• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Parch

If this was the best they could have gotten for Kessel, wait for the trade deadline. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to trade your best piece if that's the best offer.
Right now was probably the worst time to make the deal, so trade deadline would have brought more. Almost one less year of that horrid contract and perhaps some contenders eager for a scorer..

That contract was clearly the sticking point. If the Pens offer was the least amount of salary retention then I really wonder how many other teams were even asking. Since that was the best deal available, there couldn't have been a whole lot of other offers.

Letang-Maata
Cole-Pouliot
Dumoulin (probably...yay!) -Lovejoy (eek)

Maybe Scuderi. And has Ehrhoff already gone elsewhere?

If only they'd have kept Despres instead of Lovejoy.
Didn't we traded pouliot or was that one of the bad reportings for the kessel trade? There were so many updates of wrong info.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Will be a solid #4/#5 defensive D on a good team. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he played this entire upcoming season in the NHL.

This, He wasn't bad at all actually when he was brought up throughout the season. Plus he's young so there's a little bit of an upside I think.

Pikma

Banned
I feel like my dog is not having that much of a progress, he's been having some health complications and can't walk at all anymore. It breaks my heart to see how fast it's happening and I feel really sad because as much as I take care of him, and I really do, I can't help but wish I could do way more for him...

Fuck time...

JVR isn't going anywhere.

Come ooooooon

homer-headbutt-o.gif

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 8m8 minutes ago
Cameron Schilling signed a two year deal with the #blackhawks at $575 000 AAV. One way contract the 2nd season. #tvasports

Don't expect much Blackhawks fans.

cube444

I can already picture Mario picking Sid and Kessel as roommates for next season. Just imagine the awkward conversations between that charismatic duo, not to mention the countless games of tummy sticks while they kill time on the road.

Calamari41

41 > 38
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???? WHAT THE FUCK

www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1073942

The only thing offensive about this is how fucking anime as hell it is

I feel like my dog is not having that much of a progress, he's been having some health complications and can't walk at all anymore. It breaks my heart to see how fast it's happening and I feel really sad because as much as I take care of him, and I really do, I can't help but wish I could do way more for him...

Fuck time...

I'm sorry Pikma =(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Call me crazy but I don't mind Lupul still being on the team even if because of his glass status.

He's not a terrible player he is just made of the weakest materials known to man. If some miracle occurred and he made it through half a season without any significant injury time I could see him being moved at the deadline to a desperate team.

Bozak is the only guy I really want to see moved out of the rest of them. Phaneuf to a lesser extent but I look at that more because they desperately want to remove him as captain but it's a hard thing to just do especially in this stupid market.

Foggy

Sorry to hear that Pikma. I had to say goodbye to one of my pooches a couple months ago. Just show love when you can, try to make your pooch as comfortable as possible, and just try to let time heal the loss.

I used to be a huge Lupul fan, but he truly is made of glass. It's too bad his trade value is so low, but we need to try to get something for him when possible. Even an early second round pick would likely suffice.

Mirtle's piece on the trade actually does a good job explaining why Kessel's value was much less than it should be - now, and throughout his entire career as a hockey player.

Also, if Kessel plays like he did from Jan-Apr this upcoming season, yes, his value does drop even lower. That's why he was dealt now for a pittance. If your feeling pissed off at the deal, shouldn't you be more upset with Kessel for collecting a massive cheque and playing like shit for 4 months?

nubcake

Neo Member
I read part of the thread, and apparently it's just anime nonsense:
-female character is bi-sexual but "faints" when she sees "cute" girls on the battlefield.
-female character goes to male character asking for a cure. To help her, male character casts spell on her drink to make her see all men as boys too. As a way of desensitizing her to it I guess...
-female character falls in love with male character while under the spell. Even when the spell wears off, she's still in love with the male character.

They usually remove most of this stuff for the English translations. It is sad how the series went full weaboo though. I miss the older games where strategy was the focus.

The last one was right at the borderline for me. I still loved it but it was getting dangerously close to "too much anime" for my tastes, and I'm getting more and more concerned that this one may very well cross it.

And that crossover game with SMT or whatever looks like it was grown in the darkest corners of a Metrocon or something. Not touching that crap with a 10 foot pole.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So there's this interesting little tidbit from Brooks' Glen Sather eulogy today:

He had room for Sean Avery (twice) and, we can tell you this today, personally would have made room for Avery a third time, early in 2013-14 when No. 16 briefly flirted with returning to hockey. He would have brought him back even after it had all gone so bad at the end in Hartford the second time, even after Avery had filed a grievance against Sather and the Rangers.

He would have brought him back if head coach Alain Vigneault had thought Avery could have helped, which he did not.
I hope you all appreciate what AV has done for you.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully Lucic & Brown collide into each other during practice and obliterate each others knees simultaneously.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Eller is the type of player I see Kapanen panning out as sadly.
If Kapanen falls short of being a 25 goal winger / top 6 winger at least, I don't see the media / fans taking to him too kindly.

I don't know if Kapanen can hit as many posts as Eller though.
Eller doesn't even hit posts, he just goes into a state of coma and completely screws up the chance.

Top Bottom