got a code for Master Chief Collection for $30 via Kijiji yesterday. I'm so pumped. The only Halo I've ever played in my life was Halo Anniversary on 360. My plan right now is to do the following with my brother in co-op:

a) First, do normal playthroughs of all 5 campaigns (1, 2, 3, ODST, 4). No worries about achievements or difficulty levels or collectibles - just a relaxed normal playthrough enjoying the story.
b) Then, use chapter select to perform miscellaneous singe player achievements in all 5 campaigns (skulls, etc...)
c) Then, do legendary playthroughs of all 5 campaigns

Montresor

Yup, I'm real pleased that the Boston Bruins have become a trash organization. Amazing how they were the big bad bruins, an exemplary organization making the playoffs year in and year out. Now they've dumped Hamilton and Lucic and Seguin for nothing. Chara is aging. Bergeron will be like a lone elite player on an island of mediocrity. And their idea of a good move is to give up a 3rd round pick for Ronaldo. Please god let Bruins and Leafs switch fortunes for a couple of years.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, I'm real pleased that the Boston Bruins have become a trash organization. Amazing how they were the big bad bruins, an exemplary organization making the playoffs year in and year out. Now they've dumped Hamilton and Lucic and Seguin for nothing. Chara is aging. Bergeron will be like a lone elite player on an island of mediocrity. And their idea of a good move is to give up a 3rd round pick for Ronaldo. Please god let Bruins and Leafs switch fortunes for a couple of years.
You forgot about the Leafs Killer Krejci and Rask

They also lost Boychuck last year too.

Remember how we all had that nightmare of a LA vs Boston SCF?

This offseason means that won't happen.

Yayyyy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmvOmw0GAwQ

mitch marner was a better hockey player as a 10 year old than some of the people we had in the lineup last year

wtf

Darude - Sandstorm.

I love it.

Oh god, me too. This is fantastic. You are horrible, LA.

I am sorry, here is some cake i baked for you guyz

QpAkvv2.jpg

Wow cultural appropriation much???? So triggered right now.

How long until someone claims that's racist?

Woops.

Guys... remember when I said Kadri was on the same development path as Richards?

Can I take it back?

Oh PATH! we thought you said Line.

Kadri doesn't seem like he'd have the right nose for that sort of thing.

Flew to London Friday afternoon, been crazy busy since, and EVERYTHING HAS BEEN HAPPENING

That Lack trade. My fucking Christ in heaven

Ontario or UK?

Toronto Greek Gods

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA

Quick, you old devil. You've soiled my pants again.

image.php

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yotes didn't qualify John Moore. Wonder if Slats will try to get him back as the 7D or if they're going to stick with the plan of re-signing Hunwick.

Yotes also didn't qualify Mark Arcobello, so Arcobello's Bizarre Adventure continues.

Video games? Video games.

Each Arkham game for me has been pretty great. Arkham Origins really took me some time to get into, but it was ultimately pretty good. Production wasn't quite on-par with Rocksteady's work, but it did the job.

Arkham Knight has similarly been a slow burn. The Batmobile really changes the dynamic of the game. The times the game puts you into required Batmobile action within the story felt awkwardly shoved in, but it gets better. But the moment the early plot reveal happens, everything just got so much better. The game also feels like another adaptation of one of my favourite Batman stories, so that's also pretty awesome.

I feel sorry for anyone who ended up buying the PC version with its apparent issues, since the PS4 version is just magnificent. Probably the best running game I've played.

I just started playing Arkham Origins on PC last night, got all three games on Humblebundle quite a while ago and never played Origins. Although it's been a while since I played the first 2, I'm having trouble getting into this one as it's more or less the same.

Top Bottom