• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

kingslunk

TYVZhlm.jpg

Nailed it.

So dev camp for the Wild is done with. Apparently Reilly was doing some legitimately awesome stuff all camp. Sorry Lumbus.

Also some good work from many of the high draft picks. Kind of sucks that hockey is over with for another few months though.

EDIT: Yay I was wrong. Wild dev camp goes until Tuesday or Wednesday. That's nice.

ShaneB

Haven't cared to post much lately... just dealing with a lot of stress and things..

Just finished watching the UFC 189 main card, god damn that was fantastic.

Was golfing friday and played a full 18 for the first time in years, played pretty decently except for a few disastrous holes. Got a good number of bogeys, couple pars, a birdie, and a great chip in from about 10 yards off the green.

Some scientists claim we might get a 10-year long mini ice age around 2030

There is going to be a serious influx of talent in the NHL near the tail end of that and afterward if it is true.

10 years of snow/icy weather being the primary season for a lot of countries? Football, soccer, and other outdoor sports would certainly lose a good chunk of growing athletes. Hockey benefits, obviously.

Unless we all die of frostbite and freezing to death and all that boring stuff.

It's too hot.

Halp.

Just wait 15 years.

FUBAR, are you telling me that it might hit 60 degrees in the middle of winter in SoCal one day?

Don't be outrageous. 70 degrees at worst.

Chris Stewart is now a Officially a Duck

1 Year, 1.7M

Not terrible. He's a big body that creates space but he doesn't do a lot with it. I would have liked the Wild to bring him back to add some physicality, but he didn't bring what was advertised. He hits but not as much as he should. Shoots but not as much as he should, and so on.

Marvie_3

Banned

There is going to be a serious influx of talent in the NHL near the tail end of that and afterward if it is true.

10 years of snow/icy weather being the primary season for a lot of countries? Football, soccer, and other outdoor sports would certainly lose a good chunk of growing athletes. Hockey benefits, obviously.

Fuck yes. Cold weather. Summer can go blow goats.

Winter is Coming.

Does this mean it might be around 70 degrees during summer in LA? That's cold for summer.

Fucking spotify trying to depress the hell out of me with their music choices. Ridiculous.

Saw Inside Out

Why am I not surprised that Pete Docter is from Minnesota :p

It was basically Minnesota Fuck Yeah!™ the movie.

I loved it.

Fuck yes. Cold weather. Summer can go blow goats.

For a Hawks fan, you're alright, Marvie. At least in my book.

Winter is Coming.

Does this mean it might be around 70 degrees during summer in LA? That's cold for summer.

City would shut down for weeks if that happened for just an hour one time.

Samyy

Well the Leafs did a thing
Traded Jaime Devane (AHLer) for Taylor Beck (4th liner) from Nashville.

Don't really get it from Nashville's POV but its a thing that happened

edit: DAMMIT ZROID!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Dominos!

Apparently he's about to go through arbitration

So Nashville probably just did the trade as a just in case so it doesn't screw them

Montresor

Leafs-age can I have 5 pages analysing this trade so I understand it please

Jamie Devane was a third round pick that Burke wasted. He's a pure enforcer, but he was picked 68th overall in 2009. That was back when Burke was all rah-rah about top six, bottom six, with pure scoring in the top six and lunch-pail carrying, tough guys in the bottom six.

According to hockey db (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2009e.html), Jamie Devane has played 2 NHL games and Taylor Beck has played 85 NHL games.

Looks like this was a case of Toronto flexing its financial might and shipping off a useless, cheap player (Devane, enforcer) in exchange for a half-decent 4th liner, a trade which Nashville only accepted because Beck is going into arbitration and Nashville has an internal cap and can't afford for the arbitration to go against them.

edit:

Burke's tenure here is looking worse and worse. A lot of his belligerant/pugnacious picks are huge busts (Devane, Biggs, Ross).

Top Bottom