• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
From the same scout / source as before

I'm confident that the Habs do not plan on starting the season with Desharnais and Plekanec as their top two centers..

Re: Desharnais

I believe management doesn't see him as a top two center any more..and want to upgrade.

I'm becoming aroused

This is the Phil that we know, and the media doesn't seem to pay attention to.

PineTears.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

Ugh ;_____;

Please cherish him Pens-Age. More than this garbage fanbase and media did.

i can't even watch that

this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you phil

GOD IS IT GETTING DUSTY IN HERE OR IS IT JUST ME?

:(

My eyes were actually welling up :(

Quick

Banned
I know a couple of Leaf fans that I have to deal with on a regular basis and I'm really getting worried about them.

A few weeks ago they were so optimistic about the rebuild. They were coming up with lists of Oiler's prospects and picks that they expected to get for Kessel. Trying not to laugh I politely tried to explain that they probably won't get much for him. But the mere mention of a salary dump sent them into a frenzy about my insanity.

So I stayed out of their conversations after that. I understand that the Leaf kool-aid is extremely strong and makes them delusional. I didn't want to ruin their high and destroy their dreams.

Now that the Kessel deal has gone down they're in complete shock. Naturally they come to me for an explanation.
"What went wrong? Phil is elite."
Sorry guys, no he's not. He's a weirdo full of hot dogs that very few can afford. He's a terrible two-way player and nobody wanted all of that horrible contract in the cap era. Hell, even the Leafs don't want him anymore and desperately tried to get rid of him. How could you possibly think that he was worth a stack of top prospects? Please try to understand this, guys.

Now they're just wandering around in a complete daze and I'm really getting worried. Surely there must be some sort of therapy or rehab for these poor lost souls.

Those "insane Leafs fans" are actually probably sane, and Parch is actually fucking retarded.

Jesus Christ, this whole post reeks. How is it that some of the Oilers fans here have this much smugness?

Red_Man

Those "insane Leafs fans" are actually probably sane, and Parch is actually fucking retarded.

Jesus Christ, this whole post reeks. How is it that some of the Oilers fans here have this much smugness?
Parch will officially be known as Reek from now on.

And the Dion for Eberle deal? LOL no one thinks that will happen.

Dion for McDavid tho...

Yawnier

Banned
A few of Boston's moves by Sweeney does remind me a bit of the moves and trades Tambellini made with the oilers 5 - 6 years ago.

Parch

Don't worry. The insanity in Edmonton has never been higher. People are scared to be optimistic until the anger fully subsides. So many mixed feelings.

And trust me. Half of Alberta are transplants from Ontario and Newfoundland. It's impossible to avoid Leaf fans, and after having to put up with their bullshit for the last decade, they deserve some of their own medicine. We recognize the early symptoms of rebuild grief. With such a sad foundation to start a rebuild, Leaf fans should be prepared for a very long and painful journey.
But then again their journey has been painful for the last 50 years so it's probably just business as usual.

yyzjohn

Banned
I know a couple of Leaf fans that I have to deal with on a regular basis and I'm really getting worried about them.

A few weeks ago they were so optimistic about the rebuild. They were coming up with lists of Oiler's prospects and picks that they expected to get for Kessel. Trying not to laugh I politely tried to explain that they probably won't get much for him. But the mere mention of a salary dump sent them into a frenzy about my insanity.

So I stayed out of their conversations after that. I understand that the Leaf kool-aid is extremely strong and makes them delusional. I didn't want to ruin their high and destroy their dreams.

Now that the Kessel deal has gone down they're in complete shock. Naturally they come to me for an explanation.
"What went wrong? Phil is elite."
Sorry guys, no he's not. He's a weirdo full of hot dogs that very few can afford. He's a terrible two-way player and nobody wanted all of that horrible contract in the cap era. Hell, even the Leafs don't want him anymore and desperately tried to get rid of him. How could you possibly think that he was worth a stack of top prospects? Please try to understand this, guys.

Now they're just wandering around in a complete daze and I'm really getting worried. Surely there must be some sort of therapy or rehab for these poor lost souls.

Your post would have resonated so much more if, a few weeks ago when these conversations took place you actually mentioned it on here and gave everyone your excellent analysis of all things hockey. As it stands you seen like a hindsight Harry.

Quick

Banned
Don't worry. The insanity in Edmonton has never been higher. People are scared to be optimistic until the anger fully subsides. So many mixed feelings.

And trust me. Half of Alberta are transplants from Ontario and Newfoundland. It's impossible to avoid Leaf fans, and after having to put up with their bullshit for the last decade, they deserve some of their own medicine. We recognize the early symptoms of rebuild grief. With such a sad foundation to start a rebuild, Leaf fans should be prepared for a very long and painful journey.
But then again their journey has been painful for the last 50 years so it's probably just business as usual.

So you're a jealous Oilers fan who acts like the hated brother who'd always fail after the successful better brother, and now that the better brother's seeing some tough times, you finally found your chance to be better at something than him: being fucking terrible.

