• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

kingslunk

So Nill said the plan for Johns is to directly compete for a NHL spot. That leaves us with 8 NHL-ready dmen, I wonder who will end up getting cut, other than Oleksiak? They better not dare to touch Benn.

Jordie? He was terrible last year. I wouldn't be surprised if oleksiak gets traded.

This is a lot smarter.

I know Red's and members of Habs-GAF are a little antsy over lack of movement with the Habs, but MB is making the smarter choice of not getting into the free agent pool or trade block so quickly.

You wouldn't want a Clarkson situation.

Absolutely. I think this is the best choice. I'm glad we didn't get Belesky because I think we have capable wingers in our AHL team right now that can easily solve our scoring problems.

All we gotta wait for is Galchenyuk to re-sign.

Bickell can be traded for anything. With Sharp you want at least some value.

Hell, if we have to we can throw in one of the stockpile of prospects we have to get rid of him. We dont have room for all of them anyway.

You think Bickell will be traded? Seems like he might be unmovable with his, 4 million a year hit, overall production last year, and his concussions; I mean "vertigo".

They may have to find a way to throw him on the LTIR; maybe a knee surgery?

eyeless

here is a picture of our latvian international man of mystery dzierkals cause there wasn't really even a decent picture of him sometimes i wondered if he existed at all
1297723023962_ORIGINAL.jpg

2020 all star fan voting champ right chea

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
AGally needs to sign before Bergevin pulls the trigger on any big move. Hopefully it gets done sooner than later.

Man.... I just found out about the Sharp trade over breakfast this morning. My buddy thought I was kidding when I said I didn't know what he was talking about. Fuck

Marvie, your PM makes even more sense now, lol......

Man.... I just found out about the Sharp trade over breakfast this morning. My buddy thought I was kidding when I said I didn't know what he was talking about. Fuck

:lol How did you manage to go online, get a PM from Marvie and still be oblivious to the trade? That's talent.

Parch

Once Galchenyuk is signed there won't be a lot of cap room to play around with. A lot of money tied up in defence and goaltending. Maybe some depth move, but it doesn't look like Montreal can do much else. Maybe trading Plekanec?

It's a buyer's market, and that requires cap room.

Once Galchenyuk is signed there won't be a lot of cap room to play around with. A lot of money tied up in defence and goaltending. Maybe some depth move, but it doesn't look like Montreal can do much else. Maybe trading Plekanec?

It's a buyer's market, and that requires cap room.

I could see us getting rid of Eller before we get rid of Plekanec TBH. I Just hope someone takes Emelin.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I could see us getting rid of Eller before we get rid of Plekanec TBH. I hope someone takes Emelin.

Eller won't get us anything equal or better in a trade, he only works in a package deal at this point. Plekanec could be the centrepiece of a trade for a team looking for a good second line centre, but there doesn't seem to be a huge market right now.

Eller won't get us anything equal or better in a trade, he only works in a package deal at this point. Plekanec could be the centrepiece of a trade for a team looking for a good second line centre, but there doesn't seem to be a huge market right now.

I agree. But before anything Galchenyuk should be signed first. That should be Top Priority.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. But before anything Galchenyuk should be signed first. That should be Top Priority.

Absolutely.

Then Bergevin has to figure out what he wants to do with his top three centremen.

Plekanec - tough matchups plus offense
Galchenyuk - easiest matchups and offensive zone starts
Eller - defensive zone starts and the hardest matchups possible

Makes too much sense to me. Desharnais can't do Plekanec or Eller's jobs, and he's just in Galchenyuk's way.

Marvie_3

Banned
You think Bickell will be traded? Seems like he might be unmovable with his, 4 million a year hit, overall production last year, and his concussions; I mean "vertigo".

They may have to find a way to throw him on the LTIR; maybe a knee surgery?
He can get traded. Doesnt mean he will. Theyd have to get rid of Versteeg and probably Shaw if they dont though.

Id be totally ok with them finding a way to LTIR him though. Thats the only way hed be useful.

LOL

Pikma

Banned
Jamie Benn says his recovery is ahead of schedule and he will be 100% ready for the opening game

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Top Bottom