• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Did he request a trade?! I don't see him going anywhere otherwise.

I'm late to the talk I know, but I'm intrigued by the Kassian/Prust deal. I know Prust is a "heart and soul" type player, but with Kassian I can't help but feel more optimistic that the puck has a better chance of going in the net. Plus with the freed up money they can make a better bridge deal for AGally. Plus if Kassian doesn't pan out, he's gone in a year, when there's a potentially better UFA pool.

I don't think they're done yet either though. I don't see Eller lasting the whole season.

I don't think were done yet either.

I'm gonna say Galchenyuk is gonna sign soon

CI2u5rUUcAAF-0U.jpg

91mVO2F.gif

Chuck Gormley ‏@ChuckGormleyCSN 15m15 minutes ago
Justin Williams said he and his family targeted Washington long before free agency. #CapitalsTalk

giphy.gif

Chuck Gormley ‏@ChuckGormleyCSN 5m5 minutes ago
Williams says he needed to know his role with the team and Trotz 'put me over the edge' #CapitalsTalk

Barry-Trotz-Eye-Thing.gif

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt 1m1 minute ago
Williams recalled his son, a month ago, saying, "Daddy, if we don’t go back to L.A., you should play with Ovechkin, because he’s the best."

jon-fan.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/5xaOcLLyNsTBTjfM5DG/giphy.gif[/MG]

[IMG]http://ufoetarea51.com/Barry-Trotz-Eye-Thing.gif[/IG]

[IMG]http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/jon-fan.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

Man that's cool. I wonder what User33 and cube4444 have to say about that?

yyzjohn

Banned
Kapanen is only 18. He was drafted as a 17 year old. to put in perspective, kadri started playing in the AHL as a 20 year old.

Yeah I know, but I'm saying expectations by Leafs fans on Kapanen aren't high right now. There's no pressure on him to be a replacement for Kessel. The example of Eller came up which is a totally different situation. Habs fans loved Halak because of that miracle run and were pissed when he was moved out of town for Eller. Ultimately it proved to be the right move but at the outset some Habs fans resented Eller and he may have had extra pressure due to that. I don't think the same applies to Kapanen at all.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have today off and I'm bored, so here are the Top 20 OHL forwards ranked by PPG in their 16 year old season. However, I excluded players who scored at less than a 0.9 PPG rate in their 17 year old season.

I included Galchenyuk since he didn't really have a 17 year old season. And I included Logan Brown as a question mark since he has the potential to make the list if he doesn't completely blow it next year like a John McFarland or Ryan Kujawinski.

Pretty nice correlation to NHL success.

the fuck happened to Konecny tho, why have I not heard that name before

Quick

Banned
MSL had a good career, but it sucks that he had to kill all the good will and support he had with the Lightning and their fanbase.

Yup. Maybe he will join Tampa or Rangers In the Front office.

He shouldn't be going anywhere near the Lightning for the next 5 years at least. lol

ZeroGravity

Kudos to Marty, though, for actually recognizing it was the right time to retire. Nothing sadder than an elite player who keeps on trying to play despite clearly being washed up.

I will take solace in the fact that his last game was a loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Syrinx

The one reason I'm concerned about the Canes leaving is that there's no way Bettman puts even a fraction of the effort he's put into keeping teams and AZ and FL into keeping the Canes in Raleigh.

Cake Boss

Banned
I have today off and I'm bored, so here are the Top 20 OHL forwards ranked by PPG in their 16 year old season. However, I excluded players who scored at less than a 0.9 PPG rate in their 17 year old season.

I included Galchenyuk since he didn't really have a 17 year old season. And I included Logan Brown as a question mark since he has the potential to make the list if he doesn't completely blow it next year like a John McFarland or Ryan Kujawinski.

Pretty nice correlation to NHL success.

Cool.

Matt Puempel!!!!!

Should be able to take Condras spot on the 3rd line this year.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Doing the same for the WHL is...ugly:

He just got drafted by the Flyers :) 24th overall

Was it you who did the research last year(or earlier this year?) that pointed to WHL offense not necessarily translating well to the NHL like the other junior leagues?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It was Rob Vollman who did the actual research, one of the pioneers of advanced stats in hockey. He found that on average, 30% of a player's scoring in the OHL translates to the NHL the next year, while only 26% of a player's scoring in the WHL and QJMHL translates.

Yeah, I went looking for the post I was talking about and found this one. I can't remember if that's the one I was thinking about or not.

While looking for that I came across all the posts about Chiarelli getting hired by the Oilers, and everyone going on about him giving up on young players too soon. Pretty funny in hindsight knowing Neely was probably behind those moves now.

Top Bottom