• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sad to see Marty go, but he lost it so completely so quickly that this was the right choice. Glad he chose to stay home with his kids rather than chase after something that wasn't there anymore, and I suspect we'll see him around the Rangers organization for a while.

First ballot Hall of Famer for sure.

And we'll always have this:

3Ms703N.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pavel Datsyuk ‏@Datsyuk13 15m 15 minutes ago
Congratulations to Martin St Louis! great player, phenomenal career! Thanks for making it a little easier to win the lady byng trophy now 😄

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Shame St. Louis tarnished his legacy by being a bitch and bolting for NY with nothing to show for it. Amazing career nonetheless.

dem

Marta Varlamova, Voynov’s wife, told police the couple started arguing during a Halloween party. Voynov removed her costume glasses and stomped on them, then, outside the venue, he punched her in the left jaw, according to the report.

When asked by police what the argument was about, Varlamova “stated that she could not remember,” the report said.

The dispute continued in the bedroom of the couple’s Redondo Beach home, Varlamova told police. Voynov, she said, choked her neck with both hands three times.

“Voynov pushed her to the ground approximately six to seven times with both hands, telling her that he wanted a divorce and to ‘Get out,’ “ the report said.

Varlamova told police that Voynov then kicked her five to six times while on the ground. She said she screamed for him to stop.

When she rose, the report said, Voynov pushed her into the corner of a flat-screen television mounted on the wall, opening a gash above Varlamova’s left eye. Varlamova said the couple’s bedroom was “covered in her blood.”

“Voynov ‘got scared’ and the attack stopped,” the report said.

Man.. And I was all ready for the Oilers to give LA a pick for him..

Ugly situation.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
BUT HE'S SO INNOCENT

that's now what

3 LA players arrested? :lol

bitch fucking team

Richard and Voynov off of the books in the same week? A bunch of young prospects in the wings. This is turning into a good thing for the Kings.

That's entirely at the discretion of the club though, so he could still play right? Unless the NHL intervened, in which case the PA could probably appeal and potentially win by some loophole.

I'd have to think that the PA uses LA's treatment of Voyonov against them.

It's a material breach to have an 'incident' involving painkillers, but not for committing a violent crime? I don't think Richards has even been charged with anything yet.

Watch Voynov continue to train with the team. It's not like he was bad at hockey like Richards or anything.

Fucking scumbag organisation. A domestic violence charity is gonna get some angry money out of me this week over this.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The response from the league / Bettman regarding Voynov should be interesting, especially with what the NFL went through last season. My moneys on them saying it will leave it for the Kings to deal with it and that they don't want to speak on legal matters still in play.

Quick

Banned
The response from the league / Bettman regarding Voynov should be interesting, especially with what the NFL went through last season. My moneys on them saying it will leave it for the Kings to deal with it and that they don't want to speak on legal matters still in play.

The usual NHL spiel.

The NHL has only had to deal with two domestic abuse cases in the last three years (Voynov and Varlamov - the latter being dropped), so they haven't been in such a large microscope like the NBA and NFL have been with these types of cases, along with being behind in popularity to those two leagues. The NHL has never had to be accountable because most NHL players either stay clean or are smart enough to keep themselves hidden.

It makes me wonder whether there are more victims within the NHL player wives community that have yet to speak up, though.

Quick

Banned
Unless his injury has hobbled him I think the Kings keep Voynov and just act like nothing happened

Kings better have a good PR team to spin this properly.

Lawyer Nights at Staples Center! Watch the Kings abuse the Domestic Division Rival Ducks., first 10,000 fans receive a coupon for free lawyer consultation!

Quick

Banned

This is the Phil that we know, and the media doesn't seem to pay attention to.

On his emotions, in general: “Toronto was a place I loved, and it’s not easy leaving that, even with everything else. That’s the first thought. And then after that, I just see this as an opportunity, a great opportunity to be part of something special in Pittsburgh with some great players. I’m excited, right?”

PineTears.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

On his history of facing Crosby when both were children: “Oh, yeah! Ha! We’d go against each other in, like, midgets, if I recall. And I mean, our team was competitive but not that competitive. When we used to play those teams, they used to kill us, right? That’s just how it was when we’d play those teams from Canada.

:')

Cute.

OSHIE

BROUWER IS GONE

WOO

A day after signing veteran free agent right wing Justin Williams, the Washington Capitals pulled the trigger on a major trade to bring another top six winger into the District. On Thursday, the Caps shipped right wing Troy Brouwer, goaltending prospect Pheonix Copley and a third-round choice in the 2016 NHL Draft to the St. Louis Blues for right wing T.J. Oshie.

Alucard

Banned
Ugh ;_____;

Please cherish him Pens-Age. More than this garbage fanbase and media did.

He's in good hands. Enjoy the young dman Pens management rated #4 on their depth chart.

Maata
Pouliot
Dumoulin
----
Harrington

Kessel is magic, friends. Ready for the excitement and eating rituals he will bring to the city of Pittsburgh and the Penguins fanbase.

Top Bottom