• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
When's the last time a struggling player was traded and then turned it around and had a great season? Besides Dubnyk? I don't have any high expectations for our new cave man, I give him 10 games before he's stapled to the 4th line.

Tabris

Since this thread gets more Vancouverites then the official Vancouver thread:

UGH @ No vote.

Tabris said:
BC voters are the absolute worst and super short-sighted. This is why you don't let the general population vote on this. They vote on the representatives who make decisions because they are smarter (well ideally and hopefully) then the average voter.

HST vote was wrong, should have been the tax we still have. BC voters voted emotionally due to a poor implementation instead of understanding the true benefits of the tax and eventual cost savings.

Transit Referendum was wrong. Most No voters I spoke to went on some rant about Translink like this vote will change them at all. This vote was simply Christy Clarkson being a coward and distancing herself from the political stigma of tax increase which is needed.

So you voted No. Here is the result: Road congestion increases, Transit congestion increases, Translink continues operating as they have (they are not going away by this vote), and you save maybe $30 a month that may have been taxed? Was that the result you wanted?

This was not a vote on Translink, nothing will change with Translink status. It exists, deal with it or vote in a BC government willing to abolish it and absorb all transit (this won't happen).

Ugh, this makes me so mad. And not because it affects me (I don't need to commute downtown, I can just walk everywhere), but because it was the right thing to do.

Red_Man

Since this thread gets more Vancouverites then the official Vancouver thread:

UGH @ No vote.
t8IHP.gif

Tabris

It was a tough situation for him in Vancouver after the team got sick of some inconsistent play. A change will do him good, and I'm optimistic that he can be valuable for Montreal. A second chance is exactly what he needed.

This is his third chance btw. Buffalo also wasn't happy with his inability to stay in the lineup due to inconsistent play.

We'll Try.
It was a tough situation for him in Vancouver after the team got sick of some inconsistent play. A change will do him good, and I'm optimistic that he can be valuable for Montreal. A second chance is exactly what he needed.

Lets see how it Goes. I'm sure he'll be better than Prust.

Thank you for taking that Jobber Vancouver and giving us a fifth round pick.

cube444

Speaking about Q, I've been told that he's bringing the Stanley Cup to "Chicago Eatery" on Pape ave at some point this summer here in Toronto. That's what the store owner has been telling me at least. (he's a good friend of my brother)

Any requests Marvie if this happens?

Red_Man

Boston has traded Joe Thornton, Phil Kessel, Tyler Seguin, and Dougie Hamilton. all in a decade. think about that.

If you had told me 6 months ago Boston would trade Hamilton before they traded Marchand, I would have said you're bat shit crazy

Red_Man

Huh, I don't get the comparison really. Gerstmann is known for being really cynical and sarcastic all the time. Steve Dangle's like the opposite of that. :p
I'm referring more to his delivery. It's hard to take someone seriously when they're yelling and being loud like that to get their point across.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
God damnit dangle...

I totally did not put the link of kasperi kapanen to sami kapanen to the hit by tucker on kapanen (one of the most thunderous hits i've seen ever) which quickly lead to the most disappointing OT goal scored against us at least in my memory

Maaaaannnnnn

Curufinwe

Haha. Sami is beloved in Philly for that play and many others. So glad his son is no longer a Pen.

When's the last time a struggling player was traded and then turned it around and had a great season? Besides Dubnyk? I don't have any high expectations for our new cave man, I give him 10 games before he's stapled to the 4th line.

Mason and Del Zotto really turned things around after being almost at rock bottom.

Red_Man

Mason and Del Zotto really turned things around after being almost at rock bottom.
Mason is a good one, Del Zotto is kind of meh seeing as people had him rated pretty high up. I don't really want to include goalies because they're so volatile from season to season anyways. There's not many forwards in the past few seasons who have had bounce back seasons after losing their way.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I just realized something about this MSL goal that I mentioned earlier:
And we'll always have this:

3Ms703N.gif
The three Rangers who were in the offensive zone who made that play happen?

Brad Richards, Carl Hagelin, Martin St. Louis

2014 truly was a long long time ago, wasn't it? :(

Parch

Suppose I should talk about those darn Oilers. They pretty much hit all the bullet points I wanted to see in the off season.

-Fire management. Highest priority.

-Address defense. Priority #2. They did this a lot. They drafted a lot of D-men and traded for more. Familiarity with Griffin Reinhart makes that trade easily digestable. Plus they signed one of the best UFA available. Sekera immediately becomes the Oilers top defencemen. Now there's a boatload of defensemen battling for jobs. That's good, because there is absolutely no way the Edmonton defense can be worse than last year.

-Address goaltending. Priority #3. They got a good deal for Talbot and drafted another. Very happy they didn't do something rash and overpay for a goaltender.

-Oh yeah. They also drafted some guy called Generational. I hear he's pretty good.

-Plus throw in the other adds like Letestu and Korpikoski and it's a pretty major shake up to the lineup. That's good. They also did all of the above without touching the core youngsters. That's also good.

Still very much a young team but now it's time to see some production. That's what the pissed off fans want to see, including myself. Full credit for making all the changes but nobody in this town will be satisfied until there's improvement. I'm not expecting McDavid to be a savior as a rookie so expectations are very low, but the next person that tells me to "be patient" is getting slugged in the mouth.
Still, there's plenty of reasons to be optimistic. I might even go to a few games this year. Thanks to the Oil Kings for helping us make it through the tough times.

Talking to a friend that works for the NHL. He said Kings can't void Voynofs contract while he is suspended. That's why they need to wait until the NHL finishes their investigation.

Red_Man

Habs will be taking the place of the Hawks in the Leafs annual rookie tournament this year

For the third straight year, the Toronto Maple Leafs will hold their rookie tournament in London at Budweiser Gardens.

The 2015 rookie tournament will see the Montreal Canadiens making the trip to London for the first time, replacing the Chicago Blackhawks. The Ottawa Senators and Pittsburgh Penguins will also participate.
That's pretty exciting for us, since the Habs never do this. Watching prospects play against other teams prospects will be a lot more entertaining than just scrimmages.

Mentok

Banned
I'm coming around to Kassian Now.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=773693

Kinda a Strange Fact: His dad was a big Habs Fan but he died when Zack was 8 and now he will wear the number 8 on the team.

I believe in you Dude!

The problem was people were expecting "the next Lucic" and that kind of pressure lead to disappointment. If he just plays his game as a strong 3-4 line power forward, he'll do just fine.

EDIT: I hope those rumours of DD and Pleks are true. At least from the DD front. If it costs Pleks to get a true #1C then so be it. it would also be a sign from MB that he wants AGally in C sooner than later, instead of on the wing.

Tabris

Clearly you're in on the Antropov 3-on-3 in-joke Marvie and I have.

Tell me more about the joke on Antropov?

Do you think Antropov will play again in the NHL or will he retire in the KHL?

EDIT - Also please see the logo in the top left next time you think of an insult. I don't think knob polisher as a negative is an appropriate joke. It's 2015.

Top Bottom