• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've had this guy working for me for about 5 months now, he's always been really ignorant towards women and made the girls at work uncomfortable but I never had what I needed to toss him, until yesterday he was harassing and bothering my assistant who's a woman and had it documented, so I was finally able to fire him today. I imagine what I'm feeling right now is similar to what I'll be feeling when Therrien is fired.

/offtopiclifeshit

Red_Man

What kind of stuff was he doing?
Touching them inappropriately, saying inappropriate things, telling them they didn't know anything, they weren't as good at their jobs as men, and undermining my assistant manager quite a bit. He was brought in by someone above which is why it was difficult for me to get rid of him, and none of the women at work wanted to come out and speak up about him.

zroid

Banned
Touching them inappropriately, saying inappropriate things, telling them they didn't know anything, they weren't as good at their jobs as men, and undermining my assistant manager quite a bit. He was brought in by someone above which is why it was difficult for me to get rid of him, and none of the women at work wanted to come out and speak up about him.

hard to believe people like that still exist

gaming_noob

I've had this guy working for me for about 5 months now, he's always been really ignorant towards women and made the girls at work uncomfortable but I never had what I needed to toss him, until yesterday he was harassing and bothering my assistant who's a woman and had it documented, so I was finally able to fire him today. I imagine what I'm feeling right now is similar to what I'll be feeling when Therrien is fired.

/offtopiclifeshit

I have a coworker who is a racist bigot but only shows hia true side one on one at work. Rude to clients and just doesn't know his stuff after being here over 8 years and holding the team back. There's another who keeps telling us the government allows us to take as many sick days as we want so he takes on average 10-18 sick days a year. Always comes back wuth odd reasons like being hungover on Mondays, or his 2 year old son had 40+ degree temperature but miraculously recovers the next day with no side effects.

hard to believe people like that still exist

Oh they do. When I used to work at EB Games there was an employee that would harass the female employees and female customers and say the most disgusting things you could say to a lady.

Thankfully the manager fired his ass because he caught him saying it

Red_Man

I have a coworker who is a racist bigot but only shows hia true side one on one at work. Rude to clients and just doesn't know his stuff after being here over 8 years and holding the team back. There's another who keeps telling us the government allows us to take as many sick days as we want so he takes on average 10-18 sick days a year. Always comes back wuth odd reasons like being hungover on Mondays, or his 2 year old son had 40+ degree temperature but miraculously recovers the next day with no side effects.
Luckily I'm in a position where I can remove these people, but it's incredibly difficult to do so in a lot of situations. It can be really frustrating.

zroid

Banned
Oh they do. When I used to work at EB Games there was an employee that would harass the female employees and female customers and say the most disgusting things you could say to a lady.

Thankfully the manager fired his ass because he caught him saying it

sigh :(

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I've seen MRAs on the Internet. But it's different seeing people behave this way online versus in real life.

when I hear these stories it just makes me want to be a more proactive feminist. women face so much terrible shit.

@scottcwheeler: "There’s been some rumours about Phil, but he’s probably one of the best teammates I’ve had. He’s a good team guy." - Morgan Rielly

@scottcwheeler: "The guy might score 50. I mean, I think he’s a great player. I don’t think you can really replace him." - Morgan Rielly on Phil Kessel.

There's your Future Captain, LeafsGAF

Morgan Rielly, what a good guy

zroid

Banned
Rielly is awesome <3

let's just pretend he didn't come out last year and declare Tyler Bozak is a #1C. That never happened.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Are we sharing terrible coworkers?

We had a dude here who got fired after a week because he told all the black women in the office that he hated black women and all black people...despite being black himself. When he got fired he refused to give up his key card so they just deactivated it and gave a heads up to security and to all us employees if we see him to avoid him. Sure enough the day after he was fired he came back walking around on the main level of the building we're in and flagging down anyone at the office who looked familiar. Security eventually got to him and banned him from the building.