Don't worry little bro, we'll try to cover you back in our shadow. Not that we really need to make an effort into that, since you've always been under there.

zroid

Banned
Never seen Quick so distraught, shit sucks man :'(

Phil's gonna get his Cup in Pittsburgh, not something he ever had a chance at in this cursed-ass city. He's getting what he always needed to thrive, a legit centre -- two in fact! Dude will finally get the appreciation he deserves.

Parch

Your post would have resonated so much more if, a few weeks ago when these conversations took place you actually mentioned it on here and gave everyone your excellent analysis of all things hockey. As it stands you seen like a hindsight Harry.
I've said all along that Kessel and Phaneuf would be difficult to trade unless the Leafs eat a significant amount of their contracts. And that any deal would mostly be a salary dump without much of significance in return. Sorry if it's coming true.

yyzjohn

Banned
Never seen Quick so distraught, shit sucks man :'(

Phil's gonna get his Cup in Pittsburgh, not something he ever had a chance at in this cursed-ass city. He's getting what he always needed to thrive, a legit centre -- two in fact! Dude will finally get the appreciation he deserves.

I don't think Pens will get out of the East to be honest. Phil will have some amazing seasons no doubt, but this upcoming season the Pens won't be winning the Cup. Remains to be seen what changes they make after that.

zroid

Banned
I don't think Pens will get out of the East to be honest. Phil will have some amazing seasons no doubt, but this upcoming season the Pens won't be winning the Cup. Remains to be seen what changes they make after that.
I think they have a much better shot than most people believe. Their D is underrated. Losing Despres was a bad decision but with some smart moves it's manageable.

Red_Man

???

Well duh, Galchenyuk and Plekanec are different from Desharnais and Plekanec.

:lol

But seriously, it would not surprise me at all to see them go after Couture, who is apparently unhappy in San Jose. I remember reading about it somewhere.
It would not surprise anyone if they moved Plekanec over DD. This is the first sign I've seen from anyone related to the organization that they're ready to move on from DD, if true it's massive. I'd give up a lot for Couture too.

I've said all along that Kessel and Phaneuf would be difficult to trade unless the Leafs eat a significant amount of their contracts. And that any deal would mostly be a salary dump without much of significance in return. Sorry if it's coming true.

The Leafs didn't end up having to eat a significant amount of his contract and the return wasn't terrible.

Remember, the selling team rarely wins these deals in the short term, if at all. See the Oshie, Saad and Hamilton deals if you need more examples.

Edit: The Penguins have a gloriously imbalanced roster. They're the Jays of hockey.

Parch

So you're a jealous Oilers fan who acts like the hated brother who'd always fail after the successful better brother, and now that the better brother's seeing some tough times, you finally found your chance to be better at something than him.
See now I'm confused. Are you trying to suggest that Oiler fans are jealous of Leaf fans? Jealous about what exactly? Successful better brother? Was there a recent Leaf dynasty that I missed somewhere? Because the Oiler dynasty is still really fresh in my mind. (Old-GAF representing)

Quick

Banned
See now I'm confused. Are you trying to suggest that Oiler fans are jealous of Leaf fans? Jealous about what exactly? Successful better brother? Was there a recent Leaf dynasty that I missed somewhere? Because the Oiler dynasty is still really fresh in my mind. (Old-GAF representing)

Little bro, it's okay.

Mom and dad love us equally, I'm sure.

yyzjohn

Banned
Little bro, it's okay.

Mom and dad love us equally, I'm sure.

I have some friends in Edmonton, they're not nearly as arrogant or condescending as this dude. He's just trying to get you going. Let it go quick, we don't need you getting a match penalty for leaving the bench to fight.

Yawnier

Banned
I have some friends in Edmonton, they're not nearly as arrogant or condescending as this dude. He's just trying to get you going. Let it go quick, we don't need you getting a match penalty for leaving the bench to fight.

Most older oiler fans I've encountered aren't that bad, at all

Parch

It would not surprise anyone if they moved Plekanec over DD. This is the first sign I've seen from anyone related to the organization that they're ready to move on from DD, if true it's massive. I'd give up a lot for Couture too.
Hell ya. Couture signed until 2019 too. First I've heard he might be unhappy, but if SJ is looking to mix things up then Montreal would be a good fit to swap around some forwards. Sometime this year Montreal will have to decide if they want to trade or resign Plekanec.

I'm coming around to Kassian Now.

“Montreal is a good, deep team. Anywhere I can fit in and help the team win, I’m more than happy to do so,” said the 2010 Memorial Cup champion, who has 25 goals and 66 points in 198 career NHL games. “I don’t look at it as Top 6 or Bottom 6; if you look at the teams that are winning nowadays, they have four lines that all play. Anywhere the coach wants me, I’ll thrive in that role and try to make the team better.
I never asked for a trade, but obviously I was open that if a team wanted me, I was more than welcome to going somewhere I was wanted. I really feel like Montreal is a great fit for me. I’m ready to do everything to help the team win,” he underlined. “No one wants to get traded two times, but it’s a learning curve. I’m excited to be a Montreal Canadien and I really want to make this home.”

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=773693

Kinda a Strange Fact: His dad was a big Habs Fan but he died when Zack was 8 and now he will wear the number 8 on the team.

I believe in you Dude!

Top Bottom