• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Pikma

Banned
You guys saying our defense sucks don't realize Daley was one of the main reasons the defense sucked ass, the fact that he left is already an improvement, that's how bad he was. The only good thing about Daley is his points production
I guess so. I got an alert from The Score.

I Just realized Pikmas Avatar was Patrick Star in the Dallas Logo.

Coincidence? I think not
:lol :lol who would have thought
Garbutt? Ewww. Id rather get kicked in the balls than have that assclown on the Hawks.

Getting Daley pretty much means Oduya is gone.

Sucks that Johns had to go. I was really looking forward to him being on the Hawks next year.
My condolences, Marvie, but look at the bright side, the same asshole for half the price!
That will happen playing on a team of suckass jerks like the Stars.
Well, I take that back, hope you drown on the shitbaggery that Garbutt is, enjoy!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Various insiders are reporting that the Hawks general manager is looking for a 1stround pick, a top prospect and an NHL forward on an entry level contract in return for Sharp.
Close :lol

Seems like Bergevin is really set on giving the kids a shot and not overpaying for age or term right now, which in the long run is the correct decision. Just sucks watching every other team making moves while we twiddle our thumbs.

zroid

Banned
the fact that the Hawks are only paying $900k of Garbutt's salary means I think they can bury him in the minors and get 100% cap relief on the contract

sooo that's probably what's happening here

Pikma

Banned
Nill focused way more on Stephen Johns, and how good he did against the Texas Stars in the last playoffs, than on Sharp.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Stars acquired Patrick Sharp?!

HOLY SHIT NILL ACTUALLY SHOOK UP THE LINE UP!!!

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!

giphy.gif

Enjoy Everyone Favorite Shithead (TM) Chicago, better get use to his antics quick.

Gonna miss Daley though, even he kinda meh last season.

Guys, Sharp sucks really badly now. Was a completely different player last season.

That said, I can't believe we had to lose Johns so we could save less than 2 million in cap space. Fucking terrible.

Johns is the better piece than Sharp in this trade.

Marvie_3

Banned
Guys, Sharp sucks really badly now. Was a completely different player last season.

That said, I can't believe we had to lose Johns so we could save less than 2 million in cap space. Fucking terrible.

Johns is the better piece than Sharp in this trade.
Lolno. His production was down in the regular season but he played much better in the playoffs.

Yes it sucks losing Johns but if he isnt added then maybe we cant move Sharp. If we cant move Sharp then we're dealing Seabrook or Crawford. Johns isnt going to make up for losing one of those two right now.

tmac456

pretty disappointing that Johns had to go to move Sharp. Daley was awful last year but hopefully he can get back to being a solid player in Chicago's system.

i don't see how Bickell gets moved if it took that much to move Sharp

Marvie_3

Banned
pretty disappointing that Johns had to go to move Sharp. Daley was awful last year but hopefully he can get back to being a solid player in Chicago's system.

i don't see how Bickell gets moved if it took that much to move Sharp
Bickell can be traded for anything. With Sharp you want at least some value.

Hell, if we have to we can throw in one of the stockpile of prospects we have to get rid of him. We dont have room for all of them anyway.

Quick

Banned
Sharp finally out of Chicago, wow. I figured it would eventually happen this summer, but I didn't think they would trade within the division. I was expecting the Habs to eventually land him.

Sharp finally out of Chicago, wow. I figured it would eventually happen this summer, but I didn't think they would trade within the division. I was expecting the Habs to eventually land him.

I think MBs plan is just bring someone up from the AHL. Which I am totally okay with.

cube444

The Sharp trade just (among others) just shows that it is hard to trade guys on contract. Just take a look at how many UFAs have yet to sign as well. Seems like teams are being more cautious than they've ever been when looking at the bottom line.

The Sharp trade just (among others) just shows that it is hard to trade guys on contract. Just take a look at how many UFAs have yet to sign as well. Seems like teams are being more cautious than they've ever been when looking at the bottom line.
Yeah because you never know when you have an O'Reilly in the making on your hands.

Pikma

Banned
So Nill said the plan for Johns is to directly compete for a NHL spot. That leaves us with 8 NHL-ready dmen, I wonder who will end up getting cut, other than Oleksiak? They better not dare to touch Benn.

Quick

Banned
I think MBs plan is just bring someone up from the AHL. Which I am totally okay with.

This is a lot smarter.

I know Red's and members of Habs-GAF are a little antsy over lack of movement with the Habs, but MB is making the smarter choice of not getting into the free agent pool or trade block so quickly.

You wouldn't want a Clarkson situation.

Nylander and Andreas Johnson

Classless Europeens with no respek for the game.

Top Bottom