Jblanks

There's your Future Captain, LeafsGAF

Morgan Rielly, what a good guy

CKKD4e6UAAASYw9.jpg

Posts like this make me so glad I met my wife in high school, and before the internet.

I met my wife when I was 21, and I feel about the same way, glad I don't have to wade through modern dating pools haha

I just realized this was from at least a day ago because I haven't refreshed this tab :/

Razorskin

----- ------
Finally switching from Dropbox to OneDrive, my upload speed is pretty bad so this will take like 2 days. Hopefully Heretic will notice me now.

Finally switching from Dropbox to OneDrive, my upload speed is pretty bad so this will take like 2 days. Hopefully Heretic will notice me now.

I had to do the same thing not too long ago. I got a bunch of free space and then it expired. Turns out Dropbox is the satellite radio of cloud storage. Just silly expensive considering how cheap the alternatives are.

calder

Wait, free dropbox space can expire? God I hope my 12gb doesn't get cut somehow, I can't move to an alternative.

Well, I could obviously, but it'd be such a nuisance. And simply by being first dropbox has such tight integration with other shit I use like 1Password.

Wait, free dropbox space can expire? God I hope my 12gb doesn't get cut somehow, I can't move to an alternative.

Well, I could obviously, but it'd be such a nuisance. And simply by being first dropbox has such tight integration with other shit I use like 1Password.

I think you'll always get 2 gigs free, but any bonus space you got will expire.

Montresor

So apparently Columbus was mulling over a trade of taking the fourth pick from the Leafs and giving up the 8th, 34th, 38th and 54th on the draft floor.

Per Pension Plan Puppets:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2015/7/20/9006441/blue-jackets-draft-video-shows-leafs-offered-pick-no-4-for-picks-no-8

Leafs ended up keeping the 4th overall pick (and stud Marner) and converted their 24th overall pick (from Nashville) into the 34th, 61st, and 68th overall picks. So they ended up acquiring one of those picks anyway, even while keeping Marner (34th overall). Based Dubas, Hunter, Shanahan.

Man the expansion process was a complete joke, I guess they just wanted those two, but then Bettman's statements afterwards seemed really but hurt that's all you got. I'm sorry, but if the Toronto area couldn't put together a bid then you fucked up.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 6:30 PM - Officials in Canada and the U.S. are warning residents not to touch giant hogweed plants, which have been popping up in large numbers in both countries.

When combined with sunlight, sap from the plants can cause extreme skin irritation, temporary or permanent blindness and scarring.

According to weather.com, there have been several reports of children in the U.S. and the U.K. suffering from severe burns following interactions with the plant, which blooms in mid-August.

While reports in Canada have been minimal, a woman in Renfrew, Ontario was recently told she would have to avoid direct sunlight for three years after being badly burned by wild parsnip, a close relative of giant hogweed.

WHY DOES THIS THING EXIST

Socreges

Banned

/offtopiclifeshit
Retail?

/offtopiclifeshit

why you cockblockin bro?

Curufinwe

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/07/21/kalman-rinaldo-out-to-change-reputation-with-move-to-bruins/

"Sweeney lauded Rinaldo’s enthusiasm, energy and courage. The Bruins clearly see Rinaldo as a combination of Shawn Thornton’s fighting, Gregory Campbell’s shot blocking and Daniel Paille’s penalty killing."

Rinaldo's not smart enough to kill penalties, and he's usually the one in the box anyway. He's had less than 50 total minutes of SH TOI in his four year career.

calder

The NHL's whiny response to the expansion process was indeed kinda bush league BUT I do agree with them that all these jokers sniffing around had *years* to get their shit together. I bet a lot of them are the same - pretty rich guys who were blowing smoke trying to get other people to put up the cash to buy them a team. Then when push comes to shove they slink back into the background.

Oh, and Bill Simmons to HBO is awesome. I've been reading his stuff for almost as long as I've been on GAF, which means he's been a part of my internetting for almost as long as I've been using the internet.

Top Bottom